Kroger Pharmacy Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017

1.8

50 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

The interview process was not bad. Interviewed a general store manager and met the pharmacy staff on a tour of the store. Everyone on staff that day was extremely friendly. I loved Kroger right off of the bat.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was simply explaining past work experience I had that could be applied to the pharmacy.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kroger

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Interview

They contacted on via email to call with in 48 hours. I called them and the lady on the telephone asked me few questions and we set in person interveiw. The annoying part was as I reached one of their store in Phoenix, one HR staff greeted me and took me to a small disorganized office. It seems as if you are experiencing the worst part of fry's (they claim they are the cleanest store in AZ). Then the lady told me that the other person to interveiw me is on vacation. She said she can conduct the interveiw by her own and started asking few questions and then immediately changed her mind and she has no pharmacy questions at hand. Finally she said I am OK and she is comfortable I can di the job but she added I need to comeback in few days and she will interveiw me with the pharmacy manager. She never called. After one week I got an email saying I didn't get the job. It was annoying!!!

Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Athens, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

I was sat in the consultation room of the pharmacy and interviewed with the pharmacist. It was a standard one on one interview. I introduced myself to the technician at the counter and asked to speak with the pharmacist that I had an interview with. It took no longer than 30-45 minutes. I got offered a job immediately.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?
      Why do you want to work here?
      Describe a situation where you were inconvenienced for a customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Covington, KY) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online at Kroger for pharmacy technician job. I got first phone screen interview within week after that follow up i got mail for in person interview at Kroger next week

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kroger (Shreveport, LA) in April 2017.

Interview

Long Hire process, was called a month later for drug test , and got called back a month later stating I was hired but didn't accept job opportunity due to pay starting 8.60/hr and plus i got a better job opportunity. You would think pay would be more than a cashier/stocker position but its sadly the same. & when you get certified they move your pay up only 2.50-3.00. Its way way way more better opportunities out there for us pharmacy technicians than this chunk change.

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, OH

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kroger (Franklin, OH).

Interview

Applied online on a weekday morning; recruiter called win 4 HOURS. After setting up interview 3 days out, the recruiter emailed an interview confirmation before ending our call, an Interview REMINDER the DAY BEFORE & by 6am the DAY OF, ALL reiterating what my responsibilities were (ie, Dress, identification, Early Arrival etc). While MANY might perceive this as heavy-handed, I experienced a sense of DESIRE to meet me, which boosted my confidence. The interview itself was within easy proximity to the Customer Service desk, and in the Employee Computer Trainjng Room. After critical questions were asked (see below), I was offered a job. Upon acceptance I was given directions to Background Check & Drug Testing facilities & the appropriate paperwork for each. It took approximately 10 days for the Hiring Manager to call me to set up my first Trainjng Day, but I'd gotten an email the DAY BEFORE, welcoming me to the Kroger Family and inviting me to even connect with other employees via their personal Employee Network. In addition, DESPITE not being hired to work in the STORE ITSELF (I'll be in the Pharmacy), Kroger indicated I'll be given BASIC TRAINING ALL EMPLOYEES HAVE, regarding OSHA, POS & other aspects of Kroger functioning AS A TEAM. I LOVE THIS, Kroger CLEARLY has no intention of isolating anyone.

Interview Questions

• Customers are often angrier in the Pharmacy than anywhere else, as insurance and other are as s of conflict arise; how will you handle these? I   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable working independently at a speed that doesn't impair the department operations?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Lawrenceville, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

I arrived 15 minutes early and met briefly with the store manager who directed me to the pharmacist. The interview was held in the side room where vaccinations are given. After the interview questions, she asked me to take a short skills test.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if their were a lot of people asking for help at once?
      What are you studying?
      Why do you want to be a Pharmacist?
      What is a time that you have experienced good customer service?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Plano, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview with pharmacist. The pharmacist asked if I had questions, but he hardly had any questions for me. In the end, he did most of the talking and I felt that I had no chance to represent my self as common interview questions were not asked.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online received call next day conducting phone interview basic customer service questions. Then scheduled personal interview with HR manager at the store and the pharmacy manager. Questions based on online assessment you take when applying

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay not negotiable

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (New York, NY).

Interview

Easy, friendly, honest about my hours and pay upfront. No "typical" questions and just explained the position and what to brush up on. Short interview with the pharmacy manager and then went on for background/drug test two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability? How much are you getting paid at your other job?   Answer Question