Kum & Go Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 18, 2017

1.7

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kum & Go (Colorado Springs, CO) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was then invited to meet for an in-person interview at a local coffee shop. The two general managers were very fond of me and within the hour a was sent to the store they wanted me to work at where I met the store manager for another in-person interview. However, this particular "gentleman" did not care for me one bit. Less than an hour later I received a rejection form letter.

Anonymous Employee in Rogers, AR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kum & Go (Rogers, AR) in December 2016.

Interview

Extremely fast and easy. I applied online. The next day went and asked about my application, he next day was my interview. They need people at all surrounding stores. And I'll be working at least two of them. The manager are extremely nice and love the fact I was honest.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I had to work nights. By myself.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kum & Go (Lowell, AR) in July 2016.

Interview

Initial interview with a current location GM. Short phone and the face to face. Good interaction, good interview by this manager. Phone interview by regional manager. Had some 'concerns' due to my lack of retail experience. Stated he would call back for face to face, but never did. I didn't follow up due to his 'concerns' being stated.

Interview Questions

• Experience related, why I left prior company, What would you do in this situation.   Answer Question

Food Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kum & Go (Denver, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

I got a call the day after I put in my application. I went to my interview, and the GM took me in the back and we talked. She like me and asked me if I could go to my second interview right that second. So I drove to the the other store, had a 5 minutes interview with the GM there and had to drive hack to the original store to give paper work to the first GM. It was kinda a process but it got done in one day. I was hired an hour after my interviews.

Interview Questions

• Just typical questions about former employers, and why I chose this job and so on   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kum & Go in February 2016.

Interview

The hiring manager called me and did a phone interview, then scheduled a in person interview, then one more interview and I was hired! Very exciting place and group of people!

Interview Questions

• What was my availability like?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations were made.

Food Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minot, ND

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kum & Go (Minot, ND) in December 2015.

Interview

Very low key, like talking to a friend. Discussed employers background first, offered up some personal stories about working with the company. An enjoyable icebreaker type back and forth to gain information from the applicant.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Muskogee, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kum & Go (Muskogee, OK) in September 2015.

Interview

It was pretty brief... Very direct and to the point. Interviewer questioned my intelligence and know-how, my skills, etc., it was really simple. Just a regular interview i guess. If you're afraid to be interviewed don't be it's easy, most of the questions they ask are answered with just common sense. I was referred by someone because they knew that I was an extremely hard worker, but really, who doesn't work hard for their money these days??

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you would do if there was a line of customers ready to be checked out and you were in the middle of mopping up a spill?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pawhuska, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Kum & Go (Pawhuska, OK) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process took about 15 minutes to complete. You are asked a series of questions and the interviewer is also watching your attitude. They look for: bright and happy people.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mason City, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kum & Go (Mason City, IA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was quick and to the point. I was asked basic questions no different than other gas stations and convenient stores I had previously applied to. Was asked if I would willingly submit to a criminal background test and drug test, both to which I agreed to. But only the background test was run, which took exactly a week.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for (There?)   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Kum & Go (Colorado Springs, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

Was called in to do a 1 on 1 interview with the Store manager. Then a follow-up interview with the District manager and Store manager together. Process took less than a week.