Kroger Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,322 Interview Reviews

1.8

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (New York, NY).

Interview

Easy, friendly, honest about my hours and pay upfront. No "typical" questions and just explained the position and what to brush up on. Short interview with the pharmacy manager and then went on for background/drug test two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability? How much are you getting paid at your other job?   Answer Question

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Very brief and basic such as tell me about yourself. The manager also asked about my future career and educational goals. I was also asked about prior work experience and my availability.

Cake Decorator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kroger (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and then went into the store to ask about the application I submitted because they never called me. She interviewed me on the spot. I asked for $12/hr. Pay started at $9.15 and went up based on experience. I have 2 years experience in retail/customer service and an additional year of customer service. She said it is possible to get my $12 but she had to confirm with other people first. She would let me know at orientation. Went in for orientation and they offered me $9.75/hr. I said that wasn't what we discussed. She said "Well I didn't say I could guarantee that." I left. I don't want to work for a company that tries to reel people in with false information. No thank you.

Apparel Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (New York, NY).

Interview

Went great. Very professional. Explained the process in detail. The HR manager was very nice and did a store walk through. Described the job in detail and the day to day work I would be performing. I'm very happy with the interview process and decided to accept the job.

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Collierville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Collierville, TN) in December 2016.

Interview

My interview was with someone other than the person I was told it would be with. The person who interviewed me did not introduce himself or state what his position with the store was. I was asked whether I had any retail experience. I am female and was told that the grocery clerk night position is "male-dominated" and the duties are fairly physical in nature. The interviewer said that if I didn't like the overnight shift to let him know and he could see about moving me to another shift. He never made a clear job offer, but I took the drug screen (it's an oral procedure that takes five minutes, the results of which are usually ready in two days.) I was not asked for my picture ID, but I did have to provide my SSN on the background check consent form. I was told that I might start work before attending orientation and that that majority of my training would be on the job. I was not told what the rate of pay would be.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Kroger?   1 Answer
    • Describe how you might provide excellent customer service in this position.   1 Answer
    • Are you looking to work nights or overnight?   Answer Question
    • How many hours are you looking to work?   1 Answer
    • We changed out price tags two nights a week. How do you feel about doing that?   Answer Question

E-Commerce Customer Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olive Branch, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kroger (Olive Branch, MS) in December 2016.

Interview

Beforehand, a bit of nerves hit me about what would be asked but the interview was super super laid back. And since the interviewer was very chill to talk to which made it easier to answer a couple questions and carry on a conversation. I got offered the position on the spot... went forward with drug/alcohol test and discussing questions related to training period, union enrollment, and hourly wage. I get to work at my favorite store! :)

Interview Questions

• Who would you look up to? (superhero, family member, or anyone)
      What's good customer service to you/how do you give good customer service?
      Tell me about a time where no one stepped up to a situation but you did.
      Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Navarre, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Navarre, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

Went through 4 seperate interviews almost a week apart each time. First interview, he thought I would be good for a different position, sent me out of town to meet with someone and she didnt even have a position available. Third interview with area supervisor went well but fourth interview was more than 2 weeks later.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond Hill, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kroger (Richmond Hill, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and 2 days later I got a call from their recruiting division and set up a time for an interview. I received an email immediately after with the name of the interviewer and the address. On the day of, my interview was with the pharmacist and we went to the break room for the interview. People were walking in and out of the room awkwardly as we conducted the interview.

The pharmacist was really nice but he did not have any information as to my resume or previous working experience so we really just talked about what my resume would have said. He also said that there were three more interviews he had to conduct before they made a final decision and he would give me a call back.

The next day I got a call back from the HR department at the Kroger location and she offered me the position. Although I applied for full time, she said the position offered was part time for 7.25 an hour with about 12-28 hours. I declined the offer because the pay was way too low for someone with the amount of experience I had.

Deli/Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Louisville, KY) in December 2016.

Interview

i applied online, and was called a few days latter. they asked me about myself, my availability, and prior work experience. they then set up a time to meet me in the store. we spoke briefly about times i was available then i filled out a TON of paper work and scheduled time for web based training.

Interview Questions

• What is your previous work experience?
      What hours are you available to work?
      Why should i hire you?
      1 Answer

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Richmond, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

It was a basic interview. Nothing too difficult. Was given a drug test - mouth swab- and filled out paperwork for a background check. Was told I had the job and they would call me with training information. Took a couple of weeks to actually hear back from them and schedule training.