Kroger Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,584 Interview Reviews

1.8

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kroger (Denton, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Easy, went in for a job fair, got hired on the spot, also did a oral drug test on the spot, expecting a call next week to start. Really easy, did a group interview. You had to have applied online first to participate in the job fair.

Apparel Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kroger (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2017.

Interview

I walked into Kroger for a job fair was hired during a job fair on the spot. They had everything ready to go and sent you in for immediate interviews. It was very fast efficient.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions on past experience. They didn't ask any of those questions about what if and your goal in 5 years.   1 Answer

Deli/Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hebron, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Hebron, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

Did Online application and then was contacted by the third Party Hiring Firm. Was asked in to store for a face to face interview within a couple days. Very relaxed with easy questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger in September 2017.

Interview

Interview is very laid back and they hardly ask questions except the basics such as your availability. You are required to take a a saliva drug test at the interview and they mostly do group interviews.

Produce Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clarkston, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Clarkston, MI) in September 2017.

Interview

Short. Interviewer was nice, but fast. Got hired on the spot. Filled out some paperwork and was told I would get a call once interviews were done. I didn't get a call til over a week later. Then my orientation wasn't for days.

Bistro Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Forest, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Forest, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

Professional and courteous. Prompt and short but very thorough. Fairly easy questions if you have experience with the public. Only downside was there was some errors on my hiring process which made it take longer, average person would probably take less than two weeks.

Interview Questions

• What was your most complicated customer service error and how did you coreecr it and please the customer?   Answer Question

Grocer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Forney, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Forney, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Came in 15 minutes early. Was made to wait much longer than that. The people that I spoke to before the interview were rude and cold. When I finally did get to speak to the hiring manager, he hadn't even read my resume as he literally said: "Hold on. I need to look through your resume." That kind of sealed the deal for me.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions relating to me resume: "Describe a time when you worked witha difficult person"   Answer Question
    • What is something that you didn't like about your previous position?   Answer Question

Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Chandler, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

Had initial phone interview. Was contacted less than 24 hours before hand asking if I was available to come in to interview the next day. While there, both interviewers seemed distracted and unprepared. Majority of the 4 hour process was following along on the plant tour while they worked and asked questions in between. Once in the formal interview sessions, the phones came out and the hiring manager left the interview for a half an hour.

Interview Questions

• Plant tour followed by questions about different projects and past experiences.   Answer Question

Produce Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

Had to do a phone interview which lead to an in store interview within a few days was hired and started training process which was mostly computer based then led to job shadowing

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olive Branch, MS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Olive Branch, MS).

Interview

I applied and two days later I was called in for an interview. I went in and interviewed with one of the managers. We immediately got along, and the interview went great.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you over the other applicants? What can you bring?   1 Answer