Kudelski Interview Questions | Glassdoor

0.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kudelski

Candidate Interview Review

Security Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kudelski in October 2015.

Interview

First round : Interview with an HR, common questions about motivations, SWOT, etc.. Then another one with a manager, explaining the working environment and constraints regarding the position (irregular hours, etc).

I then got an email from the HR telling me the first round was ok, and he was feeling confident about the next and second one, he kind of rushed me to do the interview the day after, so "we can sign quickly".

Second round : general information about the position, this time with a Team Leader, he asked me about my salary expectations etc.. Nothing special. Then I met a senior security analyst for technical questions, it was all about Linux commands, network protocols, malware analysis (very basic), and what my hobbies were. It went well. Finally I got the last one with the VP of KS, he asked me some more questions about my motivations, etc. At the end he told me there were some more candidates to interview so I may get a feedback after ~2-3 weeks.

More than 2 months later, no news, and they hired two people to fill the positions.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between DROP and REJECT rules on a firewall?   Answer Question
    • What does the Linux command "tail -f" does?   Answer Question
    • Give me some evasion techniques used by malwares.   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between TROJAN and VIRUS?   Answer Question
    • What does the Linux command "w" do?   Answer Question
    • How would you analyze a PC for viruses?   Answer Question
    • What is IOC (indicators of compromise) and give me some examples?   Answer Question
    • What is a botnet?   Answer Question
    • How would you check if a file is a known malware, without sharing the actual binary?   Answer Question
    • Is it enough to rely on a "simple hash"? (Related to question 9). What else could you do to be more reliable?   Answer Question
    • Have you heard or read details about any vulnerabilities of these recent years/months?   Answer Question
    • Give me a common software vulnerability, and explain me how do yo avoid it.   Answer Question
    • Have you ever use any vulnerability scanners? Which ones? What was the context?   Answer Question
    • If you have found a large set of vulnerabilities during a scan, what/how would you present to the customer (business people)?   Answer Question