Kyocera Interview Questions in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

2.9

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kyocera (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Many people involved, group interview. Hypothetical presentation. Initial phone interview. Interviewed by he at the end of the process. Interview by team u would be working with. Met VP of HR and CEO

Interview Questions

• How many suck days are appropriate   1 Answer

Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kyocera (San Diego, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Very formal interview with two of their local GMs down here in San Diego. I was asked an assortment of questions ranging from tell us about your experience to why do you want to work for us. Had a Japanese GM and a local American GM who both asked different type of questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your employment history, education experiences and skills?   1 Answer

Engineer Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kyocera (San Diego, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with the HR Rep and a Senior Engineer. Pretty straight forward interview highlighting what's on my resume and how the company operates, the motto, what they make, and if my personality would fit in with the company.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kyocera (San Diego, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

There was a 25 minute phone interview and then a week later I went in for a face to face interview with about 5 people. It would have been 6 people but one of them couldn't make it.

I was pretty excited about the face to face interview, since the phone interview went so well. But as the interview went on, I found myself thinking that I really don't want to work here. I first met with an HR rep, the same on I had the phone interview with. She gave me a low down on how the interviews were going to go down. First part was to test my excel skills and phone skills. I had an excel doc to fill out and interpret and then randomly the phone rang and I had to assist an upset customer (an employee pretending). That part was fine. Then I met with who would be my supervisor. He was nice and friendly and gave me the run down on what the job responsibilities would be. While he was talking I came to the conclusion that they are looking for one person to do jobs that 3-4 people would do.

After our conversation I met with 3 people who I would not be answering to at all but I guess they needed to be in on the interview process. While sitting with them, it was very clear that I didnt want to work there. One of them in particular kept asking me about why I previously worked 2 jobs at once, why I left a ADMIN job for media jobs if ultimately I was going to end up going back to ADMIN type jobs etc. etc. I just got this vibe that she was upset with me for following my dreams and being determined to work 2 jobs at once. The vibe was weird and a little stand-offish. I felt like I was being talked out of the position, which is probably why i felt I didnt want it, WHILE I was being interviewed. They didnt offer me the position and I'm glad. I can see why the current individual in the position is leaving after being there for 6 months.. Good luck to who replaces her.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kyocera (San Diego, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Slow. Had a phone screen on a Saturday 2 weeks after applying. Invited for onsite interview 2 weeks later. A third panel interview 2 weeks after that, and was told there would be a 4th interview sometime in the next month. In the meantime I was offered and accepted another job.

Interview Questions

• They asked many technical questions from a list; looking for specific knowledge of CA and Federal labor laws   Answer Question

Channel Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kyocera (San Diego, CA).

Interview

15-30 minute phone screen
    1st Face-to-Face: 3 hours
    2nd Face-to-Face: 3 hours

They mostly asked the basics, review projects you've worked on etc. The HR department was stellar and very communicative. One of the best interview experiences I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• Nothing super hard... what's your biggest strength, why do you want to work here, what would your friends say about you...   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kyocera (San Diego, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview was okay but it was very clear that they did not know what they were hiring for. I asked them point blank if they had any concerns about my qualifications to which they replied no, but they are still hiring for this position and keep changing the qualifications and/or job description. That's just poor HR for a company like this.

Product Planning Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kyocera (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Multiple Interviews beginning with phone. Interview with about 6 people. All the people seemed very nice and presented themselves well. A presentation on the topic of your choice is required in the later stages. The final step is you meet the VP (and he decides if he likes your haircut ;-).

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Japanese culture ? Could you live in Japan ?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kyocera (San Diego, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

They had a huge emphasis on working hard and long hours. They don't care much about creativity or work smarter. They want people to work within their system and conform to their standards. Out of the box thinking, experimenting with new system improvements are not encouraged. They seemed to be looking for passion and dedication about experience, skill or and adaptive capability. Great company for the right person. They are very structured.

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kyocera (San Diego, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Pretty straightforward. Asked basic situational questions. Behaviorally want to see if you have the tenancity to sell and to endure dry spells. Ask for any prior sales experience.