L'Oréal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

L'Oréal Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2017

3.1

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview

Did a phone interview and then an in-person, which was basically just a presentation about my greatest accomplishment and questions about it. It was a panel of 4 interviewers. One was kind of rude, 2 looked disinterested. Barely asked any questions.

Interview Questions

• What difficulties did you go thorough to get this accomplishment?   Answer Question

Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L'Oréal in September 2017.

Interview

online questionnaire - you fill out the online application and submit cover letter and resume. Within the app there are multiple questions about why you want to work there etc

Development Co-op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview

3 Phone Interviews over the course of a few weeks. Basic behavioral questions and need to have understanding of the company. Process was very smooth and organized by HR. HR is very helpful.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions, know about the company and why you want to work for them   Answer Question

Material Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Dallas, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

2 phone interviews and 1 face-to-face. The face-to-face interview included a PowerPoint presentation and a case study (I didn't get a chance to answer the case study question). The 2 phone interviews were more so going through my resume, describing what I've done for each employer and why I sought other employment. The face-to-face allowed me to go into details about my accomplishments and why I chose L'Oreal.

Interview Questions

• Asked that I explained, in detail, what I did for a previous employer.   Answer Question

Researcher Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview

Very long process of several months. The waiting time was long due to vacations taken by the interviewers and scheduling was difficult. However, everyone was very easy to speak to and approachable.

Packaging Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at L'Oréal (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

I had an interview for a packaging design role in the Ralph Lauren Fragrances division at L'Oréal. The interviewer was nice and asked a lot of questions, but didn't seem to be very excited about the role himself, which made me not very excited to continue to pursue the role.

Interview Questions

• He asked me if I could choose just 1 school project to exist in the real world, which one would I choose.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Overall process was a step above disarray. Introduced to generic supply chain role by a friend and then contacted by HR. HR had no specifics around the role's title or responsibilities. Was told repeatedly that "specifics would be provided later but prior to in person interview".

HR then provided an incomplete one pager on the role a couple days before the interview along with a request to prepare a presentation on a project. Reached out to HR to gain clarity on incomplete role information with no response. Decided to go to the interview about a month ago despite no feeling of taking anything said credibly.

Interview was a 3 person panel and really more of a pitch about transforming their supply chain than an interview. I did not feel like they knew what the role would be responsible for. Basically spoke at high levels around here's where we are and here's where we want to go. They didn't have all the details of the role specifics when I asked. Overall, it felt like their Supply Chain was an afterthought to a Sales centric organization. Said differently, they had a Supply Chain pipe dream but no plan, which really lead me to believe it was just a wish they don't really know how to address.

Process was one call, one interview, and then a few weeks ago, I got an offer for the role that, get this, still had no title! I politely declined. You really can't make this process up so it had to be an outlier experience. People were very nice and they even admitted Supply Chain is something they don't support well. Not a great selling point for a role that's supposed to be transformational. Accepting the offer would have felt like career suicide.

Regional Director Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Contacted by corporate recruiter, phone screen with Hiring Manager and Face-to-Face Interview. Very humiliating Interview! Hiring Manager included a member of the team that I would manage in the F2F, I was not told someone would be joining the interview. Hiring Manager made fun of my attire and asked me if I had a split personality when I answered "we" manage reps in this manner (referencing my current companies mandates.) In hindsight, I should not have interviewed in front of a potential subordinate. I should have known at that point that I was a practice interview. I would never have subjected myself to this type of treatment for any position or company.

Interview Questions

• What value would I add to the team?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview

Structured well and friendly people throughout. The process began with HR reaching out and then myself completing a pre-screen. The next step in the process was a 30 minute phone interview. After that, I was called to come in for an in-person interview.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at L'Oréal (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I wanted to be a part of L'Oreal very badly. I went through the Brandstorm competition. I won USA level and got in contact with some senior management. They put me in contact with R&D HR. First phone call was with HR. I had a great time talking to them about my passion, dreams, goals, and previous experience. Then I had a second phone call a week later with a manager from the tech group. Then they invited me on site. They flew me out from SF to NYC. I had an amazing day talking with everyone. There were 5 interviews that lasted ~4.5 hours. HR called me a few days later to get my feedback. Then a few days later, I got the call with the offer!
    Overall, they were very helpful, very kind and understanding. I have met with a LOT of L'Oreal execs/teams/employees at this point because I also got to go to Paris for Brandstorm international finals. There's a lot of passion, enthusiasm, and genuine interest in finding student talent.
    If you want to join L'Oreal after college/grad school, Brandstorm is a great way to do it.