Kumon Group Tutor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 26, 2017

1.7

48 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Tutor Interview

Interview

there was no interview really, she just talked to me for a bit and asked for my resume. she seemed very sweet and seemed to know what she wanted in an employee

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kumon Group

Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kumon Group (Fort Mill, SC) in August 2017.

Interview

I submitted my Resume. They called me and asked me what day would be best to come in for an interview. I went in, they liked my years of experience, background and character, They asked me if I would like to come work for them.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have?   1 Answer

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kumon Group.

Interview

I went in to talk to the manager who took me into her office. She asked to see some academic credits, so I showed her my grades for AP and Honors English and Math.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kumon Group (Fremont, CA).

Interview

Take a test to determine the math and reading level you are at. You will also get a nice tour to see how things works around there. The test will be taken with the program director. Don't be nervous for the test, or you might score low. Everyone here was very nice.

Interview Questions

• Knowledge test for math and reading   1 Answer

Tutor Interview

Interview

in person and a test was required, not a hard process or test. the test was to only see how well you do in certain subjects but didnt determine if you got the job or not

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kumon Group.

Interview

Had to take the exam the kids entering the program do - had 20 minutes for the reading and 20 for the math portion. Had long division, long multiplication, adding, etc. The reading part had predicate/subject relationships, etc. Seems easy but the time goes very fast. You get a stopwatch so you can see how much time you have left.

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kumon Group.

Interview

I applied online and then I received a phone call from the office I applied to about having a face-to-face interview. I went in to the office and the head of the branch interviewed me for about 30 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kumon Group (Houston, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview was pretty basic with some common HR questions followed by a math and english test. I applied in-person where I was asked to submit my resume. Two days later I was called in for the interview. It was very casual and stress-free.

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kumon Group (Troy, MI) in January 2016.

Interview

I came in thinking I would sit down with the employer and talk about my skills and previously related jobs. To my surprise I was given a test that I was totally not ready for. I was told to sit down at a table just as the students do and take the math test I was given. I did not enjoy that one bit and I was shocked at the fact that there was no warning whatsoever.

Interview Questions

• Can you solve calculus level math problems?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kumon Group (Sunnyvale, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Very straightforward, short and casual. It lasted no more than 10 minutes for the question part. You also must take a diagnostic test for reading and mathematics which should not take any longer than half an hour.