L.E.K. Consulting Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 7, 2017

3.4

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. First round is two 30min interviews, with the first 10min small talk & fit, 20min of case interview, so pace yourself well in the case part as it's a lot shorter than other case interviews. Second round is three more interviews with managers and partners, consisting of two regular cases and one written.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for L.E.K. Consulting

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting.

Interview

First round: (a) Market Sizing, (b) Case
    Second round: (a) Market Sizing, (b) Case, (c) Brain Teaser with Partner

This was the most well executed, thorough, and professional recruitment experience of my life. L.E.K. has proven itself to be among the elite consulting firms, up there with the Big 3, regardless of relative notoriety.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

First round was 2x 30 minute interviews with Consultant/Manager level staff. First was a traditional case, though accelerated, seemed to focus on math. Second was a more informaal, conversational/idea-generation case. Very quick! After pleasantries, we had only 20 min for cases.

Second round was: 1 hr for written case (given 30 slides, boil down to 7 slides to make presentation), then 30 minutes to go over case (20 min to present, 10 minutes of Q&A). Then 2 additional 30-min interviews with partners, which were "walk me through resume" and then a short case involving idea-generation & math.

Interview Questions

• Basically no behavioral component, went straight to case   Answer Question

Other offer

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Two back to back on campus interviews that lasted an hour each. The first interview was a case where the interviewer just wanted to know what type of questions you would ask in order to solve it. The second interview was a market sizing question. Each interviewer only asked one behavioral question before the case. My second interviewer had really analyzed my resume before hand and had highlighted certain parts and wrote certain questions on it that he had for me.

Interview Questions

• 1) Your client is an E-sports company that is looking to enter into a South American market. What questions should they consider when deciding which country to enter into?
      2) Estimate how many hours of Pandora music is played per year in the United States. If each song lasts around 3 minutes, how many songs is that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

First round consisted of two 30-minute interviews. First interview, with a partner, consisted of behavioral questions and a basic market sizing case. Second interview, with an engagement manager, consisted of a more in-depth problem. Interviewers were professional, but friendly. Unfortunately, as this was a phone interview, my connection kept dropping (something that usually never happens for me), which invariably had an impact.

Interview Questions

• You are driving past O'Hare Airport in Chicago and notice a number of empty parking garages near the airport. You think these garages could be used for long-term parking for people using the airport. You are trying to determine whether or not to purchase the garages. How would you go about making this decision?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I had back-to-back phone interviews with two consultants, each being 30 min long. I was provided brief profiles of my interviewers, who were friendly on the phone. With just a few minutes of small chat, we went straight into the case. One was a market sizing case and another was a typical profitability case, both were fairly easy to solve.

Interview Questions

• One was a market sizing case where you had to state your assumptions and the interviewer will also provide you with some numbers that you can do your calculations with. I'm afraid I can't remember the details of the other case.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (Boston, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

First round: two back-to-back 30 min case interviews on campus; Final round: three case interviews (including a case presentation).

Standard case interview questions and answers; be prepared for both quantitative and strategy cases.

Be prepared for standard behavioral and fit questions at the beginning of each interview.

L.E.K. wants to see you've done your research into the firm and the "Why L.E.K." question should be compelling and not generic.

Great sell event post-offer.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (Chicago, IL) in August 2010.

Interview

Two 30 minute phone interview. I am going into the office for in person interviews in 2 weeks.
    Phone interviews consisted of fit questions related to my resume and experience. Also, I recieved a brief case in each interview. These had to do with 1. Overall approach to assessing an acquisition; 2. How to assess a private equity investment.

Interview Questions

• Assess market size for a bio-tech device.   Answer Question
    • Overall approach to assessing an acquisition for a pharmaceutical company.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (Boston, MA) in March 2010.

Interview

Received an interview invite through on-campus resume drop. I was one of 12 MBA students interview on the day. It was pretty standard affair. A couple resume-based questions, and then straight to the case. The case was a marketing sizing question. I didn't handle that well at the beginning, but straighten up at the end. The interviewer was a consultant in the PE field. A very nice guy. I got the rejection a day after. Two of my classmates went on to teh second round at Boston office.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (Chicago, IL) in January 2010.

Interview

2 Rounds of interviews. The first round included a quant and a qual case. The final round included two more traditional cases, as well as a presentation/workflow gant based on a case (one hour to read and prepare). Overall, one of the better MBA interviewing processes.

Interview Questions

• Assign workflow to each team member over a 2 week period.   Answer Question