L.E.K. Consulting Summer Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

L.E.K. Consulting Summer Consultant Interview Questions

3.6

Summer Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting in February 2016.

Interview

I was invited to interview for the company through a referral. The recruiter contacted me and scheduled a phone interview 2 weeks ahead, which is good as it gives you plenty of time to practice and research the company. The interview consisted of two 30 minute phone interviews with two different people. Each one asked me one or two behavioral, straight forward questions and then case questions. With the first interviewer I got a strategy case question and with the second one a market sizing one.

Interview Questions

• first case question: strategy question abut a tech company losing market share. What is the reason and what would you recommend them?
    second case: Market sizing question- how many bottles of wine are consumed in the US e=very year
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for L.E.K. Consulting

Summer Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting in January 2016.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews. First round was two 30 minute interviews one with an engagement manager and second with a senior consultant. Each interview has approx 10 minutes of fit and 20 minutes of case. Behavioral questions were very typical. Case was pretty straight-forward with a lot of brainstorming.

Summer Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting.

Interview

Dropped resume, got an interview call. Two Back to back cases in first round with different interviewers. Nothing behavioral. One would be a typical consulting case, expect a market sizing case in the other. Interviewers were pretty chilled out - not stressful like MBB interview.

Interview Questions

• Estimate market size of playground equipments in the US   Answer Question
    • Had a case on a ferry that runs between 2 countries. How would you segment customers, how would you increase revenues?   Answer Question

Summer Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting in January 2015.

Interview

Round 1: I had two back to back interviews on Phone. Both were case based, first one was a market sizing case and second one was a strategy case. In addition to that, they asked the basic questions such as Why LEK, Why MBA etc. The second one was good for me, in the first one I calculated the market size but couldn't answer the other questions properly.

Interview Questions

• After the market sizing case, the interviewer asked me some questions related to analysis of the case. For example: Benefits and risks of the strategy mentioned. That was a tough one.   Answer Question

Summer Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (Sydney (Australia)) in August 2015.

Interview

The recruiting process is very efficient. They called me up about two weeks after application for the first round of interview. This consists of three back to back interviews with three different consultants and each lasts for half an hour. Within that 30 minutes, it is a mixture of behavioral and case questions. The consultants are very nice and genuinely want to help with solving the case. The second round is two 30 minutes discussions with partners.

Summer Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting in February 2011.

Interview

Very short interviews compared to other consulting firms. The 1st round is two half hour interviews that go quickly. Be prepared for one life sciences case as L.E.K. is well known and does a lot of work in life sciences. The 2nd round is three interviews with one manager and two partners. The cases are more fluid with a behavioral interview as well. Also be prepared to present a deck as well.

Interview Questions

• They will ask you to take a look at data and present a deck based on that data.   1 Answer