L'Oréal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Senior CHEMIST Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Clark, NJ).

Interview

There are a few levels in the R&I Team. Starting From an Intern to Associate Chemist, Chemist, SR. Chemist, and SR. Chemist II.

First was an email from HR Director to set up a time to talk (AKA Phone Screen 30-40mins). Mostly about previous experience and whu I was looking for a new role. Next set up time to speak with department manager for a technical phone interview (30-45 mins). Questions were about my experience with working with category specific products (I.e. Skin Care, hair care, and actives). Got invited on-site to meet with department category VP (30 mins). Next with HR in person (20 mins). Next phone conference with a different category. Next day got invited to Skype with HRs boss and category Director. Offer was made following week. Drug test and background took a few days to clear. LOreal has been known to take 2-3 months for an interview/ onboarding but since my role was really needed due to high priority projects they can move super fast.

Interview Questions

• What type of preservatives would you use in a hydro alcoholic formulation, O/W Emulsion, W/O.   1 Answer
    • How to determine an ingredients solubility?   1 Answer
    • What drives you?   Answer Question

Global Marketing Interview

Interview

It wasn't bad. It was a pretty standard interview, but it did take them over a month to contact me after I appied. By the time they contacted me, I had already accepted a different offer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview

1. Short, behavioral interview with the recruiter about my qualifications, interests, and potential contributions to the company.

2. Technical screening over the phone. Included questions specific to the projects/field I expressed interest in during my first interview.

3. Offer!

Interview Questions

• What kind of haircare/skincare products do you use and why?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Interview with head of each division, and the head of HR. Very relaxed and casual atmosphere. Didn't ask many standard interview questions e.g. why L'oreal, why marketing. My interview took around 30-35 minutes, but heard there were others whose interview only lasted 10-15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What would your friends say your strength and difficulty are?   Answer Question

Chemist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at L'Oréal in December 2016.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews, one with a recruiter and another with the senior scientist. They were both very kind and extremely easy to speak with.

Tips I would give anyone interviewing for this position is to make sure you know everything on your resume, because they questioned courses I took relating to the field.

Interview Questions

• They asked the following questions (not in this particular order)

1. What was one challenge you overcame during your internship?
      2. Define stability
      3. Are you open to traveling?
      4. What can you tell me about the company?
      5. What do you know about regulatory?
      6. How would you describe aerosol technology?
      Answer Question

Fragrance Model Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Newark, DE).

Interview

Met with director to review daily tasks and expectations.
    Wanted to get a clear understanding of what it means to be a good salesperson.
    One-on-one meeting to assess how well you would do in this position.

MDP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Somerset, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

I was promptly shown a safety video for the manufacturing facility. Then I was given steel toe shoes to change into which then afterwards, I was brought into the interview room with 2 interviewers. I was asked to present my presentation about myself and my work experiences. Then after I finished, they proceeded to ask me behavioral questions and questions about the projects or impact I have had at the companies I worked before.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to improve about yourself? Why should we not hire you?   1 Answer
    • What do you see yourself in the future?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley Heights, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Berkeley Heights, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied to the position about a month prior to receiving the opportunity to interview with the company. The same I received the email, I went in person to meeting with the Hiring Manager. I didn't hear back from the company for about a month after. Unfortunately, I wasn't offered the position but the experience was great. I hope to one day be able to fulfill my dream of working for L'Oréal.

Corporate Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

Spoke with a few people at the campus career fair.
    Had a 30 min interview on campus with 2 recruiters on campus the next day.
    Final interview was on sight - tour of facility, panel interview, technical interview, presentation and case study.

Panel interview was standard and more laid back
    Technical interview asked question in regards to equipment on the manufacturing floor.
    Case study was focused on managing a team and communication.
    Presentation is to talk about yourself and a career accomplishment.

Interview Questions

• How would you facilitate a meeting?
      How would you approach someone being obnoxious in a meeting?
      How would you get shy people involved?
      How would you best implement a new line in the factory?
      How would you trouble shoot a pump that is filling slower than promised by the company it was bought from?
      What would you do if kick off for production was delayed 2 weeks?
      What is your biggest disappointment?
      Answer Question

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at L'Oréal (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Very fair and reasonable interview. Applying for recent graduate position. Asked me typical questions: why did you choose your major, how do you plan on using what you learned in your career, what are your future career goals, what is something on your resume you are most proud of, etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you experienced a great amount of stress/how did you cope?   Answer Question