L Brands Senior Data Security Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Senior Data Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at L Brands (Columbus, OH) in September 2011.

Interview

I was contacted through a Limited Recruiter and she was very nice. I had an initial conversation with the hiring manager over Starbucks coffee in their lobby and it was a very good conversation. The man was great and I really looked forward to moving forward. The whole position sounded great.

I was later contacted and told they wanted to have a formal interview. It was with three people. One was the hiring manager, the other was with his boss and then third was an HR rep. It seemed to go pretty well, there were a couple of questions I flubbed on but I thought overall it was fine.

I was rejected for the job because I didn't have enough website security experience even though I had over 15-years of website programming experience especially securing those websites. They also said they thought I called someone an idiot in my interview; a user. I most-certainly did not!

This is what I believe happened: I was asked to describe a situation where I had a conflict with a user. I described something that happened and during the description I mentioned that the woman said to me, "You think I'm an idiot don't you?" that is where I think they got the idea I called someone an idiot. I don't think they were really listening to me.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I would hack into the network using the phone that was on the desk.   1 Answer