Kurt Salmon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kurt Salmon Interview Questions

3.2

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kurt Salmon.

Interview

Had a first round interview on campus with Kurt Salmon. They're currently going through their acquisition with Accenture, so the interview was strange and focused mostly on Accenture. It was typical behavioral questions, but it was unclear whether the interviewer was searching fit for KS or Accenture.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kurt Salmon in October 2016.

Interview

First, you are invited to take an online assessment that consists of 4 tests-- 3 are analytical and one is personality-based. I passed (they didn't give me my score though) so I was then invited to their first round interview.

First round was with someone from HR who was very sweet. She asked typical behavioral questions, nothing fancy. They do really emphasize analytics, so make sure you work that into your answers. I thought the interview went really well but I wasn't invited to the next round.

The rest of the process would have been a case interview the following week on campus and then a final round in-office the week after (so 3 week process in total).

Interview Questions

• Asked me about projects I've worked on that were on my resume.   Answer Question

Project Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kurt Salmon.

Interview

The entire interview process lasted for approximately 3 months. I began with two phone screens; the first was with HR and the second was with someone on the actual team. Once I passed the screens, I was then required to complete an online IQ and personality test. Since my results met their standards, I was then brought in for an in-person interview with the team. I met with a total of seven people: three interviews were in groups of two and one interview was with one person.

Interview Questions

• Out of your past positions, which one did you like the most and why?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kurt Salmon.

Interview

First round HR screen and telephone conversation with head of the practice. After passing that, a quantitative, verbal and logic test administered online, for which a minimum score is required to pass through to the final round. Lastly a several hour final round interview, which involved one case study on retail merchandising and a presentation that the candidate prepares on their own.

Interview Questions

• What would be a good UK target for a foreign PE investor?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kurt Salmon.

Interview

very professional and friendly; recruiter contacted and provided a full schedule of the interview day. multiple one on one sessions and a lunch interview. Some one on ones were over the phone. mostly behavioral questions. They try to really impress you with team culture.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kurt Salmon (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

1. On campus interview at B-school through the recruitment process
    2. Aptitude test online which is timed. Easy questions but maticulous. You're able to practice on some sample questions.
    3.Final round interview at the office consisting of Partner interviews, a prepared presentation, and a case

Senior Consultant (Healthcare) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kurt Salmon (Atlanta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

Submitted application via graduate school career website. Also attended an information session prior to interviewing. Was invited for an hour on-campus interview, half the time spent with an HR representative and the other half with a consultant manager. All kind of "rapid-fire" behavioral questions, and also industry questions about healthcare.

Interview Questions

• What do you think are the top 3 things on the minds of hospital CEOs today? Why consulting? etc. Somewhat unexpected questions, but not super challenging. The only challenging part was that they selected only very experienced candidates for the final round interview out of a large number of candidates.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant CIO Advisory Practice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kurt Salmon (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview process is very long and time consuming. I cleared 6 rounds of interview including partner round and finally did not receive an offer after last interview, I felt complete waste of 7 hours of my time as they could have mentioned in first or second round itself that it is not a good fit. Will strongly advise to not waste time unless Kurt is the only company you are interested in

Consultant Interview

Interview

Overall the interview process was good however after completing what I believed was a stellar final round I was not extended an offer which makes absolutely no sense. They claim to look for smart driven people but at the end of the day are extremely selective in who they hire and bias tends to be towards candidates from particular schools rather than those who can actually perform the job.

Interview Questions

• They ask a lot of formulary questions up front of which can be gained from the application.   Answer Question

Analyst/Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kurt Salmon.

Interview

Applied through campus. 1st round behavioral with HR. 2nd round 2 case studies at Atlanta office. 3rd round super day. Cases were pretty standard - nothing that was meant to trick or derail you.

People were extraordinarily nice and friendly, one of the best interview experiences I've had despite not getting an offer.