L.E.K. Consulting Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 28, 2017

3.2

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (New York, NY).

Interview

I appylied for Shanghai Office,the interview happened from Oct-Nov.2016, I interviewed through mobiles. Here is the process: pre-talk,1st round, 2nd round, director, partner, all in mandarin and no English
    Normally, LEK is quick at giving interview result

Interview Questions

• pretalk: 2behavior question and 1 mkt sizing
      1st R: aviation case
      2nd R: brainteaser relevant to Chinese history
      Answer Question

Life Science Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

The recruiter emailed me and then called me. I went to their office and interviewed. It went well, but they apparently had already filled the spot. That was off putting. What was the point of interviewing me in the first place if they already filled the spot? Seemed kind of pointless to me.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

2 30 min first round interviews as well as 3 30 min final round interviews in the office.
    Overall pretty standard for consulting (e.g., market sizing exercises, strategy cases, behavioral questions).

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in L.E.K. vs. other consulting firms?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

I applied online through their website and received an email inviting me for a first round phone interview. It consisted of two 30 minute interviews, both had a tiny behavioral component (just the standard why LEK? why consulting questions) and then moved straight to the case. One of the cases is pretty much completely quantitative about estimating market size and the other is a higher level, strategy case with no numbers. Make sure you stay structured and don't over complicate things, especially on the quantitative case.

Interview Questions

• Estimate the total revenues generated through alcoholic beverage sales on US airlines in a year.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

Submitted an application through LEK's online portal for entry-level Associate position. Received invitation for first-round interview from a current Associate, via email late one weeknight, and had two phone interviews two days later. Heard from the recruiter about making it to second round by the weekend, and went up to the NY office for the final superday the next week. Three interviews in a row, two with Managers and one with Partners.

Interview Questions

• Case involving auto companies.   1 Answer