Kumon North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kumon North America Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2017

1.9

Grader Interview

Interview

Consisted of a phone interview, an in person interview and a test. It was a standard interview process I would say. Each center is different, so the interviewing process would vary depending on which location you go to.

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kumon North America.

Interview

First I had a phone interview with a HR woman and almost one month later I was invited to an interview with the managers. Before getting the result of the interview, I gave up this position because I got an offer from another company.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kumon North America.

Interview

Met with the center director asking if there are any vacancies, and she scheduled an interview. Interview was very easy going, she didn't ask unnecessary questions. The Center Director looks for personality and skills to fit the job. Very non-judgmental environment.

Grader Interview

Interview

Asked basic questions and went over my grades from school. High GPA people are usually graders while lower GPA people work with younger kids and tutor them. Very basic interview and not that much in depth. Easy to get the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience tutoring?   1 Answer

Grader Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Kumon North America in February 2017.

Interview

It was quite simplistic, the typical "why should you have this job" "tell me about yourself" type of questions. However they had no seasonal jobs, and required a minimum of a one year commitment, which i found somewhat ridiculous since it is only a part time job.

Grader/Tutor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kumon North America.

Interview

Went through behavioral and technical portions. Relatively easy behavioral portion, also went through math and reading tests. Math portion required preparation but definitely fair. Reading portion was much easier. Interviewer was also manager of the branch. Went through process pretty easily

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kumon North America.

Interview

Had to take the exam the kids entering the program do - had 20 minutes for the reading and 20 for the math portion. Had long division, long multiplication, adding, etc. The reading part had predicate/subject relationships, etc. Seems easy but the time goes very fast. You get a stopwatch so you can see how much time you have left.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kumon North America (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Since your job is to tutor students from kindergarden up to high school level, you'll be asked about your educational background, gpa, and then you'll be given a test on your basic knowledge on math, reading and writing.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kumon North America.

Interview

None. Was not a lenghty interview process just asked if hiring. Was a former student so I already knew a lot about the program and didnt have to do a placement test at all

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kumon North America.

Interview

The interview process was very casual and laid back. The managers wanted to see if I was a good fit. They asked questions that would give them a better idea of who I am as a person and also how I would fit into the culture at that center. Great for a first job during high school!

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working at Kumon?   1 Answer