Kronos Incorporated Interview Questions in Chelmsford, MA | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 21, 2016

2.6

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Kronos Incorporated (Chelmsford, MA).

Interview

Process consisted of a phone screen with an internal recruiter followed by a phone screen with the hiring manager, and then a full afternoon of in-person interviews with the hiring manager and other group leadership. Everything was very well-coordinated and each person I met/spoke with was engaging and informative. Culture and fit are equally as important as experience.

DR Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kronos Incorporated (Chelmsford, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

4 Phone interviews, 2 face to face (Manager & Director). Phone interviews were with Talent Acquisition personnel, then Manager & Director. Face to Face followed a week later. Overall process was good, very good impression of company, very organized.

Interview Questions

• Did I mind being an individual contributor vs. Team Lead or Manager   1 Answer

Negotiation

State up front your salary requirements

Front-End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kronos Incorporated (Chelmsford, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

I had applied to Kronos a couple years prior to my most recent encounter with them. I had submitted my resume through their site for an open front-end developer position. It was ignored for several weeks. In the meantime I got a job somewhere else. I finally received confirmation that my resume had been reviews a few weeks into my employment at this other company. I respectfully declined the request for a phone screen interview.

Fast forward 2+ years, and an outside recruiter reaches out to me regarding an opportunity at Kronos. remembering my previous dealings, or lack there of with Kronos, I ignore the email. The tenacious recruiter repeatedly emails me telling me how great a fit I would be for the position for 2 weeks until I finally reply. The outside recruiter is very attentive, gets my resume directly in front of the hiring manager in a timely manner, and gets me a phone screen within a week. Within minutes of my phone screen interview, the external recruiter calls me and tells me the hiring manager wants an in-person. I sit in awe of the streamlined process thus far.

It was too good to be true, however. An INTERNAL recruiter returns from vacation and receives word of the progress of my potential employment with Kronos and begins a process of slowly dismantling the efficiency of the external recruiter. First the internal recruiter sends notice to the external recruiter that because my 2 year old resume is in their system, Kronos will refuse to pay any recruitment fee. So now I am out my responsive, professional third-party arbitrator.

Then the internal recruiter sets up the in-person that may have already been scheduled if not for the messy change in hands. Multiple clerical errors happen, resulting in my in-person being scheduled, then re-scheduled. Blame is passed by the internal recruiting manager to their underlings for the clerical errors.

Finally I arrive at Kronos on the day of my in-person interview. Within the first 15 minutes, I become aware that every single one of the 5 people scheduled to interview me has a 2+ year old copy of my resume in front of them, which is missing my most relevant work experience as it relates to the position I applied for. I spend most of my 3 hour interview redundantly clarifying that I do have relevant experience to each engineer and manager I interview with.

After 3+ hours I am exhausted and uncertain that things went well. The next day I expect to hear some sort of status from the internal recruiter about how things went. Nothing. The next day, nothing. Third day I email a polite query for follow up info from the interview. The internal recruiter says the hiring manager needs more time to make a decision, and says they have other openings they can share if I am interested. I relay my interest, I get no more information in reply. I also never hear back about the hiring manager's decision. I shrug my shoulders with an internal "oh well", and move on.

But it gets better. Weeks later, I get an email from a DIFFERENT internal recruiter about one of the other positions the first internal recruiter must have been talking about. They pulled my resume, hopefully the updated one I supplied the first recruiter after sitting through the 3 hours of getting their team up to speed the first time, and think I am a great fit for another opening. I am cautiously optimistic at this point, but agree to a phone screen.

Internal recruiter #2 schedules a phone screen for the next day at 2:00. Around 11:00 the next day, I get a call from internal recruiter #2 that the hiring manager has an emergency and that my phone screen needs to be rescheduled for the following week. I say "cool, does next Tuesday work?". Internal recruiter #2 says "Sure, 2:00 next Tueday". I get no confirmation of this rescheduled phone screen. Tuesday rolls around. No call at 2.

It should be clear at this point that Kronos' internal recruiting is dysfunctional to say the least. From the slow turnaround on my initial submission of my resume 2 years ago, to the shortsighted dismissal of the on-the-ball external recruiter, to scheduling issues, to lack of attention to detail in setting up in person interviews, to pulling my old resume when the external recruiter had supplied my latest, I have no choice but to ignore any future inquiries from external or internal recruiters trying to match me up with Kronos. Its been a frustrating, awkward, waste of time.

Interview Questions

• On the white board, write an algorithm in the language of your choosing to sort a deck of cards.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kronos Incorporated (Chelmsford, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online through Indeed.com. Didn't hear back for several weeks, but the interview/hiring process was within 2 weeks maximum. Had 2 interviews, one with a recruiter, and the other with, who would become, my immediate manager. The recruiter was there consistently answering my questions and giving me advice!

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a project you were asked to do that did not come out as planned?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kronos Incorporated (Chelmsford, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

It was very straight-forward. I actually applied to 2 positions based on my college recruiter's recommendation. In both I interviewed with 2-3 employees who would be on my time, and who ended up being my direct managers. Straight-forward questions with just a few questions about how comfortable I was with certain skills.

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kronos Incorporated (Chelmsford, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

15 minute phone screen, then hour Skype interview since I was out of town. Everyone was friendly and made me feel comfortable. Questions were fair, not too tough. Process was fairly quick, I heard back within 2 weeks of the first interview.

Interview Questions

• Talk about an experience that put you out of your comfort zone, why are you glad you decided to do that?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kronos Incorporated (Chelmsford, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

I was in college at the time so I had my interview over the phone. Simple questions about what I knew about Kronos. What did I know about my position. If I was proffecient in excel. Nothing outisde the ordinary. The interviewer was very polite and interested in what I had to say.

Human Resource Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kronos Incorporated (Chelmsford, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

First round was a phone interview
    Second round was in person in the Chelmsford HQ. Met with 3 different individuals whom I would possibly working with/for. Asked questions about my experience and background, and why I want to get involved with the field.

Technical Support Knowledge Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kronos Incorporated (Chelmsford, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

Multiple over the phone interviews and in person interviews. It was over the holidays, but everyone was still very responsive. The HR department was great about communicating any delays and offers. I spoke with the manager of the team I was applying to join and the team lead via phone. I met with the manager, team lead and the other analyst I would be joining for in person interviews on the Chelmsford campus.

A test was given on basic computer and writing skills.

Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kronos Incorporated (Chelmsford, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

I did applied the position through their web site. I did got a response to schedule the phone call with HR. She never called. I did emailed couple of the times but no response. This is the 2nd time . i did applied last year also, same thing happened. If the position is already filled they should at least inform the candidate. so rude..