Kumon Group Tutor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kumon Group Tutor Interview Questions

Updated Dec 27, 2016

1.7

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kumon Group.

Interview

Had to take the exam the kids entering the program do - had 20 minutes for the reading and 20 for the math portion. Had long division, long multiplication, adding, etc. The reading part had predicate/subject relationships, etc. Seems easy but the time goes very fast. You get a stopwatch so you can see how much time you have left.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kumon Group

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kumon Group.

Interview

I applied online and then I received a phone call from the office I applied to about having a face-to-face interview. I went in to the office and the head of the branch interviewed me for about 30 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kumon Group (Troy, MI) in January 2016.

Interview

I came in thinking I would sit down with the employer and talk about my skills and previously related jobs. To my surprise I was given a test that I was totally not ready for. I was told to sit down at a table just as the students do and take the math test I was given. I did not enjoy that one bit and I was shocked at the fact that there was no warning whatsoever.

Interview Questions

• Can you solve calculus level math problems?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kumon Group (Sunnyvale, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Very straightforward, short and casual. It lasted no more than 10 minutes for the question part. You also must take a diagnostic test for reading and mathematics which should not take any longer than half an hour.

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kumon Group.

Interview

There wasn't much of an interview. I was asked a few questions about why I wanted to work there and how long I expected to work. Most of the time was spent filling out employment documents. Though I did have to submit an application along with my high school grades. They just want to make sure you are a nice person who will work well with kids.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kumon Group (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

I was asked to come in for an interview a day after I applied for the job. My interview was basically my training day and not really an interview. I was not given any additional training beyond my "interview".

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kumon Group (Richmond, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

Fairly easy questions. Afterwards, I had to take a math and reading tests. Was a bit unprepared for that since it had been awhile that I've taken those courses. However, it was fine. Still got the job, regardless. Overall experience was positive.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about Kumon and what do you know about it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kumon Group.

Interview

I was a former student for about 8 years (I know right?)
    The instructor at the center had already knew me pretty well by then, seen I was decent enough at math to teach. I didn't even really get an interview, she just gave me paperwork to fill out and let me start.

Anonymous Employee in Temple City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kumon Group (Temple City, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I walked in and asked if I could apply for a job. She sat me down and just stated talking to me, no resume or application needed. She asked me what classes I had taken in high school, and when I was free. I was referred by a friend, and she doesn't really interview. Instead, you take a placement test that knows your knowledge with math and reading. You should just know basic math (fractions, conversion, solving for variables, etc)

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kumon Group.

Interview

I called and asked if they were hiring, so I went the next day and she briefly interviewed me. After that I was given a math test and then she told me that she would call.