L'Oréal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

L'Oréal Interview Questions

Updated Dec 5, 2017

3.1

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

The whole hiring process was great. 2 phone interviews and 1 in person interview. 1st phone interview was with a member of the HR recruiting team. The HR member remained in contact with me through the entire duration of the interview process. He kept me updated and helped me prepare for upcoming interviews. The 2nd phone interview was with the department head. She asked some tough and thought provoking questions. She was easy to talk to and I could really tell that she was passionate about the company. It is nice to hear a sincere passion for a job in the interviewer’s voice. My 3rd interview was an on-site interview which consisted of 4 parts. The first part I sat down with the department head, the supervisor for the position, and a local member of HR. Here I was asked more detailed questions that related to my current work and what I would bring to the position. There were also questions about problem solving and personality traits. Next was a plant tour, where I got to see where I would be working. The third part consisted of a 15 min presentation I prepared on a sample of my work. Another member of the department joined here and there were a few more interview questions. Finally, there was a team building exercise to see how I worked with others. After the interview was over, I walked out genuinely happy. Everyone I met was extremely friendly and seemed happy to be working there. The interviewers asked difficult questions and seemed like they genuinely cared about what I said. At the end of the interview, I was given critiques on some aspects of the interview. This made me feel like L’Oreal wanted to see me grow as a person. Overall the interview process was the most organized process that I have been part of.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online, then got an email for a phone interview. I really liked who I spoke to she was so nice, and asked relevant questions. They said I would hear back in 3 weeks. Its been 3 weeks and no response, and I have emailed them.

Senior R&D Chemist Interview

Interview

The interview went well. I met with R&D and HR, everyone was friendly and asked about my skills and what I liked about L'Oreal and the industry. Overall, it was a good experience.

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

Weng to their office and talked with 3 recruiters consecutively. They are all very nice and friendly. They would just go over your resume and pick what they were intered in. The proficiency of excel is what they really care

Operations Full-time Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at L'Oréal in October 2017.

Interview

HR was very disorganized. They never responded to my email back for my availability for a technical phone interview and scheduled me for an interview without any notice. I was surprised to receive the call and the interviewer seemed disorganized as well. Wanted me to fly to headquarters in two days for an on-site interview without any advance notice. Overall the company seemed a bit unprofessional in the entire interview process.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview

Did a phone interview and then an in-person, which was basically just a presentation about my greatest accomplishment and questions about it. It was a panel of 4 interviewers. One was kind of rude, 2 looked disinterested. Barely asked any questions.

Interview Questions

• What difficulties did you go thorough to get this accomplishment?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley Heights, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Berkeley Heights, NJ) in September 2017.

Interview

From the initial email to the job offer was a little over 2 months.

I was first contacted by a recruiter by email for a request for an initial phone screening. The questions were very basic and reflected the job description, e.g. why L'Oreal, how are your Excel skills, salary requirements.

After the initial phone screen, I was contacted to set up a Skype/phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and was a very basic first interview. Following this interview, I received follow-up that they would like to for me to do an in-person panel interview in NJ. I was required to prepare a 15 minute presentation that I was given info about prior to the interview. The whole interview lasted about 1.5 hours and included time for questions and a case study. Following the in-person interview, I was asked to complete two more phone interviews with directors from two of their facilities. Those each lasted about 30-40 minutes.

Following the phone interviews, I received an offer about a week later and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Define failure. Tell us about a time you felt like you failed.   Answer Question

Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L'Oréal in September 2017.

Interview

online questionnaire - you fill out the online application and submit cover letter and resume. Within the app there are multiple questions about why you want to work there etc

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2017.

Interview

I met the recruiters at a career fair and talked to both engineers and HR. I was invited back the next day for a behavioral interview with two interviewers. Before the interview, they gave a group of us a presentation about L'Oreal and then took everyone back individually. The interview was very typical with questions mainly coming off my resume.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you took initiative at a previous job.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal in September 2017.

Interview

I interacted with several members of the team during a campus career fair during the day. That same night they called me and we interviewed on campus the following morning. They gave a 30 minute presentation on the internship program and then interviewed us one at a time lasting around 30 minutes. They told us we should hear back from them within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach instructing an older manufacturing line worker as a younger intern?   Answer Question