L'Oréal Interview Questions in France | Glassdoor

L'Oréal Interview Questions in France

Updated May 19, 2017

3.1

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Levallois-Perret (France)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Levallois-Perret (France)) in May 2017.

Interview

First, recruiters introduce us (we were six candidates) the company, its brands, its values, its way of thinking and working. Then in pairs, we had to discuss to know the other and be able to present him in two minutes and after that choose a photo which represents him. After we have worked together about a business case which we choosen two topics to discuss it front of recruiters (employer branding, recruitment plan). I think they evaluated our team spirit, the way we work in group and our HR vision. After, each of us had to present a pitch about one HR innovation in three minutes. Then we had to make a speed feedback about our HR Assessment experience and the recruiters made one about us. Lastly, they explained to us what is the next step and we left.

In my opinion, I think it's a good way to recruit candidates to getting out of their comfort zone and to learn from others. We share best practices, background, perspectives and so one. Recruiters act in manner to put candidates at ease, it was a great experience.

Human Resources Internpreneur Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Paris (France)) in April 2017.

Interview

It was an assesment center. It was in 3 parts.
    First we had to introduce one of the other cabdidate. After we worked together (we were 4) on a business case. Finally we pitched an HR innovation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Paris (France)) in April 2017.

Interview

I was selected for the HR Assessment Center. but I don't have the final answer yet
    We were 4 candidates and the assessment was divided in 3 exercices.
    The atmosphere was really nice and welcoming and the other candidates were also nice people. I had a great time !

Interview Questions

• Exercise 1 :
      Talk with one of the candidates and present him/her. You have 3 minutes to introduce your partner, express his/her personality.
      Exercise 2 :
      All candidates act as a team to solve a business case. We had around 20 minutes to to present our results. In our case, we had to present our recruitment plan for a high tech start up.
      Exercise 3:
      Presentation of an HR innovation of your choice.
      2 Answers

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Clichy (France)) in April 2017.

Interview

The assessment was divided in different moments (we can't say steps because it was in a very nice atmosphere) :
    -A presentation of L'Oreal and the HR in the group
    -A discussion with anyone in the room followed by a presentation of him/her to the others focusing on the reasons why he/she should enter L'Oreal
    -A case-study with 2 questions to answer with the whole group followed by questions
    -An innovation in HR to share with the group followed by comments/questions

Interview Questions

• In the case study, we had to choose 2 questions to answer. My team chose to answer a question about the communication strategy for a new product on the market.   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clichy (France)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Clichy (France)) in March 2017.

Interview

Assessment center - Duration : 2h30
    we were less than 10 people during the assessment.

1st exercise : introduce our "neighbor" and define him/her
    2nd exercise : work on a strategy for a brand new company in 30 minutes and then pitch it in 2 minutes.

3rd exercise : present an innovative concept of HR management (application, process...)

Interview Questions

• After each exercise, what do you think of this / this... ?   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Paris (France)) in December 2016.

Interview

Two interviews, one with the Human Resources and another with the group's leader. Both could be done in english which made everything easier. The interview process had a little mistake regarding a communication process between the departments but it was very good overall.

Interview Questions

• What kind of projects you already did that can show you your skills in this field?   1 Answer

Human Resources BusinessParis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Paris (France)) in October 2016.

Interview

I attended the Assessment Center on Wednesday the 19th of October with 8 other candidates. The Assessment Center started by a short presentation of the company with its key figures. Then we had a first exercise where we had to discuss with someone else and after, to introduce him. The second exercise was a group case in which we had to answer several questions. Finally, each of us had to pitch an innovation that caught our attention recently. After those three exercises, we had a short discussion as a feedback.

Interview Questions

• Why would I be able to work with my neighbor ?   Answer Question
    • How to attract people in our company when we offer lower wages ?   Answer Question
    • When is the best time to recrute students in their schools ?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clichy (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Clichy (France)) in October 2016.

Interview

The first step was an interview with the Human Resources. It was a group interview. Firstly, I had to present myself in a original way. Then I had to present an innovation related to cosmetic gadget for men. Finally by group of three we had the choice to present in English one innovation or a combination of the three innovation.
    After succeeding this first step of the recruitment, I have had a technical interview.

Interview Questions

• during the technical interview: explain why adding salt increase the viscosity in a shampoo formulation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Paris (France)) in September 2016.

Interview

I was invited to an assessment center with 7 other candidates, and we had 3 different exercises where we had to work together on a business case and to interact to present each other.
    It was an original and interesting experience.

Interview Questions

• Present an HR innovation that can bring a solution to a an important business challenge for companies   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Paris (France)) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview has been organized in a group assessment made up of 8 candidates, who were asked to accomplish three exercises. A mutual presentation made by in couple. A case study to be solved in one teamwork. A presentation about an HR challenge, to be prepared in advance. Finally, at the end of the assessment has been provided a session of further questions and feedbacks.

Interview Questions

• How would you organize a recruitment plan in order to fullfil a set of sustainable conditions for a new production project?   Answer Question