Kroger Overnight Stocker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 30, 2017

1.6

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, WV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Charleston, WV) in May 2017.

Interview

Was called in for an interview after a brief phone conversation asking basically my intentions and how I can help with the job. I arrived at the customer service who atleast told me to stay there but felt a condescending mood for reasons I do not understand. Once the interviewer arrived I headed to the interview room and I was asked more questions about how I could help and had the job explained to me. I was told I received the job. We planned to have me return the next day to start the job. I called and told her I could not make it the next morning an hour in advance. This was fine. We rescheduled for Thursday. Unforuteunly due to a series of unfortunate events I was not able to attentend yet again. This is rare for me. I called to tell the lady I had been dealing with I would not be able to attend and hoped for a reschedule. Once I called customer service to convey this and make a deal they told me the manager was not in and they were extremely abrupt and unaccomidating. No offer to take a message to relay to her.This led me to not being able to contact her that day. The next day I gave her a call again to ask when I should come in to begin. (keep in mind this is all within the same week). I was finally able to reach someone who when answered claimed to be the manager. I was told I had not called (though I had) and was told that's a big problem. I was given no chance for presenting the truth. Then I was told so the posistion may have been filled and "maybe" she will give me a call tommrow to let me know . I do not like my character misconstrued so I called back the store and again reached someone who claimed to be the women I was supposed to be dealing with though I was just told she was not there and informed that yes I had called. She claimed not to be the manager so I asked her to please take note of this and she said she would pass it along. I never received a call. I feel as if I was played with and the manager could not just tell me she filled the posistion. Honestly would have been nice instead of leaving me hanging with no word on the job when I have bills to pay. This is a huge problem that needs to be fixed. I am profoundly disappointed with the dishonesty disrespect and disregard as a human being as I am a very respectful human being was very appreciative of the opportunity and communicated such to her. I have never received this attitude of disrespect and feeling of belittling at any other place of work that I have attended. I sincerely hope no one has to go through what I have gone through in this. I'm not one to post reviews but if I can help someone avoid this and what they put me through then I will feel my true job has been accomplished in this situation.

Interview Questions

• Example of what you do to contribute to a group
    Hours of availability
    Future plans   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kroger

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Richmond, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

It was a basic interview. Nothing too difficult. Was given a drug test - mouth swab- and filled out paperwork for a background check. Was told I had the job and they would call me with training information. Took a couple of weeks to actually hear back from them and schedule training.

Anonymous Employee in Springboro, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Springboro, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very professional and organized. They just ask you simple questions about your self and customers. It was very easy and common sense. My advice to other applicants for interviews is just be your self, answer the questions honestly and how you would handle them, and just be your self no need to be nervous and you will be just fine.

Interview Questions

• If there was an upset customer what would you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate but i would recommend others if they had an offer that they liked then i would take it but if the didn't try to talk and make an agreement suitable for both parties.

Anonymous Employee in North Zanesville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kroger (North Zanesville, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was as simple as it could be just the typical questions you would find at any interview. Not sure what else to type because of the 50 word minimum so good luck if your a person of color wanting to work at the North Zanesville Kroger store

Interview Questions

• They didnt ask much of anything   1 Answer

Overnight Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

After filling out the application, there was a short phone interview with corporate, then they set up an interview time at the store I applied to. She gave me the name of the manager that my interview was with, and wished me luck. At the in-person interview, it was a group interview (as in there was more than one interviewee present) and two managers asked several critical thinking questions, after that, I was given a cheek swab drug test and sent on my way.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to work with someone you didn't like.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

Quick, about 20 minutes. They had open interviews and asked where I worked and what job I was looking into. They signed me on right away as they did everyone who came in and looked like they wanted to join. They did a saliva drug test and sent me on my way.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kroger (Shreveport, LA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email asking to come in on a Saturday, it was a long wait as they were interviewing groups. My interview group had around 15 people.

Interview Questions

• Asked to introduce ourselves, say what type of work(full time or part time) and what position we wanted. And asked if we were ever going to looking for advancement.   Answer Question

Overnight Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

I took the survey online and a week later was asked to come in for a formal interview. I came in looking very professional and handled myself well and thought I nailed the interview but was not offered the position. I was disappointed that I was not offered and am still unsure why the position was not offered to me.

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Marietta, GA).

Interview

The process is different today than when I was hired 14yrs ago. Today the process starts online. No paper applications. Not as much initial influence a the store level. The application is reviewed outside of the local stores. Initial phone interviews and background checks are done centrally off site. Once those are passed applicants go to the store they are destined for to take a drug test which takes a few days for the results. Everyone in the hiring process has to take one. They are told about the store and the nature of retail grocery sales and asked about possible prior experience to align them with a particular department that may be in need of more help.

Interview Questions

• Do you have prior grocery or food service experience?
      Have you ever cashiered before?
      Have you ever worked in retail sales before?
      What are you hours/days of availability?
      Do you have any physical and/or medical limitations? ie Can't lift heavy objects. Can't over exert yourself due to a condition.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I spoke with the grocery manager and he laid out the lay of the land as to the hours the night stock crew worked and expectations. Kroger is under contract with several unions despite the fact that Georgia is a right to work state. The Contracts determine entry level pay, pay increases, seniority, vacation requests etc. The Grocery Contract is different than Meat/Seafood and Pharmacy. Check with different departments before you apply to see who needs staff and what their entry level pay starts at.

Anonymous Employee in Shelbyville, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Shelbyville, KY) in November 2015.

Interview

Pretty informal. Asked a few random questions that do not really have any right or wrong answers. Applied online and received a call from a recruited within a few days. Interview wasn't necessarily informal, but it was pretty easy going.

Interview Questions

• If you saw a customer that appeared to be looking for something, and there was a piece of paper laying on the ground, what would you do?   1 Answer