Kumon Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 15, 2017

1.9

Education Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kumon Group (Lafayette, CO).

Interview

A friend who already worked at the Kumon center told me that they were hiring, and gave me the center director's email address. I emailed her, telling her I was interested in the job and was attending the same school as my friend. She called me in to do an in-person interview, which was pretty straightforward. She asked me what level of math I had completed, whether I would feel comfortable working in the math and reading programs or just one or the other, and how many years there were until I graduated.

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lodi, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kumon Group (Lodi, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I was contacted via email, with the request to meet the next week. I arrived for my interview with my interviewer already present.

Very kind and considerate, and a huge supporter of the overall program. She explained the front desk receptionist position to me, and asked for my qualifications.

She then had me perform a few minor tests she gives the students, as I was specifically wanted to help grade homework if and when necessary.

We discussed my requested pay range after, and I departed after being informed she would get back to me by that week's end. Due to my requested pay rate, I was not offered that position, but another instead. Still pending her response.

Tutor Interview

Interview

there was no interview really, she just talked to me for a bit and asked for my resume. she seemed very sweet and seemed to know what she wanted in an employee

Assistant Interview

Interview

Was hired because I had been a student there for a few years. Interview process was very short and it was essentially to make sure I wanted the job. The couple running the business didn't always adhere to corporate standards, which I think actually worked better since adjusting how the business ran for local customers seemed to be beneficial.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kumon Group.

Interview

My interview was supposed to be at 4, but I had to wait a little because the manager was in conference with someone else. Besides that small setback, the interview went very well. My interviewer took me into the main classroom, sat me down at a round table, and asked me basic questions about my school, past work experiences, etc. She seemed overall pleased at my answers, and very good with explaining what goes on at the Kumon center. Of course, I didn't magically understand everything that goes on there, and the experience will vary from person to person, but overall- it was overall a pretty nice interview.

Interview Questions

• Will you be able to work Mondays and Thursdays from 4-7? (This was a very critical question for the center I applied for.)   1 Answer
    • Do you have a bank account?   1 Answer
    • What past work experience do you have?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at Kumon?   1 Answer

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Kumon Group.

Interview

The Kumon Instructor asked few generic teaching job interview questions and answered a few questions I had about what I would be doing (like what grading was and how assistants helped the students. Then, she gave me one of their worksheets to do .

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kumon Group (Columbus, OH) in August 2017.

Interview

Went to the location, had an interview with the Director. Answered all questions and asked questions about the program. An explanation about what the job duties will be. Registering clients, help in testing and taking payments.

Interview Questions

• My experience working with children   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kumon Group (Fort Mill, SC) in August 2017.

Interview

I submitted my Resume. They called me and asked me what day would be best to come in for an interview. I went in, they liked my years of experience, background and character, They asked me if I would like to come work for them.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have?   1 Answer

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kumon Group.

Interview

I went in to talk to the manager who took me into her office. She asked to see some academic credits, so I showed her my grades for AP and Honors English and Math.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kumon Group.

Interview

Fairly simple. Went in and took a Math and Reading test. The topics were on high school level materials. Afterwards, talked to the main instructor about my experiences with kids.