L.L. Bean Interview Questions in Maine | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.2

Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L.L. Bean (Freeport, ME) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a board interview. It had two salaried managers, a current truck driver, and a truck driver coordinator. They take turns asking preselected questions form their generic question sheet.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that you expect from your management/leaders in your department?   1 Answer

Cook/Kitchen Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bath, ME

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L.L. Bean (Bath, ME) in September 2016.

Interview

Met with owner/manager and discussed the needs of the business and how I could contribute to their success. Met the other team members where we presented our experiences and background. Listened to the vision of the owner.managers and how they plan to achieve their goals for the business. Was given the opportunity to ask questions and make comments regarding the operation of the business and share my part of the owner.managers vision.

Interview Questions

• Experience/background, availability, skill level   1 Answer

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Freeport, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at L.L. Bean (Freeport, ME) in July 2016.

Interview

Was non stressful conditions, seemed to go off of a computer generated questionnaire. Checked computer skills and accuracy. I went business casual, others showed up in khakis and polo. Show up a few minutes early, they seemed to like that.

Interview Questions

• How has my past jobs correlated with the jobs I am applying for in the warehouse?   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, ME

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L.L. Bean (Freeport, ME) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied to multiple positions online. The application is straight forward. Received an email a few months after applying for the first position. Conducted a phone interview with an HR rep. Questions were fairly standard about experience and why you want to apply for LL Bean. I then was asked to take a few tests.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Freeport, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at L.L. Bean (Freeport, ME) in November 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview process. We were asked to introduce ourselves and what we thought was important about customer service. We teamed up with another member to give a presentation about the Discovery School. We also had to pick a product that was on a table in the room and sell it to the group. It was fun.

Interview Questions

• The register's are busy! A long line of customers is winding past the ropes. What do you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't really one. The folks that were hired were asked to stay and the ones that didn't get through left at that point. It was short and sweet.

Customer Satisfaction Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Litchfield, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at L.L. Bean (Litchfield, ME) in October 2015.

Interview

Phone interview to set up in person interview. Met with hiring manager ask standard questions. Took a 5 minute computer skill test.Received a phone offering the position about 1 week later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Set hourly base pay.

Csr1 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangor, ME

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L.L. Bean (Bangor, ME) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online and then had an interview, I was very nervous because although I have worked in customer service before I had never worked as a phone rep they asked me to pretend I was a rep and the interviewer pretended she was a customer and I thought for sure I've just blown it I'm not going to get hired but I was, I went home and said to my mother they must hire everyone because I thought I did awful but I ended up thriving at my job, I was with them for 7 years and would still be with them if the call center I worked at hadn't closed, and the next closest one is about 2 hrs away from where I live

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Freeport, ME

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L.L. Bean (Freeport, ME) in September 2015.

Interview

Group interview with two members of the L.L. Bean management (store manager/assistant manager team members) conducting the interview. The interview was informal -- some applicants wore shorts and were offered positions. The decision to offer positions seemed to be based on individual experiences, quality of answers, and credibility of the applicant in offering service in a store focused on out-door activities. Unique skills -- like fluency in foreign language -- were valued.

Interview Questions

• Four fairly basic questions -- individual background, how would you help advance the brand, role of social media, what unique qualities would you as an applicant bring to the LL Bean customer experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation -- fixed hourly wage.

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Freeport, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at L.L. Bean (South Freeport, ME) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with HR recruiter...phone interview with hiring manager. Flown out to Freeport for an all day panelist format interview. Interviewed with 2-3 people every hour....the panelists consisted of all or a sampling of the team you would be working with. Be prepared to answer how you would fit into the LL Bean culture.

Seasonal Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Freeport, ME

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at L.L. Bean (Freeport, ME) in June 2015.

Interview

The process was informal. I met with the Store Manager in a location near the store and discussed myself, the company and the position for about 30 minutes. At the conclusion of the interview, I was told that the hiring process would begin immediately to get me working as soon as possible.