Kumon Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.9

Sort:

Assistant Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kumon Group (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Hired through recommendation. Filled out an application at location and was hired on the spot. Manager was very laid back and didn't have many questions for me, honestly, other than my availability and prior experience.

Assistant Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Kumon Group.

Interview

Very simple interview process. Asked about school activities, schedule, etc. Was required to take a simple math and reading exam. Wasn't too difficult at all. You can dress nice and casual.

Interview Questions

• Interview was simple. Just tell the truth and be yourself. Honestly can't think of any question that was difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kumon Group.

Interview

Phone interview, then face to face with taking a math and reading test, then video conference interview.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kumon Group (Teaneck, NJ) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, follow-up email, face to face interview with the team, follow-up email, assignment, second interview and finally email with offer for the position.Highly organized process. Friendly faces upon arrival and throughout process. Good turnaround time with the outcome of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What tools do you use to organize your day?   1 Answer

Kumon Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kumon Group (Fremont, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

You just talk to the manager and they make you take a very long test in math and reading and language to see if you know all the basics of young children's education or basic k-6th grade math and reading skills so you are more able to help the children with some questions that they might have.
    He grades it then and there and I think if you get like 85 or 90 and up, he will call you and tell you ur hired and when you can come in to work.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I could solve math problems and teach them to other kids   1 Answer

Classroom Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kumon Group (Redmond, WA) in March 2014.

Interview

Heard back a month later from an online ad that I applied with a cover letter and resume. It was simple, only a phone interview for about 8-10 mins then show up for first shift next week or so. In person I was immediately shown around, given work papers to fill out and return next shift that week and that was that. I don't believe there were any scenario questions given (such as what would you do if [bad behavior] happened?), it was more personality and work ethic related.

Interview Questions

• Prior tutor experience?   1 Answer
    • If I could work their two open days, monday and wednesday 3-7   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tustin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kumon Group (Tustin, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and got a call a day or two later. The interview was very short, have you worked with children, what is the highest level of math that you've taken? The main part of the interview was the test to see how quickly you can grade papers using their answer keys and methods. I was given 2 chances to grade a math booklet, and did a lot better the second time around. I was emailed a job offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• Hey, are you ready to take a test? Sorry we didn't warn you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Minimum wage, $9/hour

Assistant Interview

Application

I interviewed at Kumon Group in February 2010.

Interview

The director goes over the idea of what the compnay is about and what they do as an assistant. Everything is based on growth and experience. You will take a math test to see your skills up to fractions in 25 minutes, about 40 questions.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kumon Group (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Bring in report card or transcript, take test. If you get an email, come back for interview and 2 hours of non paid training to see if you like the job, and for them to see if you are capable. Everything was simple and straight forward.

Interview Questions

• What do you say to a student if you did not know the answer to a question?   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Interview

Very simple, but you must take an aptitude test, which can be tough because of the allotted time. A lot of Kumon math material is based on memorization of formulas on problems that are not used often, and can easily be forgotten.