L-3/IS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

L-3/IS Interview Questions

2.5

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L-3/IS (Waco, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

All interviewers and HR personnel were all very professional. I had some concerns about senior management based on reviews here on Glassdoor and elsewhere. Senior management personnel have been changed. The working level seemed very happy with their positions and work life. I was contacted about an offer, but declined based on local opportunities arising.

Interview Questions

• Are you prepared to relocate?   1 Answer

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at L-3/IS (Greenville, TX).

Interview

HR located the potential employee, qualified in terms of degree / experience, and ability to hire. The process was quick and pleasant. Excellent professionalism and very keenly knowledgeable of the job and company.

Interview Questions

• What is your long term employment desire....??   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was issues related to service connection.

Quality Roll Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L-3/IS in March 2015.

Interview

Good phone interview process with a small team of people from L3 on the other end. There were various structured questions about work experience, handling situations with peers and other relational type questions.

Interview Questions

• Several situational questions about how I would handle various worker relationships   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L-3/IS (Greenville, TX).

Interview

The interview at L-3 was pretty long. I was there for at least 6 hours. That includes 3 face to face, 1 tour of the campus, and lunch at the cafe. The questions were run of the mill questions that every one ask. Tell me about yourself, why should we hire you, bla bla bla.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was to explain why L-3 should hire me. Not that it was that hare but that is the most dificult question. Doesn't mean your interview will be like mine so reading this is probably a waste of time. Every manager has there own way of questioning people.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Nill, I was straight out of college and thought is was a good salary. They don't negotiate much though if any.

Electrical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at L-3/IS (Greenville, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Very pleasant. They asked some behavioral and technical questions. I was invited on site for a face to face interview. The whole interview took about 2 hours. I was given a tour of the facility and talked to few engineers over there. People seem nice there.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockwall, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L-3/IS (Rockwall, TX).

Interview

Sent resume to HR. HR called and scheduled an interview. Met with 3 senior level managers (Marketing, COO and Programs Director). Each interview was cordial but only the PD spent time in asking questions relating to a specific open position

Interview Questions

• Trying to demonstrate that my telecom experience in managing projects, budgets, forecasts, etc., would be of value in defense contracting.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted a much lower salary to start. In six months they gave me a $10K raise.

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waco, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L-3/IS (Waco, TX).

Interview

For an Aircraft structures & sheetmetal mechanic there is very little to the interview process at L-3 Waco. I don't even remember it! I think I was asked maybe less than 5 very basic, non-threatening questions. More than anything they just want to hire as many people as they can as quickly as they can who they suspect might have the smallest ability to perform the simple job functions here. Your training is very much on-the-job and you'll learn and grow while working very quickly. Almost anyone can do it & an A&P isn't required but you'll get paid a few extra dollars if you have it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Take it or leave it! If you have many years of aircraft maintenance experience in structures & sheetmetal you can probably negotiate, but I was green when I first went to L-3.

Technical Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waco, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at L-3/IS (Waco, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

submitted resume online. Received call 2wks later. Interviewed by panel of 4 team members. Laid back interview. They confirmed my familiarity with their current products and processes.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5 yr.   1 Answer

Negotiation

quick turn around on both sides.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L-3/IS (Greenville, TX).

Interview

I was scouted from my resume on careerbuilder.com. I was called, asked if I was still looking for employment. Asked answering in the affirmative, I was informed that I would get a plane ticket and could rent a car for an interview on site. I was also setup in a hotel. I arrived in Greenville, TX the day before the interview, and given directions to show up at the plant for the interview at 8am. I was picked up by a manager and started the interview process in his office. We spoke for a couple of minutes and then I went and interviewed with 2-3 project leads. After these talks I was taken to lunch with four employees of the group into which I would be hired. The spoke about several topics, asked me about my comfort with Java programming and working for a defense contractor. After lunch I had 2-3 more one-on-one's with project leads and finished with the manager who picked me up from the company waiting room. I was told I had the job in this final meeting. I was not able to negotiate my salary.

Interview Questions

• One interviewer learned of my experience with artificial intelligence and began a line of questioning about ontology's. I had to tell him I was not familiar with ontology's but could be with some research. That interviewer was my most difficult interviewer, I had to say no to most of his questions. I later found out that he was my strongest supporter concerning getting hired.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Couldn't negotiate.

Corporate Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at L-3/IS (Greenville, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

After very fast contact based on my resume submission, I was told to contact the interviewing attorney's secretary to set the date since I was coming in from out of town. We set the date on Thursday for the following Wednesday and I was told to expect a call from HR with specifics. I got a call Monday morning from HR who answered some of my questions and sent me email with maps and forms to fill out and bring. Less than an hour later I get a call back from HR again who rather sheepishly informed me that the interview was cancelled as they had decided to go with a candidate interviewed on Thursday of the previous week. This was rather frustrating to say the least and while I appreciate them not having me drive 3 hours when they were going with someone else, it seems that at the very least the hiring manager or his secretary could have bothered to call me and apologize personally.