Kroger Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,472 Interview Reviews

1.8

Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with director, then in-person interview. Was told on the phone that the director didn't know of any way to prepare for the in-person interview, then during the in-person interview questioned why I wasn't better prepared. Overall was a very negative experience. They had set scenarios, "give me an example of a time when..." but were looking for people with good interview skills, not necessarily the skills they were hiring for. I was essentially told that it was more important that they do what they were told without question than to question why things were being done or the reasons behind decisions. For an Agile / Lean position and environment, I found this very strange. Overall I felt like they were really arrogant and demeaning and I got enough warning signs to avoid working for them if there were any other option.

ECommerce Click List Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davison, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Davison, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and 3 days later I got an email regarding my application. I had to call for a phone interview within 2 days after receiving the email. Phone interview was about 10 minutes long with standard interview questions. At the end of the phone interview we set up another interview at the store I applied to. The 2nd interview was quite short as well with similar questions to the phone interview. Overall it was a good experience the woman interviewing me was very friendly. Disappointed that I was not offered the job.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kroger (Macon, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

I sat in the back room until my name was called. Once I was called, I sat in the managers office & he told me he didn't even look at my resume. He asks me to fill him in on my job history & responsibilities (what's on my resume). He told me I was hired on the spot but never once mentioned anything about pay. I went to training still not knowing how much I get paid or if I get paid for training. I go look online to see my pay & I only get 20 cents more than minimum wage. That was unacceptable considering the years of experience I had. I called it quits before my first day.

Interview Questions

• There were no interview questions. He just wanted me to tell him about my jobs.   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kroger (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

Took an online test that gave 3? hours, however, was designed to take much less time than that. Received a phone interview afterwards to ask about skillsets and get a better understanding of my programming background, not based upon previous work experience really. Was asked about being able to solve the first question in under 3 minutes due to the question providing the algorithm in which to solve the problem which is easily mapped to function calls in the Java Stream API. Finally got a in-person interview in which they asked more about previous work experiences, goods, bads, opinions on why I felt certain applications were not the best, as well as a whiteboard question (actually 2 in my case as had time) that tested ability to work with/talk through with another person instead of just being able to solve the problem which I would classify as simple whiteboard problems.

Interview Questions

• Explain what functional programming was, its benefits, downsides and why I thought it was useful or not.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Richmond, TX).

Interview

The interview was during a hiring event after I applied online. The interview was a group interview with several of the managers asking questions. We basically just told everyone else about ourself.

Grocery Bagger Interview

Interview

They send an email and inside of the email it gives you a phone number to call. You call that number and then you get redirected to a manager and they ask you questions.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Interview

Group interview. Extremely easy! If you are in this interview you're basically hired. They talk with you about Kroger, give you a saliva drug test, give you some important info, then talk with you one-on-one.

Interview Questions

• What is one problem you've dealt with in a work environment and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, OH

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kroger (Franklin, OH).

Interview

Applied online on a weekday morning; recruiter called win 4 HOURS. After setting up interview 3 days out, the recruiter emailed an interview confirmation before ending our call, an Interview REMINDER the DAY BEFORE & by 6am the DAY OF, ALL reiterating what my responsibilities were (ie, Dress, identification, Early Arrival etc). While MANY might perceive this as heavy-handed, I experienced a sense of DESIRE to meet me, which boosted my confidence. The interview itself was within easy proximity to the Customer Service desk, and in the Employee Computer Trainjng Room. After critical questions were asked (see below), I was offered a job. Upon acceptance I was given directions to Background Check & Drug Testing facilities & the appropriate paperwork for each. It took approximately 10 days for the Hiring Manager to call me to set up my first Trainjng Day, but I'd gotten an email the DAY BEFORE, welcoming me to the Kroger Family and inviting me to even connect with other employees via their personal Employee Network. In addition, DESPITE not being hired to work in the STORE ITSELF (I'll be in the Pharmacy), Kroger indicated I'll be given BASIC TRAINING ALL EMPLOYEES HAVE, regarding OSHA, POS & other aspects of Kroger functioning AS A TEAM. I LOVE THIS, Kroger CLEARLY has no intention of isolating anyone.

Interview Questions

• Customers are often angrier in the Pharmacy than anywhere else, as insurance and other are as s of conflict arise; how will you handle these? I   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable working independently at a speed that doesn't impair the department operations?   Answer Question

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

Applied online on a Wednesday morning, and got a phone call later that day to schedule an interview for that Friday. Considering the speed that I got called and got the interview, I went in feeling very excited and confident that maybe they really wanted to hire me. The manager that interviewed me was quiet and seemed very bored, like he didn't want to be there. The whole interview only lasted maybe 5 minutes. He only really asked if I was friendly and what my availability was. The following Thursday, I went in to follow up since it was such a short interview... and was told by a different manager who was very nice and assuring that they still had my application and I would hear something by next week. Two days later, Saturday, I got an email that they were going with someone else.

Bagger Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

They are just making sure you can talk to people and find out when you would be able to work. If you have the interview, you can expect the job if you don't have a bad background.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where a customer is upset?   Answer Question