L'Oréal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Senior CHEMIST Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Clark, NJ).

Interview

There are a few levels in the R&I Team. Starting From an Intern to Associate Chemist, Chemist, SR. Chemist, and SR. Chemist II.

First was an email from HR Director to set up a time to talk (AKA Phone Screen 30-40mins). Mostly about previous experience and whu I was looking for a new role. Next set up time to speak with department manager for a technical phone interview (30-45 mins). Questions were about my experience with working with category specific products (I.e. Skin Care, hair care, and actives). Got invited on-site to meet with department category VP (30 mins). Next with HR in person (20 mins). Next phone conference with a different category. Next day got invited to Skype with HRs boss and category Director. Offer was made following week. Drug test and background took a few days to clear. LOreal has been known to take 2-3 months for an interview/ onboarding but since my role was really needed due to high priority projects they can move super fast.

Interview Questions

• What type of preservatives would you use in a hydro alcoholic formulation, O/W Emulsion, W/O.   1 Answer
    • How to determine an ingredients solubility?   1 Answer
    • What drives you?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview

Did a phone interview and then an in-person, which was basically just a presentation about my greatest accomplishment and questions about it. It was a panel of 4 interviewers. One was kind of rude, 2 looked disinterested. Barely asked any questions.

Interview Questions

• What difficulties did you go thorough to get this accomplishment?   Answer Question

Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L'Oréal in September 2017.

Interview

online questionnaire - you fill out the online application and submit cover letter and resume. Within the app there are multiple questions about why you want to work there etc

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2017.

Interview

I met the recruiters at a career fair and talked to both engineers and HR. I was invited back the next day for a behavioral interview with two interviewers. Before the interview, they gave a group of us a presentation about L'Oreal and then took everyone back individually. The interview was very typical with questions mainly coming off my resume.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you took initiative at a previous job.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley Heights, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Berkeley Heights, NJ) in September 2017.

Interview

From the initial email to the job offer was a little over 2 months.

I was first contacted by a recruiter by email for a request for an initial phone screening. The questions were very basic and reflected the job description, e.g. why L'Oreal, how are your Excel skills, salary requirements.

After the initial phone screen, I was contacted to set up a Skype/phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and was a very basic first interview. Following this interview, I received follow-up that they would like to for me to do an in-person panel interview in NJ. I was required to prepare a 15 minute presentation that I was given info about prior to the interview. The whole interview lasted about 1.5 hours and included time for questions and a case study. Following the in-person interview, I was asked to complete two more phone interviews with directors from two of their facilities. Those each lasted about 30-40 minutes.

Following the phone interviews, I received an offer about a week later and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Define failure. Tell us about a time you felt like you failed.   Answer Question

Development Co-op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview

3 Phone Interviews over the course of a few weeks. Basic behavioral questions and need to have understanding of the company. Process was very smooth and organized by HR. HR is very helpful.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions, know about the company and why you want to work for them   Answer Question

Material Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Dallas, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

2 phone interviews and 1 face-to-face. The face-to-face interview included a PowerPoint presentation and a case study (I didn't get a chance to answer the case study question). The 2 phone interviews were more so going through my resume, describing what I've done for each employer and why I sought other employment. The face-to-face allowed me to go into details about my accomplishments and why I chose L'Oreal.

Interview Questions

• Asked that I explained, in detail, what I did for a previous employer.   Answer Question

Researcher Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview

Very long process of several months. The waiting time was long due to vacations taken by the interviewers and scheduling was difficult. However, everyone was very easy to speak to and approachable.

Packaging Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at L'Oréal (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

I had an interview for a packaging design role in the Ralph Lauren Fragrances division at L'Oréal. The interviewer was nice and asked a lot of questions, but didn't seem to be very excited about the role himself, which made me not very excited to continue to pursue the role.

Interview Questions

• He asked me if I could choose just 1 school project to exist in the real world, which one would I choose.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Overall process was a step above disarray. Introduced to generic supply chain role by a friend and then contacted by HR. HR had no specifics around the role's title or responsibilities. Was told repeatedly that "specifics would be provided later but prior to in person interview".

HR then provided an incomplete one pager on the role a couple days before the interview along with a request to prepare a presentation on a project. Reached out to HR to gain clarity on incomplete role information with no response. Decided to go to the interview about a month ago despite no feeling of taking anything said credibly.

Interview was a 3 person panel and really more of a pitch about transforming their supply chain than an interview. I did not feel like they knew what the role would be responsible for. Basically spoke at high levels around here's where we are and here's where we want to go. They didn't have all the details of the role specifics when I asked. Overall, it felt like their Supply Chain was an afterthought to a Sales centric organization. Said differently, they had a Supply Chain pipe dream but no plan, which really lead me to believe it was just a wish they don't really know how to address.

Process was one call, one interview, and then a few weeks ago, I got an offer for the role that, get this, still had no title! I politely declined. You really can't make this process up so it had to be an outlier experience. People were very nice and they even admitted Supply Chain is something they don't support well. Not a great selling point for a role that's supposed to be transformational. Accepting the offer would have felt like career suicide.

Regional Director Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Contacted by corporate recruiter, phone screen with Hiring Manager and Face-to-Face Interview. Very humiliating Interview! Hiring Manager included a member of the team that I would manage in the F2F, I was not told someone would be joining the interview. Hiring Manager made fun of my attire and asked me if I had a split personality when I answered "we" manage reps in this manner (referencing my current companies mandates.) In hindsight, I should not have interviewed in front of a potential subordinate. I should have known at that point that I was a practice interview. I would never have subjected myself to this type of treatment for any position or company.

Interview Questions

• What value would I add to the team?   1 Answer