Kroger Pharmacy Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kroger Pharmacy Technician Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2017

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, OH

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kroger (Franklin, OH).

Interview

Applied online on a weekday morning; recruiter called win 4 HOURS. After setting up interview 3 days out, the recruiter emailed an interview confirmation before ending our call, an Interview REMINDER the DAY BEFORE & by 6am the DAY OF, ALL reiterating what my responsibilities were (ie, Dress, identification, Early Arrival etc). While MANY might perceive this as heavy-handed, I experienced a sense of DESIRE to meet me, which boosted my confidence. The interview itself was within easy proximity to the Customer Service desk, and in the Employee Computer Trainjng Room. After critical questions were asked (see below), I was offered a job. Upon acceptance I was given directions to Background Check & Drug Testing facilities & the appropriate paperwork for each. It took approximately 10 days for the Hiring Manager to call me to set up my first Trainjng Day, but I'd gotten an email the DAY BEFORE, welcoming me to the Kroger Family and inviting me to even connect with other employees via their personal Employee Network. In addition, DESPITE not being hired to work in the STORE ITSELF (I'll be in the Pharmacy), Kroger indicated I'll be given BASIC TRAINING ALL EMPLOYEES HAVE, regarding OSHA, POS & other aspects of Kroger functioning AS A TEAM. I LOVE THIS, Kroger CLEARLY has no intention of isolating anyone.

Interview Questions

• Customers are often angrier in the Pharmacy than anywhere else, as insurance and other are as s of conflict arise; how will you handle these? I   Answer Question
  • Are you comfortable working independently at a speed that doesn't impair the department operations?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kroger

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Plano, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview with pharmacist. The pharmacist asked if I had questions, but he hardly had any questions for me. In the end, he did most of the talking and I felt that I had no chance to represent my self as common interview questions were not asked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Lawrenceville, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

I arrived 15 minutes early and met briefly with the store manager who directed me to the pharmacist. The interview was held in the side room where vaccinations are given. After the interview questions, she asked me to take a short skills test.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if their were a lot of people asking for help at once?
      What are you studying?
      Why do you want to be a Pharmacist?
      What is a time that you have experienced good customer service?
      1 Answer

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online received call next day conducting phone interview basic customer service questions. Then scheduled personal interview with HR manager at the store and the pharmacy manager. Questions based on online assessment you take when applying

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay not negotiable

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (New York, NY).

Interview

Easy, friendly, honest about my hours and pay upfront. No "typical" questions and just explained the position and what to brush up on. Short interview with the pharmacy manager and then went on for background/drug test two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability? How much are you getting paid at your other job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond Hill, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kroger (Richmond Hill, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and 2 days later I got a call from their recruiting division and set up a time for an interview. I received an email immediately after with the name of the interviewer and the address. On the day of, my interview was with the pharmacist and we went to the break room for the interview. People were walking in and out of the room awkwardly as we conducted the interview.

The pharmacist was really nice but he did not have any information as to my resume or previous working experience so we really just talked about what my resume would have said. He also said that there were three more interviews he had to conduct before they made a final decision and he would give me a call back.

The next day I got a call back from the HR department at the Kroger location and she offered me the position. Although I applied for full time, she said the position offered was part time for 7.25 an hour with about 12-28 hours. I declined the offer because the pay was way too low for someone with the amount of experience I had.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Columbia, SC) in November 2016.

Interview

Submit resume and application via website. Corporate calls and arranges time for interview and follows up with an email. You show up, no regard by interviewer as to the time they arranged so had to go back. They are part of the union. Then they offer $8 an hour, 3 to $4 less than industry standard an hour. No thank you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What kind of experience do you have?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dickson, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Dickson, TN).

Interview

Only one question was asked. I was immediately hired. I was excited I got the job, but should've seen that this was a hint of how unprofessional the store was as a whole. Following the hiring process, I had to do a drug test and a background check. No skills were checked, No tests were administered, etc.

Interview Questions

• What was your availability?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Roswell, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kroger (Roswell, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

I was asked about my availability and if I had any other jobs. There were none of the expected interview questions. The interviewer asked me more personal questions like what I studied in college etc.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Plano, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I was called over the phone about my application. They asked a few questions about my interest in the job. And then we scheduled a one on one interview. I was emailed all the information for it. But a few days prior to having the interview, I was told they hired someone else.