Kroger Interview Questions in Kentucky | Glassdoor

1.7

66 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hebron, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Hebron, KY).

Interview

I was interviewed in a group setting. They asked questions to the group, and if you spoke up and answered the questions you were asked to stick around. Otherwise you were asked to leave.
    The questions were basic i.e. What do you think makes a shopping experience good?

After the group interview they went to one on one interviews. Again it was very easy questions, and they hired on site.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Covington, KY) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online at Kroger for pharmacy technician job. I got first phone screen interview within week after that follow up i got mail for in person interview at Kroger next week

Meat Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kroger (Louisville, KY) in February 2017.

Interview

I was instructed to arrive 10-15 minutes prior to my interview and to let whoever was at the service desk know I had arrived. I was interviewed by the associate manager and the co-manager of HR.

I was asked to tell a little about myself, why I was interested in working for Kroger, and how my past experience prepared me for the position I had applied for.

More difficult questions followed, asking how I would respond in various scenarios that might occur (a team member not pulling their weight or a customer asking for assistance).

At the end I was asked whether or not I had any questions. Afterward, I was given a saliva test (a test for drugs) and signed a consent form authorizing a background check.

Note: Bring your Social Security Card and a valid state ID to play it safe in case they ask for it.

Interview Questions

• Have you or anybody else ever been proud of a customer service experience you provided?   Answer Question

Deli/Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Louisville, KY) in December 2016.

Interview

i applied online, and was called a few days latter. they asked me about myself, my availability, and prior work experience. they then set up a time to meet me in the store. we spoke briefly about times i was available then i filled out a TON of paper work and scheduled time for web based training.

Interview Questions

• What is your previous work experience?
      What hours are you available to work?
      Why should i hire you?   1 Answer

Deli/Bakery Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kroger (Louisville, KY) in November 2016.

Interview

Brief questions. Asked of capabilities and prior experience. Asked me about my education. It was also very laid back and somewhat informal. To be honest they kind of just gave me the job.

Any Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maysville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Maysville, KY) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online for any open positions and got a call back to schedule a phone screening the next day. Answered some basic questions about myself and situational problems. Got a call back a couple days later to schedule a one on one interview in the store the next week. Was promptly offered a position in Drug GM or Deli and chose the former. I filled out the paperwork and left awaiting another phone call about training. Before I could start, I received another call from a different person asking me to take a Courtesy Clerk position instead. I accepted as the pay and hours were virtually identical. I do wish I had stuck with Drug GM but Courtesy Clerk is not a bad place to be.

Interview Questions

• You are busy stocking shelves in your area and a customer stops near you with a question about an item in a different aisle. What do you do?   1 Answer

Deli/Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Georgetown, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Georgetown, KY) in August 2016.

Interview

I arrived early, as they requested, and never saw my interviewer until 20 minutes after my scheduled time. She was very nice at first, but as soon as I was trapped in the office area, she became quite rude. She rolled her eyes at my answers, she would interrupt me or flat out tell me I was wrong on opinion based questions. She did not give me more than 2 seconds to take in the question, hard for somebody who has hearing problems such as myself, and glared at me when I asked for her to read it back a second time to make sure I heard correctly. Not a good interview. I left feeling terrible and dumb.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in August 2016.

Interview

I went in for the interview and they asked pretty simple questions. I basically had the job when I went in for the interview because one of the first things they said was that i had the job

File Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Louisville, KY) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I received a phone call. I was surprised they did a brief interview over the phone about my accomplishments and why I wanted to work with Kroger

Interview Questions

• What is something you accomplished that you are proud of?
      What is your experience in retail?   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Middlesboro, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Middlesboro, KY) in June 2016.

Interview

I actually transferred from another state. But, the way my pre hire went was online application,interview. Drug test & background then, came back in 3 days and started that day all of which took place not even a whole week

Interview Questions

• Would i like to work for kroger? And, they would be glad to have me on board..   1 Answer