L'Oréal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Senior CHEMIST Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Clark, NJ).

Interview

There are a few levels in the R&I Team. Starting From an Intern to Associate Chemist, Chemist, SR. Chemist, and SR. Chemist II.

First was an email from HR Director to set up a time to talk (AKA Phone Screen 30-40mins). Mostly about previous experience and whu I was looking for a new role. Next set up time to speak with department manager for a technical phone interview (30-45 mins). Questions were about my experience with working with category specific products (I.e. Skin Care, hair care, and actives). Got invited on-site to meet with department category VP (30 mins). Next with HR in person (20 mins). Next phone conference with a different category. Next day got invited to Skype with HRs boss and category Director. Offer was made following week. Drug test and background took a few days to clear. LOreal has been known to take 2-3 months for an interview/ onboarding but since my role was really needed due to high priority projects they can move super fast.

Interview Questions

• What type of preservatives would you use in a hydro alcoholic formulation, O/W Emulsion, W/O.   1 Answer
    • How to determine an ingredients solubility?   1 Answer
    • What drives you?   Answer Question

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview

A lot of questions regarding past experiences, behavioral style interview. Multiple people interview you to analyze your fit for the role. Questions include: Why do you want to apply to this company? Tell me about an example where you were not so successful?

Interview Questions

• Your biggest accomplishment?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview

Structured well and friendly people throughout. The process began with HR reaching out and then myself completing a pre-screen. The next step in the process was a 30 minute phone interview. After that, I was called to come in for an in-person interview.

Chemist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview

two interview. One with HR representative and another with manager of the department. I was asked questions on my strengths and weaknesses and why I would want to want for a large global cosmetics company. Interviews took place on college campus. The interview was laid-back with several questions and and tell me about scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about at problem that you had to solve using a new or innovative way.   Answer Question

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garnet Valley, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Garnet Valley, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Extremely disappointing process all around. Had to consistently follow up due to the lack of feedback and organization. The process felt very misleading as well. I do honestly believe that this person was going for a particular look and not necessarily qualifications.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview

1. Short, behavioral interview with the recruiter about my qualifications, interests, and potential contributions to the company.

2. Technical screening over the phone. Included questions specific to the projects/field I expressed interest in during my first interview.

3. Offer!

Interview Questions

• What kind of haircare/skincare products do you use and why?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. First round was phone screening with the hiring manager and second round was an in-person round on 2 hours of total interview with 3 people. Average questions , with resume information, what are my interests, and questions on the project and role.
    I had high hopes that I would get selected for this position. Well, my fate was not destined to be with L'oreal. I tried my level best and the feedback I received was that ,"Though I was a good candidate, I won't be a good fit for this role." So, in my experience , I would refer that it could be a culture fit! Bad experience! I had assumed that I could get selected and made major plans in the preparation of joining and they took more than 1 week to inform this feedback.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      How was your experience working at different projects and domains?
      Do you prefer data analytics or database (back-end)?
      Answer Question

Research & Innovation Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at L'Oréal in February 2017.

Interview

Fairly straightforward process. I had two interviews: one behavioral with a Talent Acquisition rep and the next with someone currently in Research & Innovation to learn more about the technical side of my past experiences. It did take a while to get a response after the second (and last) interview though - about a month for me.

Interview Questions

• What sort of analysis have you done with research in the past.   Answer Question

Global Marketing Interview

Interview

It wasn't bad. It was a pretty standard interview, but it did take them over a month to contact me after I appied. By the time they contacted me, I had already accepted a different offer

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Interview with head of each division, and the head of HR. Very relaxed and casual atmosphere. Didn't ask many standard interview questions e.g. why L'oreal, why marketing. My interview took around 30-35 minutes, but heard there were others whose interview only lasted 10-15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What would your friends say your strength and difficulty are?   Answer Question