Kroger Meat Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kroger Meat Clerk Interview Questions

Updated Mar 6, 2017

1.5

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kroger (Louisville, KY) in February 2017.

Interview

I was instructed to arrive 10-15 minutes prior to my interview and to let whoever was at the service desk know I had arrived. I was interviewed by the associate manager and the co-manager of HR.

I was asked to tell a little about myself, why I was interested in working for Kroger, and how my past experience prepared me for the position I had applied for.

More difficult questions followed, asking how I would respond in various scenarios that might occur (a team member not pulling their weight or a customer asking for assistance).

At the end I was asked whether or not I had any questions. Afterward, I was given a saliva test (a test for drugs) and signed a consent form authorizing a background check.

Note: Bring your Social Security Card and a valid state ID to play it safe in case they ask for it.

Interview Questions

• Have you or anybody else ever been proud of a customer service experience you provided?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kroger

Anonymous Employee in Cookeville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Cookeville, TN) in September 2016.

Interview

I filled out an application then was called the next week for an interview. The questions were very general and quiet easy to answer. I would suggest dressing in business casual clothes; slacks, polo, button up, nice shoes. The interview process was one on one with the head supervisor of the company.

Interview Questions

• When have you gone above and beyond for a customer at your workplace before?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Submitted my application online, and received a call back about a week later to schedule the interview. It was supposed to be a group interview but I was the only one who showed up. Very easy and simple questions.

Anonymous Employee in Brookhaven, DeKalb, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Brookhaven, DeKalb, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

This was my first job interview ever, but the managers are nice here and make you feel comfortable. After you have a one to one interview, they drug test you,make you sign a bunch of papers, and introduce you to your department managers. The actual interview was quick, but the whole process took a long time and you have to do 2 weeks of training (which doesn't help) by going to the corporate office and doing hours and hours of computer lessons and working a little bit at a different store. The other store I worked at was like an hour from me even though I applied and worked at a Kroger literally 2 minutes from my house. Overall it's not worth it at all especially with the training.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Houston, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

Very short interview with 3 other people. Didn't ask any difficult questions m, it was very easy. The interview started with everyone introducing themselves. Then we were required to sell an item to the HR manager. Finally we took our saliva test then we were offered the jobs.

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Louisville, KY) in November 2015.

Interview

Very basic and informal, was offered the position within 10 minutes and accepted. Manager was very down to earth, straight forward, and professional. I normally hate interviews but felt totally relaxed. This is how the interview process should be, with an offer made or not made the same day. They believe in giving everyone a chance and do things the old fashioned way. None of this behavioral based question garbage.

Interview Questions

• 1. What kind of hours are you available?
      2. Why do you want to work for Kroger?
      3. Are you able to work in a cold work area?
      4. Are you open to considering full-time positions in the future if they become available?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Bloomington, IN) in October 2015.

Interview

You first do a very short 3 question phone interview that's not a big deal at all. Then you will go to the store an do an in person interview. That was very laid back and easy going. Only asked about 4 - 5 very basic questions and went over my previous job experience and what my availability was. Then we just filled out paperwork for a drug test and background check.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      What is your availability?
      How would you treat a customer that just walked up to the counter?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Findlay, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kroger (Findlay, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

After applying online, I was contacted within three days and asked to come in after a short conversation on the phone. The interview had a heavy focus on customer service.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel is the most important part of working with customers?   1 Answer

Meat Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kroger in July 2015.

Interview

Got a call after applying. Gave a short phone interview. Went in and did a store I terview a few days later. It seemed like the interview went well, but in the end they didn't hire me. They did not do a drug test on sight and did not schedule me for a second interview. I think they went with other more qualified applicants.

Interview Questions

• Whats one time you weren't compromising with coworkers.   Answer Question

Meat Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger in July 2015.

Interview

first someone called with a phone interview and then explained that there would be an in-person interview. the in-person interview was short and simple and involved only a few questions

Interview Questions

• how long do you plan on working here, whats your availability   Answer Question