Kroger Interview Questions in Michigan | Glassdoor

1.7

91 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier/Bagger Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Rochester, MI).

Interview

Very easy when I applied. If you have availability you basically have the job. You do have to answer a lengthy personality test when applying online. Basically how you answer that will determine if you get an interview.

Courtesy Clerk/Bagger Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Birmingham, MI) in June 2017.

Interview

Kinda lengthy but only bc my name didn't go through the system until a few weeks, Its generally easy, I called, which I recommend you do, and they pulled up my online application and I actually got an interview by the second call that day. I went in to the store, to the break room, answered some questions, and then Got hired on the spot. You then fill out some paper work/sign some, and do an oral drug test. Upon arriving you will fill out out a form asking a few basic questions and the back goes over your work avalibility. Training: 3 days

Day 1- Registration/check in to system...4 Hours of watching ktv videos

Day 2- Interactive computer based training, consists of reading reading reading, quiz reading reading reading Video..ect.....four hours

Day 3- Finish any incomplete work on computer, Sign online forms, get a starter schedule, a uniform and you are now ready to go and start learning the job

I am someone with a bit of anxiety so of course (I had to fake it like I didn't) but don't worry, the job itself is generally easy.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Kroger?
      What do you know about the company? ( I said I shopped there but haven't looked into the history)
      One word to describe you?
      Name a time when you made a decision you knew was wrong but right at the time
      Name me a bad customer Service with Kroger or anyone in general

I believe this was all but I don't remember for sure.   1 Answer

RetailAssociate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Algonac, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Algonac, MI) in June 2017.

Interview

Didn't get very far as the position I wanted had just been filled. They had a fuel clerk position and a courtesy clerk position, neither of which were what I was looking for.

Floral Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Commerce Township, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Commerce Township, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

General conversation centered on customer satisfaction. Really gauged how well you interact with other people. Questions focused on any experiences had helping customers in difficult situations. Thorough on job responsibility and allowed a chance to speak with a current employee in the department.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were able to make a difficult customer happy.   Answer Question

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomfield Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Bloomfield Hills, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online, they got back with an email and gave me a phone number to call, the phone interview was very easy and short and they schedule you to an in-store interview

ECommerce Click List Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davison, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Davison, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and 3 days later I got an email regarding my application. I had to call for a phone interview within 2 days after receiving the email. Phone interview was about 10 minutes long with standard interview questions. At the end of the phone interview we set up another interview at the store I applied to. The 2nd interview was quite short as well with similar questions to the phone interview. Overall it was a good experience the woman interviewing me was very friendly. Disappointed that I was not offered the job.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Novi, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

An hour long interview with a panel of two HR reps. They wanted me to answer my questions in B.A.R form (background, action, results) and it was all based on previous work experiences instead of future situational decisions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had a coworker/employee disagree with you and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kroger (Roseville, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online and few days later was called for a phone interview. Was asked three behavioral questions. Was told I could move forward for a in store interview two days later. My in store interview I met the pharmacists manager and then a recruiter. Was asked about 10 behavioral questions about customer service.

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grosse Pointe Woods, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kroger (Grosse Pointe Woods, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview was quick know hard questions at all, the interview was about 30 minutes long with the drug test it was open interviews or on the spot hiring. The interviewer was very nice got hired the some day YES!!!

Interview Questions

• Can you work on the weekends .   1 Answer
    • Are there any days you can't work .   1 Answer
    • Can you pass a drug test today.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Don't use drugs a plus an be yourself.

Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ypsilanti, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Ypsilanti, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview was asked online and i did all the questions i hope i get hired cause i am looking forward to working this year and making money for me and my grandma