L.E.K. Consulting LIFE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

L.E.K. Consulting LIFE Interview Questions

Updated Apr 2, 2017

3.3

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting.

Interview

First round was two over-the-phone cases, and the final round was three in-person cases, including a presentation case. After the first round, I heard back the next day that I'd made it to the final round. After the final, I heard back within a few days about receiving an offer.

The interview process was professional and streamlined, and it left me with a positive impression of the firm and the people that worked there.

Interview Questions

• The first round was a quant case followed by a strategy case, and the final round was a strategy case, a quant, and a presentation case. Strategy cases included how to go about choosing one of two therapeutic areas for a early stage clinical asset and how a company should select office locations for a new facility. Quant questions included running through the classic patient model and estimating how many cars cross a local bridge in an hour / day.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

The recruiter emailed me and then called me. I went to their office and interviewed. It went well, but they apparently had already filled the spot. That was off putting. What was the point of interviewing me in the first place if they already filled the spot? Seemed kind of pointless to me.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting.

Interview

There were two first round interviews. One was a standard market entry case, and the other was a strategy/operations case (no calculations). A week after my first round interviews, I was invited to the final round interviews.

There were three final round interviews: a standard market sizing case, a conversational strategy case (no calculations), and a presentation/written case. It took slightly over two weeks to hear back. There was a recruitment event a few days before deadline to accept offer.

Interview Questions

• What would colleagues say about you after working with you for a year?
      What recent pharma/biotech news do you find interesting?   Answer Question

Life Sciences Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting.

Interview

Applied via Employee referral. Heard back within a week and since I am not in the same city as their offices, I was scheduled phone interview for the following week. There were two interviews back to back, 30 minutes each. 10 min fit, 15 - 20 min case and if time remains you get to ask questions.

The first interviewer called me about 7 minutes late and I was somewhat panicking by this time (was my phone working? Did I have a typo in my phone number...). The two interviewers were very friendly. The cases were interesting. The first interviewer was a Life Science Specialist and she gave me a market sizing case. Second person was a senior consultant who had a PhD and an MBA. He gave me a strategy case. Due to the delay in calling me, they were rushing to get through the case. I made a couple of errors and could have done much better if I wasn't rushed.

Seems like they were more interested in knowing if you can solve cases rather than if you are a good fit. Maybe they want to determine if you are a good fit when they call you for an onsite second round interview. It was my favorite company amongst all the ones I applied to... Hence I am really bummed to not get selected for round 2.

Interview Questions

• Estimate market size for a client wanting to sell an oral medicine for chronic constipation.   1 Answer
    • The client which is a small Biotech has a allergy medication for nasal and lung allergy. Which market should it pursue first   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

First round phone interview (2x 20 min case, 10 min behavioral), then final round interview on site in LA office. First round was relatively straightforward cases with one being a market sizing question. Second round was a written case with 2 other interviews.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you think you wouldn't like about working at LEK?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting.

Interview

First round phone, one market sizing, one case. Second round in person. three interviews including one case presentation, one business case, and one market sizing. Also included some standard fit questions (why LEK?, tell me more about this experience on your resume etc.)

Life Science Specialist Interview

Interview

The first round consisted of two phone interviews - 30 min each. 2nd round involved 3 interviews with directors. Interviews were very short (30min) and I felt rushed. The office was ugly and felt depressing.

Interview Questions

• Market sizing. How would you contribute to the LEK community outside of work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (Boston, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

Very well organized hiring process. I applied online and the interview process took 1 month

Interview Questions

• Unexpected question: what social cause you are most passionate about? how can joining LEK impact that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (Boston, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied via on-campus recruiting, got my application noticed by former supervisor (former LEKer) putting in a good word for me. Two case interviews over the phone with an LSS and a Consultant, followed by in-office interview consisting of three case/fit interviews with three different interviewers, one partner, two principals. Was called with offer about 1.5 weeks later by the partner. Recruitment mixer, dinner, and informational events occurred over two days, and happened about 3-4 days before deadline to accept offer.

Interview Questions

• Instead of telling me one of your strengths, or one of your weaknesses, tell me about something you are only average at.   Answer Question

Great salary, but lifestyle seems particularly bad, and promotion opportunities happen on a set schedule for LSSs. Chose an offer from a different consulting firm that paid similarly but offered ability to join at higher rank.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting in October 2013.

Interview

Coming from an atypical background (PhD Animal Sciences) I had networked hard to get invited to interview; Linked In, Info sessions any opportunity to find out more. Applied online and invited in for interviews, the first round was 2 x 30min interviews with current LSS, 10 mins fit questions, 10 mins case questions and 10 min Q&A. The final round was 3 x 30min interviews of the same format with Partners.

Interview Questions

• Market sizing for a new drug. Estimating the non compliance rate for a drug.   Answer Question