L-3 Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 12, 2017

2.6

Process Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at L-3 Communications (Denver, CO).

Interview

HR calls with screening interview. If you pass the interview, you will be called back with additional phone interviews or asked to visit in person for 1:1, and/or panel interviews. The interview experience can take all day long depending on the situation. If panel interviews, expect a full day of interviews with panel and 1:1's.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pleasant experience. total time was 24 hours.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L-3 Communications (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview consisted of a panel of six departmental managers. Despite being grilled by six people at one time, the interview was fairly casual and not terribly intimidating. Each person took turns asking questions. Most of the questions dealt with workplace situations (what would you do if this happened, and how would you resolve it?). There were a series of standard questions that were mandatory for DOD industry. Mostly for background checks, citizenship, etc.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with stress after work.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Bragg, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at L-3 Communications (Fort Bragg, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

The phone interview was a very positive experience. We discussed my background as well as my goals. The interviewer shared what the ideal candidate would bring to the table. That person also informed me of the daily functions of the position. The questions asked were pertinent. Also, the interviewer was direct but friendly. I did not feel uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at L-3 Communications.

Interview

There were 2 interviews. The first was with 3 managers looking for an engineer and it felt kinda like the third degree. There were a lot of questions regarding my experience with different subjects, situations and computer programs and even questions about me personally. I didn't expect a second interview, but the second was a lot more relaxed. It was with the people I would be working with if offered the job. It was mainly to see if our personalities would clash.

Industrial Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crestview, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at L-3 Communications (Crestview, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

I had a surprise phone interview with 3 senior level engineers. Basic questions from my resume, asked me if I am willing to come to Florida for a F2F the following week. They paid for my trip to Crestview Florida. Panel Interview with 6 engineers and facility tour.

Interview Questions

• If you had to speak to someone about changing a process in the facility, and that person has more experience than you, what steps would you take to be able to talk them through it, especially if they don't want to change it?   1 Answer
    • What motivates you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me more about your project.   Answer Question
    • What makes you a good candidate for this position?   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose to become an Industrial Engineer?   Answer Question

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at L-3 Communications (San Diego, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

first phone screen interview and another one in site... 5 hours.. 5 to 6 people.. the point is.. you can answer everything.. if one of them do not like you.. you are out!

Interview Questions

• 1) Describe a linux device driver and your experience with linux embedded
      2) What kind of RTOS you used ?
      3) How do you handle memory leaks and buffer overflow ? techniques.. tools... methodology... in c and C++
      4) What is STL ? What classes you used ?
      5) What the size of a pointer ?
      6) What is the size of a structure ?
      7) Invert a linked list. On this case it is a pointer inversion not data.. it was not clear
      8) On layer 2, how the device discover the MAC address
      9) Define RTP and SIP
      10) How a video streaming work ? How the video streaming are broadcasted ?
      11) Have you worked with SMP ? How the kernel handles it
      12) What is faster ? heap or stack ? why ?
      13) Why virtual methods are necessary ?
      14) Define up and down casting
      15) Then the last interviewer is the director. He asked for a question "What is your passion ?"
      Answer Question

Safety Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at L-3 Communications (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2015.

Interview

This was my first interview in over 20 years. It started with a phone interview and that went very well. The one on one was with the department manager who was very knowledgable in the field. They had a list of questions that are asked to all interview people. The types of questions should be reviewed for the type of position hiring for.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at L-3 Communications (Tampa, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Four 30 min sessions. Software lead, engineer director, H.R., general mgr. Asked technical questions mostly about new technologies. General Mgr mostly talked about the direction of the company. Where i would like to be in the future. My enthusiasm, willingness to work long hours, doing whatever it takes to develop our highly sophisticated products.

Interview Questions

• How committed am i to promote company growth. Am i in for the long haul.   1 Answer

Test Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L-3 Communications (Atlanta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

They took me on a tour of the facility and gave you a technical test. There was a discussion concerning what the job involved and there were questions about my past experience and knowledge. I was introduced to various people in my department and interviewed with them.

Interview Questions

• What was my objectives in regards to a career.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at L-3 Communications (Huntsville, AL).

Interview

Relaxed and very friendly, didn't feel like getting third degree as in most companies. And apparently Glassdoor says that there should be more said or else the website won't allow me off this page

Interview Questions

• WHo remembers interview questions long after the interview?   Answer Question