L'Oréal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Senior CHEMIST Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Clark, NJ).

Interview

There are a few levels in the R&I Team. Starting From an Intern to Associate Chemist, Chemist, SR. Chemist, and SR. Chemist II.

First was an email from HR Director to set up a time to talk (AKA Phone Screen 30-40mins). Mostly about previous experience and whu I was looking for a new role. Next set up time to speak with department manager for a technical phone interview (30-45 mins). Questions were about my experience with working with category specific products (I.e. Skin Care, hair care, and actives). Got invited on-site to meet with department category VP (30 mins). Next with HR in person (20 mins). Next phone conference with a different category. Next day got invited to Skype with HRs boss and category Director. Offer was made following week. Drug test and background took a few days to clear. LOreal has been known to take 2-3 months for an interview/ onboarding but since my role was really needed due to high priority projects they can move super fast.

Interview Questions

• What type of preservatives would you use in a hydro alcoholic formulation, O/W Emulsion, W/O.   1 Answer
    • How to determine an ingredients solubility?   1 Answer
    • What drives you?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Phone interview - assessment centre (1day) - personal interview

Interview Questions

• What's an advertising campaign popping to your head right now that amazed you   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview

Simple, but had to interview with Area and the HR director. Background check as well as drug tests for all employees - odd, but not an issue for me.

Negotiation

Review of my application took about a week, they went with an outside canidate for management, I happily took the AM spot.

Interview

Very good at communicating before and after the process - heard from the AC that I had been successful for final interview within an hour. Process very straightforward and the interviewer was encouraging which gave a comfortable atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• This is how we define stakeholder. Who would be the stakeholders to a management decision you make.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview and it took place the next day. The interview lasted about 30 minutes with two people conducting the interview. They asked a range of questions most of them marketing based. The interviewers were extremely nice and warm and they stressed how someone could grow within the company. Eventually they felt i would be more suited for product development.

Interview Questions

• What product would you develop that isn't on the market?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

first interviewed by the hr, general questions about your education, past experience. then there was a product test. some questions such as what do you think about the product;how would you change it if you have budget;who are the target consumers of this product do you think?why? etc... Then there were some questions about your future plan...Second interview by project manager. similar questions.

Interview Questions

• questions down to detail. for example how would you negotiate with the factory,what would you do if they do not agree on the deal...   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't really negotiate as the offer is kind of the same for all interns. can negotiate starting date.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview

I talked to them at my school's career fair, after which they invited me to an interview. There were two half-hour interviews in different rooms. I was asked about my resume and behavioral questions about my leadership style, etc. Although my second interview went fine, the first interviewers were rather rude and I felt I was treated poorly.

Interview Questions

• What would you need in a new city to make you feel comfortable?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview

First interview with HR - why the company, why marketing, cv based questions. Second round AC whole day including a maths test, group work, presentation and a lunch with some employees. Third round - interview with the team leader - specific questions about products, branding, marketing, small case problem of their product (eg a launch, POS material etc)

Marketing Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview

Following the initial application, I received a telephone interview booked around three weeks in advance. It seemed that the person who interviewed me was fairly junior. Interview took place in French and English, and concerned competency questions and impressions of the company. I was also asked about what I could bring to the company before being given the chance to ask my own questions.

Interview Questions

• What branch of L'Oreal would you like to work for? When I named a few possible options, I was asked in French about the differences between their target markets.   Answer Question

Area Manager Interview

Interview

Ineterview with Human resources first, move to zone level HR and then contact the local HR with people who work with.
    usually there is no format about questino and very differenct question depend on interviewers... but it must be mention about sense fo beauty or prodcuts. Theay alwasy trying to find the person whether he interested beauty industry..
    There is not many figures wise question and case, but it is helpful to current consumer trend and behavior about beauty.

Interview Questions

• what do you want to be within 3 years in Loreal?   1 Answer

Marketing Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview

Applied online for A Taste of L'Oreal, then met with recruitment team for a question answer session. I was then called for a phone screen. A week later I was invited to A Taste of L'Oreal.

Interview Questions

• What are the current trends and how does your daily regiment follow that trend?   Answer Question