L.E.K. Consulting Summer Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

L.E.K. Consulting Summer Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2017

3.1

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting.

Interview

Applied through university, standard first round case interviews at school followed by more case interviews on site with partners. The process took a couple of weeks from start to finish. Nothing too exciting to report.

Other Interview Reviews for L.E.K. Consulting

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting.

Interview

Two rounds of case interviews, one is qualitative and one is quantitative (market sizing). They leave time in the end to ask questions. I feel that there was a lot of answer leading in the interview (the interviewer wanted a specific answer and the interviewee had to guess it) but not much guidance was provided as to how the answer should be given.

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through target school university recruiting with resume/transcript/cover letter. I didn't attend the information session or network at the Career Fair. I received a first round interview, but not a second round. There were two different interviewers. Both were very nice and asked basic behaviorals (Tell me about yourself, Why Consulting?, Why L.E.K.?) and then a small case from each

Interview Questions

• Estimate the market size of TV's in the US
      (Largely qualitative) growth strategy for chicken/beef processing firm with flat sales
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Resume drop with university, followed by first round. The first round was exclusively case based, and had almost no behavioral questions. The first case was quantitative, and included components of market sizing. The second was purely quantitative, and was more of a discussion of market strategies for a new product.

Interview Questions

• Size the market for luxury women's clothing, qualitative case about food product   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Notified of and signed up for first rounds through University Recruiter. First round: two cases. One behavioral with a short market sizing and profitability analysis. The other one was a qualitative business strategy case. First interviewer was very engaging and friendly, while second interviewer was extremely stern. Be ready to go into detail with both cases and show that you're comfortable with math!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied through university career portal and was selected for a first round interview. Two back-to-back cases with different interviewers, each 30 minutes in length. Several behavioral questions sprinkled into each interview. One case was a strategy case in the healthcare industry that the first interviewer was currently working on. Another case was a marketing sizing case for a frozen cake manufacturer the second interviewer had worked on.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Notified of first round interview via e-mail. Scheduled through University Recruiter.
    First round: Two phone interviews. Second-year associate and engagement manager. Case format, one strategy, one quant.
    Second (and final) round: In-office interviews. Two managers, one partner. Two cases (strategy, quant), one behavioral.

Cases are relatively straightforward, incorporating the typical case elements including market-sizing, pricing, and growth.

Interview Questions

• (a) Market sizing of over-the-counter and prescription drug markets
      (b) Market analysis
      (c) Market strategy
      (d) Profitability
      Answer Question
    • Strategy case: Pricing question regarding gasoline supplier for private jets. Differences between airports with monopolistic competition and single-seller monopolies.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

2 case interviews, 30 minutes each, pretty standard as far as case interviews go, the interviewers were friendly and not out to scare you. About ten minutes is saved for resume questions at the beginning of the interview. This was only the first round though, for the second round the interview may have been more intense

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting.

Interview

Applied through my school's job website, was selected for a first round interview. Consisted of two half hour long interviews with some of their younger associates. First 5ish minutes of the interview was very standard - talked about my background, why I wanted to work there, why I was interested in consulting. The next 15-20 minutes consisted of a case question and then the final few minutes were devoted to asking any questions I had to the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• One of the case questions asked was how much revenue would a cruise ship make per trip. The other was a market sizing question for a new rain product.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting in March 2014.

Interview

Applied through my school's website where LEK posted a job description for Interns at their office. I sent in my materials and got a call back about 2 weeks later from their HR department to schedule an interview, which took place a week later.
    The interview process itself was fairly standard for consulting companies: 4 interviews with a length of about 45 minutes each. About 10 minutes was devoted to resume questions at the start of each interview. Those questions were all fairly simple and sometimes repeated themselves in later interviews-no bs like "What's your biggest failure so far" which I appreciate. Each interview then had a case question which got progressively more complicated, starting with very straightforward market sizing to a very general market entry question. From what I was told, the process is similar for full time entry with one additional interview.
    The atmosphere at the office was very friendly with drinks and food available and everyone I met made a great impression on me. They got back to me with the results the next day which was also appreciated.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected; in fact, the resume question were very straightforward (more just a retelling of my experiences so far and why I'd like to join LEK).   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was told I was accepted on the phone and sent a contract; no negotiations for Summer Associates I imagine