L-3 Communications Interview Questions in Salt Lake City, UT | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.7

Electrical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at L-3 Communications (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

L3 West (SLC, UT). Phone call interview with like 3 engineers. They didn't really ask any questions. Basically the phone call started and they told me to go down my resume and talk about the last few jobs on my employment history. Didn't ask me any behavioral questions or really anything. Allowed me to talk about classes and projects, but that's about it. They said they'd get back to me in 2 weeks...today is the 2 week mark. Fingers crossed

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L-3 Communications (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

I was called, and asked a number of technical questions. The person on the phone was polite and well spoken. Because of a few misspoken answers to questions, and a small amount of technical confusion, I do not expect to receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is the asymptotic complexity of a Hash Set?   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at L-3 Communications (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Had initial phone interview - lasted 20 minutes. Guess they like me and wanted to bring me in.

On-site interview:
    Gave a 20 minute presentation (they asked me to present something technical - my choice).

Then they asked fairly standard questions. The presentation brought up a lot of topics, so actually too almost 40 minutes.
    Be
    Then had another round of interviews with the hiring director and 2 other PMs. Again - standard questions and they wanted to know what types of programs I like (development, production) and if I had experience with proposals (which I have lots).

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult customers?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation took two weeks - each round took one week to complete - as if the HR people have no sense of urgency.

It was ok. I gave a little and they gave a little - overall a fair deal.

Cost Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at L-3 Communications (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received a call for an interview within a couple of days. Interviewed with would be manager and his boss. Both were friendly. The questions were pretty standard tell us about you type of questions. I felt the interview went well. I didn't get an offer so obviously I wasn't exactly what they were looking for.

Overall, even though I wasn't offered the job I was pretty impressed with the company. The only complaint is the lack of follow up. I was told it would be 2-4 weeks before I would hear back. I never heard back. It would have been nice if they would have sent one of those thanks but no thanks emails.

Interview Questions

• Describe my best day
      Describe my worst day
      General tell us about yourself questions
      Answer Question

Procurement Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at L-3 Communications (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2016.

Interview

The recruiter did a great job finding me and coordinating the interviews with a well orchestrated team and the interviewers were prepared and professional. THey went out of their way to adjust to my schedule. Afterward however, It has been very difficult to get a response from anyone on the hiring process. Phone calls and emails to individuals on the hiring committee and to the recruiter are unanswered.

Interview Questions

• GIve us an example of a phrase you would include in a Statement of work   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at L-3 Communications (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

I was contacted by email by the hiring manager to set up a phone interview. In the phone interview there was a group of three or four engineers who asked me basic networking and software engineering questions. (Explain the difference between TCP and UDP, why is object-oriented design used, talk about how you play nice in the sandbox at work.) It took a week for them to get back to me about an on-site interview. At the on-site interview, I gave a 15-minute PowerPoint presentation and talked to several hiring managers and lead engineers.

Interview Questions

• 1) Explain the difference between TCP and UDP. When would each be appropriate.
      2) Given a network sketched out on the whiteboard, explain how a packet gets from one host to another in as much detail as possible.
      3) Tell us what you know about OSPF, ARP, Ethernet, and TCP protocols.
      Answer Question

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at L-3 Communications (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Basic technical related questions with the field department managers to see if you'd be a good fit. Question and answer session with HR. If you are brought in for an in person interview there is a good chance you are going to get an offer. Don't stress too much about the interview.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L-3 Communications (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview consisted of a panel of six departmental managers. Despite being grilled by six people at one time, the interview was fairly casual and not terribly intimidating. Each person took turns asking questions. Most of the questions dealt with workplace situations (what would you do if this happened, and how would you resolve it?). There were a series of standard questions that were mandatory for DOD industry. Mostly for background checks, citizenship, etc.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with stress after work.   1 Answer

Safety Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at L-3 Communications (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2015.

Interview

This was my first interview in over 20 years. It started with a phone interview and that went very well. The one on one was with the department manager who was very knowledgable in the field. They had a list of questions that are asked to all interview people. The types of questions should be reviewed for the type of position hiring for.

Configuration Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at L-3 Communications (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview then scheduled a face to face then who knows. They scheduled a time to call and called on the dot. Interview was about an hour and a phone screening interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about some specification given by the government.   1 Answer