L-3 Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 12, 2017

2.6

Financial Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at L-3 Communications (Broomfield, CO) in February 2016.

Interview

One phone interview with HR person and five in person interviews. The in-person interviews were all conducted on the same day. Some interviewers seemed to be disinterested. One used phone claiming her boss texted her and asked whether she could interview me. Well who does that during an interview? In addition that interviewer was late.

Interview Questions

• Asked very detailed questions about previous experience.   1 Answer
    • What forecasting models did you use? (Normal question in financial analyst positions interviews, could be found on any financial analyst interview questions website).   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at L-3 Communications (Greenville, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

The first round was pretty easy. Met the interviewer at an on-campus career expo, and had the individual interview the next day. The second round was in Greenville, TX. They flew me out and had a hotel for the candidates. The second interview round was like "speed dating" as they put it. I talked to three of their department managers about my experiences and classes, what I wanted to do at L-3 etc. I literally spent the entire day interviewing so prepare for a long day.

Interview Questions

• When adding/removing certain features from an aircraft (draws a picture), how do you expect the aerodynamic forces over that part of the plane change etc?   1 Answer

Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L-3 Communications (Saint Petersburg, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

HR interview followed by group interview. Well thought out process. Very comfortable and relaxed atmosphere. Basic questions about skills, knowledge, process flow etc. toured facility and was allowed to ask questions and answer questions in a very informal and comfortable way.

Interview Questions

• About experience in inspection   1 Answer

Cost Estimator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at L-3 Communications.

Interview

I applied online for various positions at various locations over the course of a few months. For this position I applied over a holiday break and they called back the first workday after. There was an initial phone screening, then a couple of in-person interviews with managers/supervisors, then a final phone interview with a trainer, and finally a call/offer from HR. After accepting the offer (they gave me a couple of days to accept), they conducted a background check and drug test, and then I waited until the next hiring date to start (every two weeks on Mondays). Everyone was very polite and candid throughout the entire process and the interviews were mostly casual.

Interview Questions

• There were a few technical questions about excel that were specific, but intermediate level questions about past experience. Macros, formulas, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There were no negotiations, the initial offer seemed fair and appropriate. They called, emailed the official offer, and gave me a couple of days to accept.

Benefits & Compensation/Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L-3 Communications (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

Initial phone interview. Gentleman was very nice; however, his accent was very pronounced and it was difficult to understand him. He detailed the position and advised that the process following this call could take up to 30 days. He then asked if I was still interested in keeping my application in the mix.

Interview Questions

• can you describe how your past work history makes you a candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Mechanic Helper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enid, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at L-3 Communications (Enid, OK) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was misleading, didn't qualify after the interview was done, which was odd. When I applied I met all qualifications listed. Person doing the interview was very monotone and showed absolutely no expression. Made the point clear that "BS" and "intentional mistakes" didn't fly over his head. I would of hated to of worked for someone who didn't have a sense of humor AT ALL.

Manufacturing Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at L-3 Communications (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

After submitting my resume at a career fair and applying to the corresponding position online, I was contacted for a phone interview with the supervisor of the manufacturing engineering department. All questions were behavioral or interest-based, nothing technical. Three weeks later, I was contacted for on-site interview. I was given a tour of facility, where they explained projects I'd be working on as an intern in order to gauge my understanding and interest.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L-3 Communications in January 2016.

Interview

The interview is heavily focused on school and hobby projects. It is important for students to be able to work together on teams and also demonstrate technical competency. The entire thing lasts a morning.

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at L-3 Communications (Greenville, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Brief, standard and easy. Was only asked standard questions about expectations I had. Ultimately it was clear that I would not have been in this interview at all if there wasn't an intent to hire.

Interview Questions

• Only standard, generic questions about my work ethic and my expectations of the company.   Answer Question

Manager Contracts Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L-3 Communications.

Interview

The interview process was casual and relaxed. everyone was friendly and asked questions that delved into specific areas of my experience and success stories. The interviewers were from various areas of the company so their interests were varied and the questions reflected what was important to their area of business.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the areas of the contract where you receive the most pushback. And the areas that are most important to the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I'm still in negotiations