L'Oréal Interview Questions in Clark, NJ | Glassdoor

3.2

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clark, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Clark, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

I had a panel interview with a couple of the engineers. They asked me a range of questions from personal to skill questions. It was ultimately to see if I were a good fit for their division. Pretty standard interview, be honest to your resume as they are going off of that most of the time.

Interview Questions

• Why choose L'Oreal?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if your co-workers were to come all at once for your help while you are in the middle of doing something?   1 Answer

Senior CHEMIST Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Clark, NJ).

Interview

There are a few levels in the R&I Team. Starting From an Intern to Associate Chemist, Chemist, SR. Chemist, and SR. Chemist II.

First was an email from HR Director to set up a time to talk (AKA Phone Screen 30-40mins). Mostly about previous experience and whu I was looking for a new role. Next set up time to speak with department manager for a technical phone interview (30-45 mins). Questions were about my experience with working with category specific products (I.e. Skin Care, hair care, and actives). Got invited on-site to meet with department category VP (30 mins). Next with HR in person (20 mins). Next phone conference with a different category. Next day got invited to Skype with HRs boss and category Director. Offer was made following week. Drug test and background took a few days to clear. LOreal has been known to take 2-3 months for an interview/ onboarding but since my role was really needed due to high priority projects they can move super fast.

Interview Questions

• What type of preservatives would you use in a hydro alcoholic formulation, O/W Emulsion, W/O.   1 Answer
    • How to determine an ingredients solubility?   1 Answer
    • What drives you?   Answer Question

Senior CHEMIST Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Clark, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email from HR asking for a phone interview two days later. I then was turned down for the job. After one week I was told that i was no longer being pursued for the position. Two weeks later a talent recruiter called me and asked if I would be interested in a different position. I said yes and was then had another phone interview with HR two days later. The next week I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. Two weeks after that I had a skype interview with another person, and two days later I was flown out to New Jersey to interview with six other persons (hiring manager, assistant vice president, managers from two other similar teams, and two HR persons). Three weeks after the interview I received a phone call from HR saying that I was offered the job. The next day I received a welcome packet in the mail.
    Throughout the entire process, the HR team kept me informed of where I was at in the interview process. I would say that the overall process was long, but was much more organized and helpful than many other companies. The talent acquisition team at L'Oreal appear to know how to attract and run a good recruiting program.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you made a big mistake at work, and then discuss how you handled it. What were the results of your efforts to correct it?   1 Answer
    • Give me an example of how you employed a creative solution to a problem or project where traditional methods did not initially work? Were you successful?   1 Answer
    • Describe in basic terminology how oxidation color chemistry is different from free dye chemistry.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Wasn't too terribly difficult. They offered me something in the range of what I wanted, and I accepted.

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Clark, NJ).

Interview

I applied online and was contact by email for an HR person. The next week I had 5 interviews at the same day, with HR and technical team people. I had an answer 2 weeks after that.

Interview Questions

• Why I would like to L'Oreal. Why I though I was a good candidate. My background, etc.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clark, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Clark, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

interviewed with numerous people after a basic phone screening. Met with a panel where they all asked me basic interview questions. Liked that I had project management experience. Internships are project based so this was definitely a plus.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Clark, NJ) in December 2015.

Interview

I met the recruiters at a conference's career fair. They acted perfunctory at the career fair and I thought I wasn't gonna get contacted, however, after two weeks they contacted me and a few others for a technical phone interview. They flew us in and we had dinner with a few managers and some current MDPs, which was a nice gesture and a cool experience.
    The panel interview was conducted at their operations headquarter in Clark, NJ the second day. A few managers from other plants came in. The interview process was kind of difficult in my opinion but I had no pressure, since I already knew a lot about beauty and the company. We participated in a case study first, where they gave you a scenario and observed how the candidates interact/come up with solutions/present etc. Then we have to do a presentation about ourselves and speak 15 minutes (individually). After the presentation, the panel interviewers asked typical interview questions, such as "what's your weakness", "why L'Oreal" etc. I heard back from them after 1 week or 2 after the on-site interview.

Associate Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clark, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Clark, NJ).

Interview

The interview went pretty well. It did not take that long as others interviews. The interviewers were very nice and very respectful. They made me feel very comfortable.the interview went very smooth and the questions were not that hard. just the usual interview questions

Interview Questions

• whats your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Packaging Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Clark, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

Thorough Interview. Emphasis in technical knowledge and project management. Must be able to provide details of previous experience. Must be able to provide good examples of how past experience will apply to position being applied for.

Instrumental EvaluationScientist Interview

Application

Interview

Had the typical HR phone interview, with the basic screening questions, then a few weeks later I had a phone interview with someone in R&I (basically the same questions as before). Each lasted roughly an hour. Then I was invited for an onsite interview in Clark, NJ. Lasted roughly 2.5 hours and spoke with HR and R&I people. Most were very nice and asked me questions about my experience and previous research. It was pretty disorganized though -I was scheduled to start at noon, and pretty much everyone I spoke with seemed more concerned about getting their lunch in than conducting a solid interview. I waited around for the last person I was scheduled with for a half an hour while I was told she was out running errands, and then she rushed the interview to make a meeting she was then late for (NOT good interview etiquette!). Since I was from out of town, they put me up in a nice nearby hotel the night before, so it wasn't all bad.

Interview Questions

• How would your previous research experience translate to this job?   Answer Question

Processing Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clark, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Clark, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

After submitting my resume, I was contacted by their HR department, who then set up a phone interview with me. I spoke with the manager of R&I (the department that the position was located in), generally discussing myself, why I wanted to work for L'Oreal, and the details of the position. I was then chosen for a face-to-face interview with the same employee I spoke with on the phone, along with the VP of R&I and their HR director. Although they were all very personable and easy to talk to, the interview itself was a bit harsh. They had a list of questions that they were required to ask me in order to evaluate how I would perform in this position, and it required a lot of thinking on my feet and careful wording. However, they were not impossible questions to answer. Most consisted of questioning how I would handle myself in certain situations, and how I would go about attacking certain problems. Overall, the process (from initial resume submission to final interview) took about 2 to 2.5 weeks

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been faced with a situation where you decided to go against the grain and perform a task or responsibility in a manner completely different from standard operating procedures?   1 Answer