Kroger Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017
1,467 Interview Reviews

1.8

Produce Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

The interviewer was friendly and hired me on the spot. Questions were very standard, nothing you wouldn't expect from a job interview. About a week after applying online, I was contacted by a recruiter and had a very brief phone interview before being called in for my formal interview. DRESS BUSINESS CASUAL! You will not be taken seriously if you dress in a sloppy manner and if your outfit is nice, your interviewer will notice and appreciate it.

Interview Questions

• If a customer approaches you and is upset, how would you handle the situation?   2 Answers
    • Why do you want to work for Kroger?   1 Answer

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, WV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Charleston, WV) in May 2017.

Interview

Was called in for an interview after a brief phone conversation asking basically my intentions and how I can help with the job. I arrived at the customer service who atleast told me to stay there but felt a condescending mood for reasons I do not understand. Once the interviewer arrived I headed to the interview room and I was asked more questions about how I could help and had the job explained to me. I was told I received the job. We planned to have me return the next day to start the job. I called and told her I could not make it the next morning an hour in advance. This was fine. We rescheduled for Thursday. Unforuteunly due to a series of unfortunate events I was not able to attentend yet again. This is rare for me. I called to tell the lady I had been dealing with I would not be able to attend and hoped for a reschedule. Once I called customer service to convey this and make a deal they told me the manager was not in and they were extremely abrupt and unaccomidating. No offer to take a message to relay to her.This led me to not being able to contact her that day. The next day I gave her a call again to ask when I should come in to begin. (keep in mind this is all within the same week). I was finally able to reach someone who when answered claimed to be the manager. I was told I had not called (though I had) and was told that's a big problem. I was given no chance for presenting the truth. Then I was told so the posistion may have been filled and "maybe" she will give me a call tommrow to let me know . I do not like my character misconstrued so I called back the store and again reached someone who claimed to be the women I was supposed to be dealing with though I was just told she was not there and informed that yes I had called. She claimed not to be the manager so I asked her to please take note of this and she said she would pass it along. I never received a call. I feel as if I was played with and the manager could not just tell me she filled the posistion. Honestly would have been nice instead of leaving me hanging with no word on the job when I have bills to pay. This is a huge problem that needs to be fixed. I am profoundly disappointed with the dishonesty disrespect and disregard as a human being as I am a very respectful human being was very appreciative of the opportunity and communicated such to her. I have never received this attitude of disrespect and feeling of belittling at any other place of work that I have attended. I sincerely hope no one has to go through what I have gone through in this. I'm not one to post reviews but if I can help someone avoid this and what they put me through then I will feel my true job has been accomplished in this situation.

Interview Questions

• Example of what you do to contribute to a group
      Hours of availability
      Future plans   Answer Question

E-Commerce Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email about two days later. I completed a quick phone interview and went in for an interview the next day. The manager asked me when I was available, and I said that I was available every day. I also mentioned I was going back to school in August. I was told at the interview that the position did not exist yet and I would not be working for another eight weeks. I was not aware of this until I went in for the interview, and I had to decline the offer.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Richmond, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

i went when they had a job fair, which they have about every few weeks, the interview process was very easy, she asked about my previous jobs, and what work ethic was like, and how long would i work if i got the job

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the kroger team?   1 Answer

Drug/GM Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kroger (Katy, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

two forms of interview, one was done via phone call and the other in person. the interviewer was very nice and made me feel at ease during the interview.easy questions

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

Standard sit down interview. Drug test and road test after interview. Interview lasted 15 minutes. Road test was very comprehensive, and lasted over one hour. Drug test was at a nearby clinic, and it lasted 20 minutes.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

Quick and to the point. First there was a phone call with the recruiting team then they set up an in person interview in the store for the next day.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer asking a question not in your department?   1 Answer

Store Co-Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

applied online, received an email to set up phone interview, after phone interview was sent an email to set up a face to face interview with several district managers. After that I received a phone call with an offer that I counter offered and they accepted.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I aplied online and honestly didn't expect an answer. I have applied there before and received nothing afterwards. I however revived an email roughly two weeks later. The email gave me a phone number and reference number. I called the number the wait was around 5-8 minutes long. They told me there was an interview time the next day at 4 pm. They told me to bring a government issued ID, and social security number. And to come dressed in business casual.

IT Analyst Interview

Interview

I dont know, it was fun while it lasted. I wish i got to go to the next part of the interview to gain some experience. Maybe I will next time.