L-3 Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 3, 2017

2.6

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at L-3 Communications (Sarasota, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from one of the managers the same day (I got lucky!) telling me that he wanted to have a short interview the next day, after that initial screening I received a call from a recruiter a few days after asking for an on-site interview the following week. The on-site interview consisted of first a meeting with an engineering panel (4 engineers) asking various questions about resume, classwork, etc. After that the second panel consisted of 4 Engineering Managers with the same kind of questions a few technical ones, after that I had a 1 to 1 with the director of human resources. Following that I was asked to come the next week to meet with the Engineering Director, which was very casual. I received an offer the following day.

Interview Questions

• Several easy questions about C:
      -What is the volatile keyword used for
      -Difference between linked list and an Array (timing etc)
      -Write a swap function.
      -Several questions about sorting algorithms.
      Behavioral Questions:
      -What do you have in the trunk of your car? (lol I know..)
      -Why do you want to work for this company?
      -Along all the common behavioral questions companies usually ask.
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

process was great. The interviewing staff was friendly and wanted to see how compatible I will be working with the team. There were 2 interviewers and they went over my resume and asked about my previous experience and school knowledge.

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockwall, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at L-3 Communications (Rockwall, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

I had a 30 minute phone interview, then two weeks later I got to fly in all travel expenses paid for an in-person interview with some of the management and employees. The in-person interviews took a little over two hours and I got to see the work environment and meet the team. It presented a very professional atmosphere and was an overall pleasant interview process.

Interview Questions

• How would you say your previous experience would translate here?   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at L-3 Communications (Tulsa, OK) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and the software development manager contacted me. We set up a phone interview, in which several people told me about the work they are doing in the aerospace industry, and then they asked me some questions about me and my educational/work background. I was then called for an in-person interview in Tulsa. This lasted 2-3 hours: the manager told me some more about their projects, and then the interviewers asked about me more about my college coursework, and some questions about my experience working with a team. Then there were two technical activities they asked me to do (they left the room for 10 minutes for each). Finally, I was given a detailed tour of the whole facility.

The reason I rate the overall experience as negative is that they didn't give me any updates on the hiring process until I asked about two weeks later. In the end I was never informed about their hiring decision. I found it very discourteous to string along applicants and never let them know about the decision or provide any feedback about the interview.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled a difficult situation working with a team?   Answer Question
    • Design a set of classes that relates to our business.   Answer Question

Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at L-3 Communications (Greenville, TX).

Interview

The process was very quick and streamlined. The HR department was very professional and worked with me through every step, to include scheduling travel and reimbursement after my trip. The interview day was a bit disorganized as work activities impacted who and how long individuals could meet with me. The company made a decision very quickly to hire me, and sent offer shortly after the interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked about security clearance or ability to obtain one.   Answer Question

Systems Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockwall, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L-3 Communications (Rockwall, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone interview was thorough as could be, considering it was a phone interview. Never once did the interviewers seem condescending, which I have experienced in many phone interviews. The interviewers gave instant feedback on answers they could answer, and followed up with me regarding questions they could not answer at that time. Also, there were no "cookie cutter" questions such as "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"

Interview Questions

• To engage your analytical process, if you had to troubleshoot a website, how would you begin?   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

3 step interview process, first was over the phone, then go on the field and they'll ask you some more questions and see how you like and third is to offer you a hob

File/Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waco, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at L-3 Communications (Waco, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

The recruiter emailed me randomly and I accepted the offer, we then set up for an interview and I started working within the next 2 weeks. I did a background check and drug test screening and the first day of work was explanatory.

Interview Questions

• Have I had any administrative work and was I proficient with excel and spreadsheet and working by myself with not a lot of supervision.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The recruiter emailed me saying the company offered me a position to contract, I accepted the position immediately and went through a background a

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at L-3 Communications (Edison, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online after getting a employee referral. I heard back with in a week of my resume drop. First round was a in person interview was all behavioral. There was nothing that was unexpected. I heard back the next day through email that they were going another direction with the hiring process

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at L-3 Communications (San Diego, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

So I applied online and got a phone call from the recruiter about 2 weeks later. It was a phone interview and was mostly behavioral. They asked a few questions regarding project management but that was it. Had a second interview with the finance manager, again very causal but she really wanted to know my comfort level with excel and capital budgeting. The final interview was an in-person interview that consisted of 5 different people. This is where things get strange. The recruiter, the CFO, and my potential manager were all super professional, friendly, and asked good questions. Two other individuals were not, the one gentlemen was very aggressive and rude. The other woman sounded like she was having a bad day because she was just hostile. Making condescending remarks when I gave answers. At the end of the interview, the recruiter even asked me what I thought of the gentlemen. She said, "Yeah, he has a reputation around the office for being short tempered." Well talk about a red flag if there ever was one. It was a shame because I like my potential boss, but I was so worried about the environment I was going into I couldn't take their offer. Especially, when I had another offer from somewhere else.

Interview Questions

• What are the revenue recognition methods for projects?   1 Answer
    • How comfortable are you with Excel?   Answer Question
    • They asked some accounting questions related to assets and liabilities.   Answer Question
    • They even asked questions regarding transportation of goods and how you recognize certain cost.   Answer Question
    • Explain the project development process.   Answer Question
    • Be familiar with revenue recognition methods.   Answer Question

The end of my interview just really concerned me because I didn't want to work directly with a man who had a reputation in the office. My boss was fine, the salary and benefits offer was great but that man and how he was in the interview scared the crap out of me.