L.E.K. Consulting Life Science Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

L.E.K. Consulting Life Science Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at L.E.K. Consulting

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (New York, NY) in August 2018.

Interview

First round 30 minutes over the phone with fit and case. Final round in the office consisted of three 45 min interviews with two typical life science cases and a written (presentation) case.

Interview Questions

• You are representing a collection of dental practices looking to be purchased by a hospital system. The head of these practices thinks there is additional value to the hospital system that is not being appreciated. How would you value this practice?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for L.E.K. Consulting

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (Boston, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied via on-campus recruiting, got my application noticed by former supervisor (former LEKer) putting in a good word for me. Two case interviews over the phone with an LSS and a Consultant, followed by in-office interview consisting of three case/fit interviews with three different interviewers, one partner, two principals. Was called with offer about 1.5 weeks later by the partner. Recruitment mixer, dinner, and informational events occurred over two days, and happened about 3-4 days before deadline to accept offer.

Interview Questions

• Instead of telling me one of your strengths, or one of your weaknesses, tell me about something you are only average at.   Answer Question

Great salary, but lifestyle seems particularly bad, and promotion opportunities happen on a set schedule for LSSs. Chose an offer from a different consulting firm that paid similarly but offered ability to join at higher rank.

Life Sciences Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting.

Interview

First round phone, one market sizing, one case. Second round in person. three interviews including one case presentation, one business case, and one market sizing. Also included some standard fit questions (why LEK?, tell me more about this experience on your resume etc.)

Life Sciences Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting.

Interview

Applied via Employee referral. Heard back within a week and since I am not in the same city as their offices, I was scheduled phone interview for the following week. There were two interviews back to back, 30 minutes each. 10 min fit, 15 - 20 min case and if time remains you get to ask questions.

The first interviewer called me about 7 minutes late and I was somewhat panicking by this time (was my phone working? Did I have a typo in my phone number...). The two interviewers were very friendly. The cases were interesting. The first interviewer was a Life Science Specialist and she gave me a market sizing case. Second person was a senior consultant who had a PhD and an MBA. He gave me a strategy case. Due to the delay in calling me, they were rushing to get through the case. I made a couple of errors and could have done much better if I wasn't rushed.

Seems like they were more interested in knowing if you can solve cases rather than if you are a good fit. Maybe they want to determine if you are a good fit when they call you for an onsite second round interview. It was my favorite company amongst all the ones I applied to... Hence I am really bummed to not get selected for round 2.

Interview Questions

• Estimate market size for a client wanting to sell an oral medicine for chronic constipation.   1 Answer
    • The client which is a small Biotech has a allergy medication for nasal and lung allergy. Which market should it pursue first   Answer Question

Life Sciences Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting.

Interview

There were two first round interviews. One was a standard market entry case, and the other was a strategy/operations case (no calculations). A week after my first round interviews, I was invited to the final round interviews.

There were three final round interviews: a standard market sizing case, a conversational strategy case (no calculations), and a presentation/written case. It took slightly over two weeks to hear back. There was a recruitment event a few days before deadline to accept offer.

Interview Questions

• What would colleagues say about you after working with you for a year?
      What recent pharma/biotech news do you find interesting?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

First round phone interview (2x 20 min case, 10 min behavioral), then final round interview on site in LA office. First round was relatively straightforward cases with one being a market sizing question. Second round was a written case with 2 other interviews.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you think you wouldn't like about working at LEK?   Answer Question

Life Science Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting.

Interview

First round was two over-the-phone cases, and the final round was three in-person cases, including a presentation case. After the first round, I heard back the next day that I'd made it to the final round. After the final, I heard back within a few days about receiving an offer.

The interview process was professional and streamlined, and it left me with a positive impression of the firm and the people that worked there.

Interview Questions

• The first round was a quant case followed by a strategy case, and the final round was a strategy case, a quant, and a presentation case. Strategy cases included how to go about choosing one of two therapeutic areas for a early stage clinical asset and how a company should select office locations for a new facility. Quant questions included running through the classic patient model and estimating how many cars cross a local bridge in an hour / day.   Answer Question

Life Science Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting.

Interview

A little over a week after submitting an online application, I was emailed by the recruiter to set up a first-round phone interview. The actual interview was one hour total, consisting of two 30-minute interviews conducted by current Life Science Specialists from different offices. Both interviewers called promptly at the scheduled time. They briefly introduced themselves and asked a few questions to get to know me but then quickly got into the case. One case was quantitative (think: market sizing) and the other was focused on strategy. Both cases involved a biotech/pharma client. Once you are close to the 25-minute mark, they will wrap up (even if you haven't solved the case) and address any quick questions you have for them. I received a rejection email a few days later.

Interview Questions

• The client has developed a new therapy that may be effective in treating two different symptoms/diseases. Given that they can only afford to pursue one, for which indication should our client seek clinical testing?   Answer Question

Life Science Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting in September 2018.

Interview

The first round was two easy cases, one quant and one strategy. The second round was one written case with a partner, 1 quant case with a manager and 1 brain teaser with a partner. The second round was a very weird experience.

Life Science Specialist Interview

Interview

I submitted my resume online and heard back from them after a few days. First round interview was 2 30min phone interview with 2 LSS. Case were simple but obviously they had a script. If you went off it they were not very happy about it.