Kwik Trip Guest Service Coworker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kwik Trip Guest Service Coworker Interview Questions

Interviews at Kwik Trip

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kwik Trip (Rochester, MN) in January 2010.

Interview

Brief phone interview to get the ball rolling. Invited to the store for a fairly intensive 2-1 interview with the "Store Leader" and "Assistant Store Leader". Upon arrival at the store I was offered a complementary coffee, cappuccino, or fountain beverage. Durring the interview I was asked many personal question regarding my intentions of employment with Kwik Trip, and many other questions were asked on the basis of personal morals. The interview was an hour long and every response was written down. After the initial interview I was invited back to the store and asked to sign a release for drug testing and a back ground check. The drug test was conducted at the medical facility in the area. It took 3-5 days for the results of the back ground check and drug screen to get back. Upon successful completion of the pre-employment screening I was enrolled in an intensive "computer based training" program in which the company lays out all instruction, policy, and procedure in a very straight forward manner followed by about 16 hours of on the Job training. The company was also very food service oriented and they also enroll most staff members in a "hot foods training program". The company also does not hesitate to inform co-workers that any major violations of policy with-in the first 90 days will result in dismissal. They also had "zero tolerance" for any infractions of the "food service sanitation policy" or the "safety policy" failure to follow either of these policies will result in termination of employment.

Interview Questions

• Name a time in which you failed to follow policy knowingly.   Answer Question
  • Name a time in which you had a disagreement with a co-worker. How did you resolve the disagreement?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offered "normal starting wage" which is often at least $2.00 over minimum wage.

Other Interview Reviews for Kwik Trip

Guest Service Coworker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kwik Trip in May 2010.

Interview

I applied online, got a call a few days later to schedule a one on one interview. A few months later I got a call saying that there was now a position open and they would like to hire me.

Interview Questions

• There were many questions asking about past experiences at a job and they wanted specific examples.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Cloud, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kwik Trip (Saint Cloud, MN) in June 2016.

Interview

I went to a hiring event for the 7-8 new stores they were opening in a new market. Interviewed with a Assistant Store Leader for one of the stores they were opening in the area - the interview with him lasted at least an hour and fifteen minutes. He didn't want a resume, wanted to learn everything through my own words. Most of the questions were "Tell me a time you - " and such, as another interviewee mentioned. If you can't pass three important questions in the beginning that judge your character to see if you were a match with their company mission statement, then they won't go any further with you. The ASL really helped me with the questions. He could tell the I was nervous and made sure that if I got side tracked while answering a question, he would help me get to my point. I'm not the greatest interviewee, but he was able to see past my nervousness and awkwardness and see the kind of person and employee I am - which was nice. After the long interview with the ASL, I had an exit interview with the Store Leader of the store they decided I would probably work best in (turned out to be the closest to my house, so it worked out). The store leader briefly recapped everything the ASL went through for about 15 minutes. The entire interview took about an hour and a half total. Though I've heard some taking up to 2 hours. Before I left, the Store Leader gave me information for the program that they use for references. You need 4-7 references within 24 hours after the interview, and they need to be previous managers or coworkers or something similar. After my references came through clear, I was called in for a drug test and to sign up for a orientation class a week later. It took a week and a half from my interview until I went into my orientation class. The following two weeks included training Monday through Thursday from 4-8 pm. The training received was phenomenal, though I'm told it's a special circumstance because I would be in a store that was having a grand opening. The trainers all drove up from the corporate office in LaCrosse, Wisconsin and were apart of the training department there. Super amazing and hilarious people. Learned so much about the amazing opportunity this company awarded me by being employed at Kwik Trip. It took 32 hours of paid training and just under a month before I actually started to work in the stores.

Interview Questions

• How have you changed someones life, preferably in the last month?   1 Answer

Guest Service Coworker Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kwik Trip.

Interview

Kwik Trip's hiring process is long and extensive but worth it for finding the right people for their "Midwestern" type of company. It takes a while but worth it to join a great company.

Interview Questions

• We all have good bad days, tell me about a time when you had to go to school/work on a really bad day? How did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kwik Trip (Appleton, WI).

Interview

It took about 45 minutes. We started by going through basically an application, with him asking about previous work history, criminal record (it's best to be honest cuz they do a background check, I told him everything and he was very nice about it, not judgmental at all) etc. then he told me about the company, which was very interesting, including the bonuses, benefits, and owners. (They're a GREAT company that treats their employees very well) and lastly he asked which location I wanted, and explained the dress code. He asked me to come back the next day and I took my drug test, and a day later he called and asked when I could start!

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you violated company policy, why and what was the outcome   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a random act of kindness you've done for someone   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a family member asked for a free soda or food while you were working   Answer Question
    • What was your least/favorite job and why   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation but they pay very well.

Anonymous Employee in Cuba City, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kwik Trip (Cuba City, WI) in December 2014.

Interview

Apply online. Recieve a call from store leader. Have the first interview with the store leader. Recive a call for a second interview with store leader. Do a drug test. Wait for results. Recieve a call from store leader. Descuss a start date for training.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled a situation.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Menomonie, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kwik Trip (Menomonie, WI) in April 2018.

Interview

Application is rather lengthy and interview process involves two trips to the store. First trip is an hour long interview, half is informational and the other half is situational questions. The second visit to the store is basically them telling you to take a drug test at a predetermined 3rd party clinic, so you just show up, get a form, and go do the test. You usually hear back within the week or next week on their final decision.

Interview Questions

• Name one example where you provided exceptional customer service to someone.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rush City, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Kwik Trip (Rush City, MN) in October 2018.

Interview

I applied 6 days ago at the Rush City, MN location. I applied online. Had to submit a few simple answers to some questions and provide a resume. I was contacted the same day for a short phone interview. Asked me a couple situational questions. Why I was interested, my experience, etc. I was asked to come in for an in person interview the same day but I had to schedule for the next day. My in person interview consisted of asking my availability, experience, the stores policies, expectations, etc. and then I said to answer SEVERAL situational questions. Seriously- 4 pages worth of questions! The interview lasted 1 hour. After that I was told I’d be contacted in the next week. I was called 3 days later and asked to come in to meet with the recruiter. That meeting consisted of offering me a position, and asked that I go to a local clinic to complete a urine drug test. I also had to consent to a background check. I am pending starting work until my drug test and background check clears. I was honestly surprised at the amount of interview questions there were. I’ve applied for several government jobs and haven’t even had to answer that many questions. Half as many at best. But at least you know they’re dedicated to hiring qualified candidates!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when... a lot of those types of questions. How you handled a difficult customer. Have you ever experienced a time when your coworkers weren’t following policy. Describe a time when you have come across something or a task/job duty that has consistently not been done.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oak Creek, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kwik Trip (Oak Creek, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview to set up in-person interview, the in-person interview was one-on-one at a job fair, took about 15-20 minutes and well worth the time. My manager had great questions to ask and I never felt intimidated when I was at the 1:1.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with providing quality customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Cloud, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kwik Trip (Saint Cloud, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Then I had a phone interview the next day. Then I was asked to go to a job fair. In that interview I was questioned by two people separately then I was asked to get 4-7 references (which they actually check) then I was hired a week later after passing my drug test. In total it took about 2 weeks

Interview Questions

• They showed me a list of our 7 core values and asked which on resonated with me the most   Answer Question