L'Oréal Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Redmond, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone screen with external recruiter, followed by a phone interview with the hiring/engineering manager. Final phone interview was with both a second engineering manager and the engineering director. One face to face interview for a half day with 3 engineers, 2 engineering managers, and the engineering director, plus HR for you to ask any HR related questions.

I was applying from out of state, during the entire process they continued to remind me there was no budget for relocation, which I was ok with given a reasonable offer. Before each phone interview this was brought up. When it was time for a face-to-face interview, they were reluctant to fly me out there -they wanted to be certain I would accept an offer if one was given. Without an offer on the table, I couldn't make that promise. Luckily, I was able to make arrangements so it wouldn't cost them anything for me to come out there -but it required vacation time and money on my part. After the interview, that I thought went generally well, I was told they decided they wanted to pursue candidates with less experience and lower salary requirements (which I made clear from the first phone screen).

I'm not bitter because I didn't get an offer. I accepted a more interesting opportunity elsewhere in the Seattle area -so offer or not I probably wouldn't have ended up working here. But I am pretty annoyed that during the entire process they continually wanted to make sure I was serious about working there, when in the end (after time and money out of my pocket), they apparently had no idea what kind of candidate they wanted to hire.

Interview Questions

• Almost all questions revolved around your experience with the requirements of the job. Troubleshooting, documentation, working with suppliers, what technical software you have used in the past.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for L'Oréal

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal in October 2010.

Interview

I was asked to phone interview at 10 pm on a Friday Night which was slightly strange. But the phone interview lasted 15 minutes and I was just asked 2 behavioral questions- a problem that I dealt with, and a team work example. And there was some time for me to ask her questions. I did not go through with the second interview because I already received another job offer.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L'Oréal in April 2010.

Interview

They contacted me and asked me if I wanted to interview, after the phone interview they never got back in touch with me. Asked mostly behavioral type questions. It was more difficult than I had hoped because I wasn't really ever sure for what position I was interviewing for. On the whole not the best interview experience.