L.E.K. Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

L.E.K. Consulting Interview Questions

Updated May 10, 2017

3.4

Summer Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting in February 2016.

Interview

I was invited to interview for the company through a referral. The recruiter contacted me and scheduled a phone interview 2 weeks ahead, which is good as it gives you plenty of time to practice and research the company. The interview consisted of two 30 minute phone interviews with two different people. Each one asked me one or two behavioral, straight forward questions and then case questions. With the first interviewer I got a strategy case question and with the second one a market sizing one.

Interview Questions

• first case question: strategy question abut a tech company losing market share. What is the reason and what would you recommend them?
      second case: Market sizing question- how many bottles of wine are consumed in the US e=very year
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Resume drop with university, followed by first round. The first round was exclusively case based, and had almost no behavioral questions. The first case was quantitative, and included components of market sizing. The second was purely quantitative, and was more of a discussion of market strategies for a new product.

Interview Questions

• Size the market for luxury women's clothing, qualitative case about food product   Answer Question

Life Science Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

The recruiter emailed me and then called me. I went to their office and interviewed. It went well, but they apparently had already filled the spot. That was off putting. What was the point of interviewing me in the first place if they already filled the spot? Seemed kind of pointless to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Notified of and signed up for first rounds through University Recruiter. First round: two cases. One behavioral with a short market sizing and profitability analysis. The other one was a qualitative business strategy case. First interviewer was very engaging and friendly, while second interviewer was extremely stern. Be ready to go into detail with both cases and show that you're comfortable with math!

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

applied through campus. Hear back a week later. Interviewed. The interviewer seem very out of it and possibly high on something (but maybe just caffeine). The other interviewer seemed nice. The cases were all about math. Seemed kind of tedious. Helpful in knowing I don't want to work for them and that its mutual.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied through university career portal and was selected for a first round interview. Two back-to-back cases with different interviewers, each 30 minutes in length. Several behavioral questions sprinkled into each interview. One case was a strategy case in the healthcare industry that the first interviewer was currently working on. Another case was a marketing sizing case for a frozen cake manufacturer the second interviewer had worked on.

Summer Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting in January 2016.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews. First round was two 30 minute interviews one with an engagement manager and second with a senior consultant. Each interview has approx 10 minutes of fit and 20 minutes of case. Behavioral questions were very typical. Case was pretty straight-forward with a lot of brainstorming.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

First round consisted of two 30-minute interviews. First interview, with a partner, consisted of behavioral questions and a basic market sizing case. Second interview, with an engagement manager, consisted of a more in-depth problem. Interviewers were professional, but friendly. Unfortunately, as this was a phone interview, my connection kept dropping (something that usually never happens for me), which invariably had an impact.

Interview Questions

• You are driving past O'Hare Airport in Chicago and notice a number of empty parking garages near the airport. You think these garages could be used for long-term parking for people using the airport. You are trying to determine whether or not to purchase the garages. How would you go about making this decision?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting.

Interview

There were two first round interviews. One was a standard market entry case, and the other was a strategy/operations case (no calculations). A week after my first round interviews, I was invited to the final round interviews.

There were three final round interviews: a standard market sizing case, a conversational strategy case (no calculations), and a presentation/written case. It took slightly over two weeks to hear back. There was a recruitment event a few days before deadline to accept offer.

Interview Questions

• What would colleagues say about you after working with you for a year?
      What recent pharma/biotech news do you find interesting?
      Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (Boston, MA).

Interview

2 case interview questions. One quantitative and one strategy for the first round. Second round was 3 case questions with senior management at the home office I was applying for

Interview Questions

• What is the market for replacement wheels for airplanes?   Answer Question

See What L.E.K. Consulting Employees Are Saying

Star Star Star Star Star   Current Senior Engagement Manager in San Francisco, CA

Pros: “Strategy focus - MBB say they are "strategy" but a very high share of their business comes from multi-year implementation projects Lack of travel - strategy cases means we are...”“Strategy focus - MBB say they are "strategy" but a very high share of their business comes from multi-year implementation projects Lack of travel - strategy cases means we are more efficient working from our home office than the client site (I have been on ~4 travel cases in 7 years) Management responsibility - from Consultant onward the role is to manage Associates rather then work in PowerPoint and Excel yourself Entrepreneurial culture - being an MD at L.E.K. is essentially like running your own start-up with much less downside risk (albeit with less upside opportunity but the upside at L.E.K. is still big)” – Full Review