Kurt Salmon Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kurt Salmon Consultant Interview Questions

3.4

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kurt Salmon.

Interview

Had a first round interview on campus with Kurt Salmon. They're currently going through their acquisition with Accenture, so the interview was strange and focused mostly on Accenture. It was typical behavioral questions, but it was unclear whether the interviewer was searching fit for KS or Accenture.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kurt Salmon

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kurt Salmon in October 2016.

Interview

First, you are invited to take an online assessment that consists of 4 tests-- 3 are analytical and one is personality-based. I passed (they didn't give me my score though) so I was then invited to their first round interview.

First round was with someone from HR who was very sweet. She asked typical behavioral questions, nothing fancy. They do really emphasize analytics, so make sure you work that into your answers. I thought the interview went really well but I wasn't invited to the next round.

The rest of the process would have been a case interview the following week on campus and then a final round in-office the week after (so 3 week process in total).

Interview Questions

• Asked me about projects I've worked on that were on my resume.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Interview

Overall the interview process was good however after completing what I believed was a stellar final round I was not extended an offer which makes absolutely no sense. They claim to look for smart driven people but at the end of the day are extremely selective in who they hire and bias tends to be towards candidates from particular schools rather than those who can actually perform the job.

Interview Questions

• They ask a lot of formulary questions up front of which can be gained from the application.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kurt Salmon.

Interview

There will be three round interviews. The first two rounds will be conducted over the phone and the last one will be at Atlanta branch. First round interview only consists of behavioral questions. The second round will be case interviews. I am not sure about the last one because I didn't get this far

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kurt Salmon (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

4 rounds of interviews -- a test, hr interview, case interview, then in-office interview with various positions (includes a case interview with presentation) - i went through campus recruiting. can differ.

Interview Questions

• We don't ask weird, unexpected questions. It isn't about fooling you. It is about a cultural fit. We like smart, quirky people. Funny too.   Answer Question

Negotiation

NA

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kurt Salmon.

Interview

New hire interviews had 2 rounds. Interviewed with 2 managers in the first round, and around 6 or so people in the final round. About 4 of the 6 interviews in the final round were case interviews. Cases heavily stressed analytical skills, so were a bit biased toward market sizing type cases, instead of other more strategic cases.

Interview Questions

• A company has sales of 10 in Year 1 and 19 in Year 6. What is their average sales growth rate?   2 Answers

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kurt Salmon (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by HR. She put me on speakerphone and then complained she couldnt hear me well. Interview was straightforward with questions around experience etc

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your company after 1 year of working there.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kurt Salmon (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

They do a lot of recruiting events at select universities (Emory, GT, UVA) which are crucial in terms of getting people to remember you and convince them they want to work with you. Before you begin interview process you have to get through applications. Then you have to take the Wonderlic test and score well before you can advance to interviews (a lot of cuts are made based on this round). First round interview is with HR rep and very laid back (behavioral questions mostly). Second round is two back-to-back case interviews that are each about 15-20 minutes long. Build a rapport with the interviewer and have a conversation, not a monologue. Third and final round is a day-long interview process. There are four rotations - a lunch/breakfast with consultant, two behavioral interviews with upper management, and a case interview with a presentation aspect. I suspect that the latter is partly a stress interview to see if you buckle under pressure. Stay calm and try to remain positive even if the interviewer is a stone wall.

Interview Questions

• Case interviews are just rough no matter what, especially with the presentation aspect. My advice is to make a list of a lot of talking points when you have the time and be prepared to elaborate on every point because they give you 15 minutes for a presentation you have like 10 minutes to prepare for. Read a lot of Case In Point before the interview and PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Interview

Behavioral Round 1 and Round 2; Case Interview - typical

Interview Questions

• one page summary of case analysis; typical brain teaser question   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kurt Salmon (Atlanta, GA) in September 2012.

Interview

Was invited to lunch and a couple socials with KSA. Was invited to take their tests and passed those to make it to first round interview. They called the morning of to change it to a phone interview. Was rejected after phone interview.