L'Oréal Assistant Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

L'Oréal Assistant Marketing Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at L'Oréal (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

phone screen with the HR, the HR was very helpful and nice but she is not working there anymore. Then I met with the hiring manager the next day. She has a very messy desk but very nice person. Offer on the same day. French.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for L'Oréal

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L'Oréal (New York, NY) in October 2007.

Interview

Half an hour, on-campus interview with someone from HR. Were looking for someone with tangible marketing experience, which I didn't have as an undergrad. I found the rejection email to be offensive -- obviously a cut and paste job.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview

I had a phone interview and a Skype interview. The process wasn't finished but I never heard from them after that, even after some follow-up emails and calls.
    The recruiter emailed me to schedule a phone interview. That interview lasted about 30 minutes. At the end we scheduled the Skype interview. That second interview was with the same recruiter and more in depth and lasted about 45 min.

Interview Questions

• What are new products trends that you see in cosmetics? In which of our brands would you see these new products and why?   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in December 2015.

Interview

I was invited to attend an interview after submitting my resume and cover letter on the L'Oreal website. Everything went pretty smoothly as you could expect from a multinational.

On the first interview session I directly got to see the regional manager of the Travel Retail APAC (Asia-Pacific). She asked some basic questions about my resume and everything went pretty well. However, I did not get the job.

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in December 2015.

Interview

4 interviews with HR Recruiting Director, HR Division Director, Brand Manager, Marketing Director
    Interview was for entry level position ; all kinds of questions; about my background; my interests ; my strengths; personal life; clearly they wanted to see my personality and my motivations; asked a few questions on marketing i.e; you have a product launch coming up; what are the key success factors to have it succeed?

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Brussels (Belgium)) in January 2015.

Interview

After I applied for this position on the website, I got an email to set a time for a phone interview. The phone screening was done by an HR-intern from the company, she asked me a few basic questions, interview took only 5 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions like 'Why do you want to work here?', 'Tell me about a problem you solved in a unique way?' 'What do you expect from the job?',...   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Madrid (Spain)) in December 2014.

Interview

Three interviews. First one was easy, the two following ones were a bit hard. First one focuses on your experience, college.... The next ones are more marketing focused. You need to prove you have analytical skills above all (interpreting numbers and figures you are given) and also creative skills (they show you ads and ask you how do you feel about them, what would you change...)

Marketing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at L'Oréal in November 2014.

Interview

They reached me through my university CV book, as they are highly interested in undergraduate students. As the office was not in my hometown, they asked whether skyping would work for me. I had one single interview with the manager of the HR department and the manager of Marketing department.

Interview Questions

• Abstract questions, they are interested in people with high interpersonal and soft skills, rather than analytical or mathematical reasoning skills. "What does beauty mean?" is a common question.   1 Answer

I didn't want to focus on a single department. Few flexibility.

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Brandstorm marketing competition

Interview Questions

Negotiation

fair

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

3 interviews:
    1st - HR: General questions about my CV and experiences. Interview lasted 30-45 mins.
    2nd - Marketing Director: Had to prepare two 10 minute presentations prior to the interview. (What is your brand? and What brand do you want to work for?). Behavioral questions after the presentations. Interview lasted one hour.
    3rd - VP: General personality questions. Much more conversational than the other interviews. Interview lasted 1.5 hours.

The entire process took one month.

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because I was pleased with the original offer.