L.L. Bean Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

L.L. Bean Sales Representative Interview Questions

2.1

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Freeport, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at L.L. Bean (Freeport, ME) in November 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview process. We were asked to introduce ourselves and what we thought was important about customer service. We teamed up with another member to give a presentation about the Discovery School. We also had to pick a product that was on a table in the room and sell it to the group. It was fun.

Interview Questions

• The register's are busy! A long line of customers is winding past the ropes. What do you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't really one. The folks that were hired were asked to stay and the ones that didn't get through left at that point. It was short and sweet.

Other Interview Reviews for L.L. Bean

Anonymous Employee in Saucon Valley, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L.L. Bean (Saucon Valley, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

One of the managers held a group interview. This involved a brief seminar on workplace values, employee conduct, and basic functions as a sales representative. The manager then had two exercises. The first was "selling" an item to him; we were given a random store item and had to describe its qualities to the manager as if we were describing it to a customer. The second was a common sense exercise in which you were given a situation and had to choose several objects from a list and explain why you chose them. There were no correct answers, but you needed to have a good reason for selecting them.

Interview Questions

• You are stranded on an island three miles from shore. You know the general direction of the mainland. Which of the following rowing items would you take and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at L.L. Bean (McLean, VA).

Interview

Applied online, got an email a few days later inviting me to a group interview, showed up and talked with the store manager. It was mainly the routine questions, and then we were giving a bag full of pretty well known items, we had to choose one and sell it.

Interview Questions

• What qualifications do you have, tell me about some time you had to work with a computer database, what does good customer service mean to you, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, but the starting pay is decent for retail and there is opportunity to move up.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at L.L. Bean (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online and showed up at the store when they called me. Went into the back break room and had a group interview with four other people. Was asked to pick a product and sell to the hiring person at L.L. Bean. Overall, it was very easy and I would recommend you sharpen up your people skills with good eye contact, handshake and smile.

Interview Questions

• What is good customer service? Sell me this hat (or other product you pick from a bag).   Answer Question

Negotiation

Presented the hourly wage over the phone.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L.L. Bean.

Interview

After submitting an online application (with résumé) I received a call for an in person group interview. It was a very informal interview with about 4 other candidates and one hiring manager where we were asked normal retail questions such as when we went above and beyond for a customer, what drew us to L.L. Bean.

Interview Questions

• We were asked to assemble a tent as a group, and I believe that how we worked together primarily was what determined if we got a call back.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at L.L. Bean (Boston, MA) in November 2012.

Interview

The interview process was with one of the managers. It was during the holiday season, their busiest time of year, so they were hiring many seasonal employees. It was a very comfortable interview, and more conversational about past retail experience and upcoming availability. One other person was interviewed with me, it did not feel competitive, and we were both offered the job.

Interview Questions

• My availability, how I've handled overwhelmingly busy work situations in the past.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at L.L. Bean in May 2011.

Interview

Received a call after submitting an application online. Was a one on one interview with the hiring manager. Simple questions:

1.) What do you know about L.L Bean?
    2.) Why do you want to work here?

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with an unruly customer while ensuring that both L.L Bean and that customer are satisfied in the end?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L.L. Bean in May 2012.

Interview

Received a phone call that I was invited to a group interview at a hotel. The new store was not finished yet. The group interview went smoothly with multiple groups running simultaneously. It was a relaxed atmosphere. They made their decisions on the spot. My advice is don't be an over-achiever, that individual in our group did not get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Put together a tent with the group.   1 Answer