L-3 Communications Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

L-3 Communications Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 2, 2017

3.2

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at L-3 Communications.

Interview

A few hours of interviewing where I took turns interviewing with multiply people for about 30 minutes at a time or touring the facility. The last person I interviewed with made it very apparent that engineers at this facility are not the best and brightest since he told me that he had a 2.5 GPA in college.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a design that you worked on with a group and name some difficulties that you had to overcome.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for L-3 Communications

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Interview

Planned interview from 8am to 1pm with lunch included. Meet with one hiring manager for general company overview. Meet with four to five engineers for detailed technical interview. Short tour of the office space and some lab equipment. Lunch with hiring manager and two to three engineers including further questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain some ways you would isolate a system from vibration?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Waco, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L-3 Communications (Waco, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

Phone interview followed by panel interview with several engineering managers

Anonymous Employee in Waco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at L-3 Communications (Waco, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

They few me and about 15 other people down to Waco, TX for 2 days. On the first day we toured Waco, met with senior engineers, VP and recently hired engineers. On the second day we toured their facility and did panel interviews. They were interested in leadership and organization skills. Every one seemed very helpful. I had lot of time to ask questions about the company and the position. From the first impression, it looks like a great place to work. I accepted the offer because the company does what I want to do, the pay and benefits are very good.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L-3 Communications (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2010.

Interview

L-3 Communications was at a university career fair. I had 1 brief interview with an engineering manager at the career fair and provided my resume. I received a phone call approximately 7 days later to do a phone interview. The phone interview was approximately 15 mins and very general. Following the phone interview, I had an onsite interview in front of a panel, was required to do a presentation, and 3 work out problems on the white board that took approximately 5 mins to solve each one.

Interview Questions

• I was required to answer three very technical questions on the white board using a marker and in front of 8 managers.   Answer Question