Kroger Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 28, 2017
1,389 Interview Reviews

1.8

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

Asked "why do you want to work for us" and immediately gave me the job, albeit at a different position in the store. I should've interpreted it as a sign of how unprofessional the work environment was/would be.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Toledo, OH).

Interview

It felt very unorganized. The lady read straight off a piece of paper. Told me they would call me with an answer in a week and I never got a call.

Interview Questions

• How to act in a fast paced work environment   1 Answer

Cake Decorator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (New York, NY).

Interview

Was interviewed by a different manager than who I was told I would interview with. They asked basic questions and then did an oral drug test at the end. The manager I was supposed to interview with showed up at the end. It was a fairly smooth process. They stated that since I had previous experience they would get me a higher wage but that never happened. It took nearly two weeks for the results from the drug test to come back and to begin orientation.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry customer?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (New York, NY).

Interview

Had a meeting at the customer service desk, asked various common questions and were told that they would get back to me shortly. Called me but I ultimately decided to decline the job offer.

Interview Questions

• What was one time that you were able to solve a problem involving another person?   Answer Question

Grocery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

I was emailed and called to come in for the interview. When i came in i had to wait for about 30 minuets because i came in like 44 minutes early. Then he explained what i would be doing and how much money i can get paid then asked me to come the next day to sign papers.

Interview Questions

• Why do you choose kroger   1 Answer
    • Why dont you work anywhere else?   1 Answer
    • Are you ok with minimum wage?   1 Answer

Courtesy Clerk/Bagger Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

They asked about previous work experience and education history. They explained my job description. Asked about my availability. Did a mouth swab drug test. Failing the drug seems to be the only way to fail the interview. I tend to be shy during job interviews but this did not appear to be an issue.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kroger in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and then was called the next day by a recruiter who asked me a few questions to determine if she wanted to put me through to an in person interview. I answered well enough that she said to come in for an interview the next day. I went in and met with the HR manager, who was very nice. We went over my resume and made a bit of small talk and I was offered the job on the spot. It was a very relaxed interview and felt more like a conversation than a Q&A.

General Merchandiser: Drug Interview

Anonymous Employee in Griffin, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Griffin, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

Very informal. Began with a phone interview, after which I was scheduled for an in-person interview for the next day. Questions asked were very basic customer service focused. I was able to anticipate follow-up questions before they were asked.

Interview Questions

• What is your definition of customer service?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you received exceptional customer service.   1 Answer

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Knoxville, TN) in January 2017.

Interview

the person interviewing was nice and made it easy to relax. She went over the management trainee program first with me then went through the actual questions. Most questions were behavioral based. Have a second interview soon!

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online received call next day conducting phone interview basic customer service questions. Then scheduled personal interview with HR manager at the store and the pharmacy manager. Questions based on online assessment you take when applying

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay not negotiable