L.L. Bean Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

L.L. Bean Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L.L. Bean.

Interview

Interviewer was friendly, knowledgable, transparent and professional throughout. Interviewer also interviewed me at the same time as another candidate without telling me until I arrived for the interview, which was intentional. Interviewer also explained the joint interview would be mandatory. I don't know if it's a company wide thing, or if it's exclusive to seasonal hires, but it's something to keep in the back of your mind as a possibility.

Interview Questions

• The only thing out of the ordinary here was the interviewer asking me and my co-interviewee to grab a random object from a bag and pretend to sell a customer (the interviewer) on it.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for L.L. Bean

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at L.L. Bean.

Interview

Had to apply online then got notified that I was being selected for an Interview. We all were to meet at the local mall and participated in a group interview. They asked a series of questions that we would answer popcorn style. Then we were asked to "sell" various products that they gave us. We were then told to construct a tent in groups. They then took a number of people aside and notified them that they had NOT received the job, and those of us who did get the job were pulled into a circle to talk about next steps. All went pretty quickly and we were hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions around customer service (huge part of the company)   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L.L. Bean.

Interview

Group interview, group activities, followed by a hiring decision. This was for part-time seasonal work. Very social atmosphere. Very positive vibe. They made a point of selling the idea of working for the company, even though the primary objective of the interview was to evaluate me (us) & determine whether to make an offer.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L.L. Bean in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online and was called in for group interview with a team from management. We were asked to do selling scenario and then advised if we were a good fit for the job. I applied as a seasonal employee.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L.L. Bean (McLean, VA) in September 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed in September and was hired relatively quickly. I was given the option to have a very flexible schedule which was awesome. The interview was a group interview and the guy with me didn't make it. He wasn't very friendly. I wore khaki pants and a nice shirt and that was definitely appropriate.

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L.L. Bean (Manchester, NH) in May 2012.

Interview

basic questions about what do you feel customer service is, tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer, how did you deal with a conflict in a previous job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Haven't negotiated pay yet, trying to figure out the whole scheduling thing since I work a full time schedule with staggered shifts

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L.L. Bean (McLean, VA) in September 2009.

Interview

Walked in when they were desperate for future holiday help. Got hired on the spot. No drug test, background check or anything.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, but lots of opportunities for raises and they paid well to begin with.