Kronos Incorporated Interview Questions in Chelmsford, MA | Glassdoor

2.6

46 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kronos Incorporated (Chelmsford, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

Received email from HR Recruiter for phone screen interview. Recruiter begins explaining location of company , position available in the company. Then asked to talk about the resume. Having experience more than 7 years in development from working with designers, developers and Clients. Recruiter doesn't convince for fit for job and suggest you to look for entry level position. Which seems to me like either they not interested and contacted you by mistake. Applied for the company by reading reviews on glassdoor and researching their products and what they do seems to be interesting company. Good luck Others hope this helps you. Make sure that you convince your Recruiter that your experience matters and don't let them tell you to look for entry level job.

Interview Questions

• They Asks you about your resume, what skills you have, pretty much basic resume related questions.   1 Answer

Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kronos Incorporated (Chelmsford, MA).

Interview

The worst possible process you could imagine! After a 2+ month long drawn confusing process, the feedback is "extremely positive" but.... they cancelled the position because of "scheduling and budgeting reasons", aka management has no clue about their budget during this whole charade. The hiring team had no idea on who I should meet with as they kept scheduling meetings with random folks during this period after having said that there will be no further interview rounds. A complete waste of my time.
    Really surprised at the number of glowing reviews in here if they all actually had to deal with this recruitment process.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kronos Incorporated (Chelmsford, MA).

Interview

Phone screen with HR, personality test (Predictive Index), two phone interviews, on-site half-day interview including presentation, reference check. Final interview step was dinner. The whole process was tough but very positive. Great communication from Kronos HR and the hiring manager.

Business Analyst - Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kronos Incorporated (Chelmsford, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

I got an email said they want to talk to me further via phone about my qualification and more detail about the position. One guy called me about 9:30 and asked my experience and questions about the position. The person who talked to me was friendly and patient. After all the questions, the guy told me he will talk to a manager either at the end of the week or next week. I emailed them today but haven't got response yet.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position? What kind of skills do you have in terms of this position?   Answer Question

Big Data Strategic Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Kronos Incorporated (Chelmsford, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

phone interview with talent acquisition (+ online personality test) followed by a phone interview with the senior member of the team followed by an afternoon of interviews with the director, senior team member, and other team members. One unfortunate moment was when the director asked me if I knew the difference between a balance sheet and an income statement. I provided the correct answer, stating that a balance sheet was a stock and the income statement was a flow. He responded by saying that I was incorrect and that the income statement was a "snapshot in time." Anyone with a semester or two of finance work would know that he was wrong. Just one example of how a lot of things have to go right for someone to land a job! Other than that, it was a good interview (straightforward). The director and the team members were very pleasant and easy to get along with.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Kronos Incorporated (Chelmsford, MA).

Interview

Process consisted of a phone screen with an internal recruiter followed by a phone screen with the hiring manager, and then a full afternoon of in-person interviews with the hiring manager and other group leadership. Everything was very well-coordinated and each person I met/spoke with was engaging and informative. Culture and fit are equally as important as experience.

DR Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kronos Incorporated (Chelmsford, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

4 Phone interviews, 2 face to face (Manager & Director). Phone interviews were with Talent Acquisition personnel, then Manager & Director. Face to Face followed a week later. Overall process was good, very good impression of company, very organized.

Interview Questions

• Did I mind being an individual contributor vs. Team Lead or Manager   1 Answer

Negotiation

State up front your salary requirements

Front-End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kronos Incorporated (Chelmsford, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

I had applied to Kronos a couple years prior to my most recent encounter with them. I had submitted my resume through their site for an open front-end developer position. It was ignored for several weeks. In the meantime I got a job somewhere else. I finally received confirmation that my resume had been reviews a few weeks into my employment at this other company. I respectfully declined the request for a phone screen interview.

Fast forward 2+ years, and an outside recruiter reaches out to me regarding an opportunity at Kronos. remembering my previous dealings, or lack there of with Kronos, I ignore the email. The tenacious recruiter repeatedly emails me telling me how great a fit I would be for the position for 2 weeks until I finally reply. The outside recruiter is very attentive, gets my resume directly in front of the hiring manager in a timely manner, and gets me a phone screen within a week. Within minutes of my phone screen interview, the external recruiter calls me and tells me the hiring manager wants an in-person. I sit in awe of the streamlined process thus far.

It was too good to be true, however. An INTERNAL recruiter returns from vacation and receives word of the progress of my potential employment with Kronos and begins a process of slowly dismantling the efficiency of the external recruiter. First the internal recruiter sends notice to the external recruiter that because my 2 year old resume is in their system, Kronos will refuse to pay any recruitment fee. So now I am out my responsive, professional third-party arbitrator.

Then the internal recruiter sets up the in-person that may have already been scheduled if not for the messy change in hands. Multiple clerical errors happen, resulting in my in-person being scheduled, then re-scheduled. Blame is passed by the internal recruiting manager to their underlings for the clerical errors.

Finally I arrive at Kronos on the day of my in-person interview. Within the first 15 minutes, I become aware that every single one of the 5 people scheduled to interview me has a 2+ year old copy of my resume in front of them, which is missing my most relevant work experience as it relates to the position I applied for. I spend most of my 3 hour interview redundantly clarifying that I do have relevant experience to each engineer and manager I interview with.

After 3+ hours I am exhausted and uncertain that things went well. The next day I expect to hear some sort of status from the internal recruiter about how things went. Nothing. The next day, nothing. Third day I email a polite query for follow up info from the interview. The internal recruiter says the hiring manager needs more time to make a decision, and says they have other openings they can share if I am interested. I relay my interest, I get no more information in reply. I also never hear back about the hiring manager's decision. I shrug my shoulders with an internal "oh well", and move on.

But it gets better. Weeks later, I get an email from a DIFFERENT internal recruiter about one of the other positions the first internal recruiter must have been talking about. They pulled my resume, hopefully the updated one I supplied the first recruiter after sitting through the 3 hours of getting their team up to speed the first time, and think I am a great fit for another opening. I am cautiously optimistic at this point, but agree to a phone screen.

Internal recruiter #2 schedules a phone screen for the next day at 2:00. Around 11:00 the next day, I get a call from internal recruiter #2 that the hiring manager has an emergency and that my phone screen needs to be rescheduled for the following week. I say "cool, does next Tuesday work?". Internal recruiter #2 says "Sure, 2:00 next Tueday". I get no confirmation of this rescheduled phone screen. Tuesday rolls around. No call at 2.

It should be clear at this point that Kronos' internal recruiting is dysfunctional to say the least. From the slow turnaround on my initial submission of my resume 2 years ago, to the shortsighted dismissal of the on-the-ball external recruiter, to scheduling issues, to lack of attention to detail in setting up in person interviews, to pulling my old resume when the external recruiter had supplied my latest, I have no choice but to ignore any future inquiries from external or internal recruiters trying to match me up with Kronos. Its been a frustrating, awkward, waste of time.

Interview Questions

• On the white board, write an algorithm in the language of your choosing to sort a deck of cards.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Kronos Incorporated (Chelmsford, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

I was approached by the technical recruiter within a week after I applied for the position online. Right on the first email the recruiter mentioned she wants to talk more about the position and I was excited too as the job description matched my profile very much.

I waited and waited and the technical recruiter didn't call. After missing out the call, she then asks to postpone. First, my time is wasted and second the recruiter came up with a made up excuse after an hour. I let it go and we agreed upon another day for the call and she misses it too. This continues for one and a half month and a series of over 15 emails exchanges. After 40 days, the recruiter finally calls and forwards my profile to Hiring Manager and he didn't call either which cost me another 2 weeks.

Extreme unprofessional behavior from the recruiting team. Will never work for this company in my life. And I mean it.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kronos Incorporated (Chelmsford, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online through Indeed.com. Didn't hear back for several weeks, but the interview/hiring process was within 2 weeks maximum. Had 2 interviews, one with a recruiter, and the other with, who would become, my immediate manager. The recruiter was there consistently answering my questions and giving me advice!

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a project you were asked to do that did not come out as planned?   Answer Question