Kumon Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kumon Group Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2017

1.9

Tutor Interview

Interview

there was no interview really, she just talked to me for a bit and asked for my resume. she seemed very sweet and seemed to know what she wanted in an employee

Assistant Interview

Interview

Was hired because I had been a student there for a few years. Interview process was very short and it was essentially to make sure I wanted the job. The couple running the business didn't always adhere to corporate standards, which I think actually worked better since adjusting how the business ran for local customers seemed to be beneficial.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kumon Group.

Interview

My interview was supposed to be at 4, but I had to wait a little because the manager was in conference with someone else. Besides that small setback, the interview went very well. My interviewer took me into the main classroom, sat me down at a round table, and asked me basic questions about my school, past work experiences, etc. She seemed overall pleased at my answers, and very good with explaining what goes on at the Kumon center. Of course, I didn't magically understand everything that goes on there, and the experience will vary from person to person, but overall- it was overall a pretty nice interview.

Interview Questions

• Will you be able to work Mondays and Thursdays from 4-7? (This was a very critical question for the center I applied for.)   1 Answer
    • Do you have a bank account?   1 Answer
    • What past work experience do you have?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at Kumon?   1 Answer

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Kumon Group.

Interview

The Kumon Instructor asked few generic teaching job interview questions and answered a few questions I had about what I would be doing (like what grading was and how assistants helped the students. Then, she gave me one of their worksheets to do .

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kumon Group (Columbus, OH) in August 2017.

Interview

Went to the location, had an interview with the Director. Answered all questions and asked questions about the program. An explanation about what the job duties will be. Registering clients, help in testing and taking payments.

Interview Questions

• My experience working with children   1 Answer

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kumon Group.

Interview

I went in to talk to the manager who took me into her office. She asked to see some academic credits, so I showed her my grades for AP and Honors English and Math.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kumon Group.

Interview

Fairly simple. Went in and took a Math and Reading test. The topics were on high school level materials. Afterwards, talked to the main instructor about my experiences with kids.

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kumon Group (Fremont, CA).

Interview

Take a test to determine the math and reading level you are at. You will also get a nice tour to see how things works around there. The test will be taken with the program director. Don't be nervous for the test, or you might score low. Everyone here was very nice.

Interview Questions

• Knowledge test for math and reading   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Kumon Group.

Interview

Got a call, went to the center, and got hired on the spot. No interview for my center or formalities such as that. My friend referred me and my boss was desperately looking for someone. I had a lot of prior experience with kids so I was fine.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult questions to answer besides the typical "What are you in school for?" and "Why do you want to work with kids?"   Answer Question

Tutor Interview

Interview

in person and a test was required, not a hard process or test. the test was to only see how well you do in certain subjects but didnt determine if you got the job or not