Kroger Overnight Stocker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kroger Overnight Stocker Interview Questions

Updated Jan 18, 2017

1.6

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Richmond, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

It was a basic interview. Nothing too difficult. Was given a drug test - mouth swab- and filled out paperwork for a background check. Was told I had the job and they would call me with training information. Took a couple of weeks to actually hear back from them and schedule training.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kroger

Anonymous Employee in Springboro, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Springboro, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very professional and organized. They just ask you simple questions about your self and customers. It was very easy and common sense. My advice to other applicants for interviews is just be your self, answer the questions honestly and how you would handle them, and just be your self no need to be nervous and you will be just fine.

Interview Questions

• If there was an upset customer what would you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate but i would recommend others if they had an offer that they liked then i would take it but if the didn't try to talk and make an agreement suitable for both parties.

Overnight Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

After filling out the application, there was a short phone interview with corporate, then they set up an interview time at the store I applied to. She gave me the name of the manager that my interview was with, and wished me luck. At the in-person interview, it was a group interview (as in there was more than one interviewee present) and two managers asked several critical thinking questions, after that, I was given a cheek swab drug test and sent on my way.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to work with someone you didn't like.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

Quick, about 20 minutes. They had open interviews and asked where I worked and what job I was looking into. They signed me on right away as they did everyone who came in and looked like they wanted to join. They did a saliva drug test and sent me on my way.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kroger (Shreveport, LA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email asking to come in on a Saturday, it was a long wait as they were interviewing groups. My interview group had around 15 people.

Interview Questions

• Asked to introduce ourselves, say what type of work(full time or part time) and what position we wanted. And asked if we were ever going to looking for advancement.   Answer Question

Overnight Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

I took the survey online and a week later was asked to come in for a formal interview. I came in looking very professional and handled myself well and thought I nailed the interview but was not offered the position. I was disappointed that I was not offered and am still unsure why the position was not offered to me.

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Marietta, GA).

Interview

The process is different today than when I was hired 14yrs ago. Today the process starts online. No paper applications. Not as much initial influence a the store level. The application is reviewed outside of the local stores. Initial phone interviews and background checks are done centrally off site. Once those are passed applicants go to the store they are destined for to take a drug test which takes a few days for the results. Everyone in the hiring process has to take one. They are told about the store and the nature of retail grocery sales and asked about possible prior experience to align them with a particular department that may be in need of more help.

Interview Questions

• Do you have prior grocery or food service experience?
      Have you ever cashiered before?
      Have you ever worked in retail sales before?
      What are you hours/days of availability?
      Do you have any physical and/or medical limitations? ie Can't lift heavy objects. Can't over exert yourself due to a condition.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

I spoke with the grocery manager and he laid out the lay of the land as to the hours the night stock crew worked and expectations. Kroger is under contract with several unions despite the fact that Georgia is a right to work state. The Contracts determine entry level pay, pay increases, seniority, vacation requests etc. The Grocery Contract is different than Meat/Seafood and Pharmacy. Check with different departments before you apply to see who needs staff and what their entry level pay starts at.

Anonymous Employee in Shelbyville, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Shelbyville, KY) in November 2015.

Interview

Pretty informal. Asked a few random questions that do not really have any right or wrong answers. Applied online and received a call from a recruited within a few days. Interview wasn't necessarily informal, but it was pretty easy going.

Interview Questions

• If you saw a customer that appeared to be looking for something, and there was a piece of paper laying on the ground, what would you do?   1 Answer

Overnight Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

Typical interview process and asking of very basic questions such as are you willing to work overnights and do you have transportation to work...very elementary. During orientation they try and make you join the union. Don't Do It!

Interview Questions

• How would you help a rude customer?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Atlanta, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

Straight forward interview. Tell me about yourself. Management tell you a little about the job and if he or she likes you, you move forward to the next step, which is drug test, background check, and lots of paper work.