Kulicke and Soffa Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kulicke and Soffa Interview Questions

Updated Jul 5, 2017

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kulicke and Soffa.

Interview

Interviewer came across as condescending and disrespectful. He kept treating me like I was stupid when I attempted to answer his questions about programming. When I asked him a question, he raised his voice in a mocking tone "Well it's obvious you don't know anything about programming".

In all my interviews so far, this interviewer was definitely one of the most disrespectful ones I've had. Nearly all the other interviewers would at least politely ask me to clarify if they didn't understand my explanation, or patiently explain how I got a question wrong.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kulicke and Soffa.

Interview

3 Step process
    1)HR screening
    2)Hiring Manager Screening
    3)Onsite with 4 engineers

The engineers on-site were very knowledgeable, asked real world engineering problems, technical skills were assessed very accurately, tour of the company was done.

Interview Questions

• For phone interview HR questions were just the regular ones.
      For phone interview with manager, the interview questions were mostly based on engineering resume and past work experience
      For onsite interview, real world mechanical engineering problems were shown, probable solutions were asked in addition to step 2   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kulicke and Soffa in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process;
    1st, HR phone interview
    2nd Hiring Manager phone interview,
    3rd, Panel on-site interview-- one day or half day long, they will cover every cost
    Then, background check
    The whole process is very professional and they showed great care to the candidate

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Washington, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kulicke and Soffa (Fort Washington, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

Multiple phone screen interviews followed by a face-to-face interview with the company personnel in Fort Washington, PA. Met with multiple engineering managers and engineers in a one-on-one format. Many questions on solve a problem format using engineering knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Specific engineering equations from a multitude of fields. vibration, controls, stress, electrical, etc...   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kulicke and Soffa (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

University Reference, received a mail form HOD they are looking for C++ robotics. Applied as soon as possible as it fits my interest and skills.

Well, I must say this is one of the only positive interview experiences among many interviews I had. I dont know if they will offer me or I will accept the offer even if they offered me so.. it is totally unbiased experience.

First of all, folks who wanna join em, be sure you are committed, coz what they do is the best in their domain. So checking back stuffs not only hamper your options but also waste company resources which they pour on you selflessly.

Initial, HR rep was VERY PROFESSION, I mean, heavier than Google HR rep.. atleast for me. So discipline check.. She did kinda rough screening and went to next..which is conf call with folks from there.. Not one on one but all on one..

If you get them impressed, then you know they are serious now... how? They will spend a tons of $$ to arrange best of the travel and accommodation, For me... Limo ride + Top Hotel + Air (To and Fro). Not even kidding.. Amazon and big company does that we all know but it is the K&S way.

But the best part is the interview day itself. Like everyone mentioned, lab visit is best part.. I would say.. Kinda yea or no.. coz I am a hardcore techie.. and what came after the lab visit is more intersting to me than Lab Visit.... However Lab Visit is pretty much merry go around for most folks and get laid immediately... For me.. their Global head did that lab visit.. so think about courtesy and humbleness...

Next is actual Interview, its basically 4 vs 1 for me.. so senior product developer / principle engineers gangs on you (if you think that way). but if you are a wolf, you will beat the heck of each one of em.. Not saying I was wolf, but the kinda question is not you will get while you mug leetcode / geekforgeeks. So if you re not strong you get raped by em while global head watch you how you react .

Folks were not sure researchers or what but if you get lost by confusing question, another folk help you navigate and sometimes even defend you if they felt the question was wrongly framed. That like 2 hours or so.. but went like minutes for me.. till everyone was like okie and handshake..

After that the worst experience of all this process is that 45 mins, hand written excercise. For me the discussion interview has cover more than enough that written excerise was so boring that I wanna leave it in between.. so didn't do any serious stuffs there..

The lady (HR) who was too professional initially is kinda friend and she picked and dropped me from the hotel itself.

So, overall, I would say, people will be happy by being with em.. even after they join there it seems coz most of em are very positive.

Interview Questions

• Multithreading / OOPS designs issue why / how / Some puzzle varies absolutely for nonsense like find log 4231 to convex hall and even on philosophical question, LOL..   1 Answer

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kulicke and Soffa.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral in May 2016.

Received call from HR within a week. The entire process took 3 weeks.

HR and Technical Phone screening, Onsite interview.

Onsite interview was conducted by managers and directors including technical and personality skills related questions.

Advanced Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kulicke and Soffa (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

1st round, hr interview: behavior question, resume screen
    2nd round, hiring manager interview: resume screen, basic mechanical question
    3rd round, onsite interview: test(basic calculation of mechanics) and problem solving (vibration)
    The HR is very slow, you'd better ask them and follow up often, I follow up three time until I get onsite opportunity at the end. And they reject me one month after onsite interview, you should be very patient when applying this company.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kulicke and Soffa in February 2016.

Interview

Recruiter phone screen after submit resume online. recruiter verify background and asked detailed description of project related to the job. Asked salary expectation as well.

After a week received a rejection from the recruiter: the hiring manager were satisfied with technical background but cannot offer salary you were asking, they decided the job was not for you.

One of the least non-technical interview process ever experienced. The essence of the hiring process was guessing of salary. The company culture is nothing but salary.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Washington, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kulicke and Soffa (Fort Washington, PA).

Interview

Short phone screen, and the onsite interview wasn't particularly hard or long. Was quizzed on a few topics by a bunch of engineers during a 'group' interview. There was also a walk of their lab, showing the machines they're working on, and describing the basics of their architecture

Interview Questions

• Experience with OO, and other questions about my experience with different programming languages   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kulicke and Soffa (Santa Ana, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

First there were questions asked by the 2 of the engineers there. Most of the questions were about the experience on my resume and my applicable skills. They were both plenty friendly and happy to answer questions as well. Then they gave a brief walking tour of the facility and explained the machines and tasks that the new intern would be working on. Finally there was a 15 minute test on basic mechanical motion principles, mainly how an assembly of gears or levers and such would move in different situations.