L.E.K. Consulting Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

3.5

83 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview Process: 5 rounds
1) On-campus interview (2 rounds, 1 with associate and 1 with senior associate)
2) On-site interview (3 rounds, 1 partner, 1 principal and 1 manager)

Hiring:
Offer after the final round was made within an hour.

Interview Questions

• How many gallons of paint for residential properties are sold in the US?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for L.E.K. Consulting

Associate Interview

Interview

First round was on campus - 2 back to back cases, on qual and one quant. Second round was at the office of your choice with 3 30 minute cases decided by the interviewers - managers/partner

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Unnecessary

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting in October 2016.

Interview

First round was two back to back 30 minute cases over the phone. One was a straightforward and pretty easy strategy case with a behavioral question, and the other was a difficult market sizing case with another short behavioral question. You need to nail the market sizing/quantitative case to move on to the second round.

Was told I would hear back two days later, but heard back 5 days later through an email that I would not be moving on.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

The process began with two on-campus interviews and concluded with a final round, which consisted of three interviews at LEK's office. Each of the five interviews contained some behavioral questions, but were mostly focused on a case of some sort.

Anonymous Employee in UC Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (UC Berkeley, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I went through campus recruiting at my current school.
    First round had two 30 min interviews was held on campus.
    The first round was both interviewed by associates.
    Both of them asked me 1 behavioral question to start the interview then we jumped right into case question.
    There was time at the end to ask question to the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer: Associate
      1. Behavioral - Why consulting?
      2. Case - Major live sports channel has 10% less subscribers. What is the problem and how should we approach this

Interviewer: Associate
      1. Behavioral - Walk me through your resume
      2. Case - Whiskey company who used to only sell their product to their customers through selling them directly through liquor stores but now they are trying to sell the product directly to their customers using online website. Should they do this and what should they consider   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

First round was two 30 minute cases, one strategy and one quantitative. Very quick turnaround, found out about second round within a week. Second round was the next week and consisted of three 30 minute interviews with partners and managing consultants. One was strategy, the other two were more quantitative (market sizing and pricing).

Interview Questions

• Asked Why consulting? Why LEK? in every interview. Tell me about yourself, tell me about a time you were on a team/group that didn't work well   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

Two cases back to back one market size one strategy. Pretty straight forward overall. Interviewers were cordial and nice. Very clear with cases and answered questions for clarification. Pretty simple if you are calm and don't fluster. This was a first round off cycle. Mostly interested in cases not too interested in fit.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting in April 2016.

Interview

Very quick process. Applied online. Got response one day later. Had two 30 minute phone interviews back-to-back with different people. Each person first asked fit questions and then did small case study, with time equally split between the two. Did not advance.

Interview Questions

• What was one challenging situation you encountered and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (Boston, MA).

Interview

2 case interview questions. One quantitative and one strategy for the first round. Second round was 3 case questions with senior management at the home office I was applying for

Interview Questions

• What is the market for replacement wheels for airplanes?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied/interviewed on campus. Two 30 minute cases back to back, one quantitative and one qualitative. Very straightforward cases, with some time left over for fit/behavioural questions. They got back to me the next day about the result.

Interview Questions

• What is the size of the US interior paint market?   1 Answer