L'Oréal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Senior CHEMIST Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Clark, NJ).

Interview

There are a few levels in the R&I Team. Starting From an Intern to Associate Chemist, Chemist, SR. Chemist, and SR. Chemist II.

First was an email from HR Director to set up a time to talk (AKA Phone Screen 30-40mins). Mostly about previous experience and whu I was looking for a new role. Next set up time to speak with department manager for a technical phone interview (30-45 mins). Questions were about my experience with working with category specific products (I.e. Skin Care, hair care, and actives). Got invited on-site to meet with department category VP (30 mins). Next with HR in person (20 mins). Next phone conference with a different category. Next day got invited to Skype with HRs boss and category Director. Offer was made following week. Drug test and background took a few days to clear. LOreal has been known to take 2-3 months for an interview/ onboarding but since my role was really needed due to high priority projects they can move super fast.

Interview Questions

• What type of preservatives would you use in a hydro alcoholic formulation, O/W Emulsion, W/O.   1 Answer
    • How to determine an ingredients solubility?   1 Answer
    • What drives you?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview

It was a 7 step process with different stakeholders throughout the business, - a testing process which was tough to do at the time but was worth it in the end and I met some great people. The only negative was it took three months from start to finish.

Produktmanagement Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview

Vor dem Gespräch:
    - Bewerbung
    - Online-Test
    - Vorbereitung Case Study, die im AC vorgestellt werden sollte
    - AC
    - Vorstellungsgespräch mit der Marke, für die man ausgewählt wurde

Zuerst fand ein AC mit anderen Bewerbern statt. Für Personen, die in die nächste Runde kamen, fand ein persönliches Gespräch mit der Marketingleitung der Marke statt, für die man ausgewählt worden war.
    Die Atmosphäre war sehr angenehm, der Aufwand für die Bewerbung auf ein Praktikum allerdings sehr groß.

Interview Questions

• - Kennzahlen berechnen
      - Persönlicher Werdegang
      -Stärken/Schwächen und weitere gängige Fragen
      - Fragen zur Marke
      -Case Study   Answer Question

Assistant Chef De Produit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Levallois-Perret (France)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Levallois-Perret (France)) in May 2016.

Interview

Un entretien téléphonique de 30 minutes avec RH,
    Après un mois d'attente, j'ai reçu l'appel de RH pour organiser un autre entrien avec les managers au siège.
    L'entretien avec les deux chef de produit a duré environ 45 minutes (en anglais).

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Overall process was a step above disarray. Introduced to generic supply chain role by a friend and then contacted by HR. HR had no specifics around the role's title or responsibilities. Was told repeatedly that "specifics would be provided later but prior to in person interview".

HR then provided an incomplete one pager on the role a couple days before the interview along with a request to prepare a presentation on a project. Reached out to HR to gain clarity on incomplete role information with no response. Decided to go to the interview about a month ago despite no feeling of taking anything said credibly.

Interview was a 3 person panel and really more of a pitch about transforming their supply chain than an interview. I did not feel like they knew what the role would be responsible for. Basically spoke at high levels around here's where we are and here's where we want to go. They didn't have all the details of the role specifics when I asked. Overall, it felt like their Supply Chain was an afterthought to a Sales centric organization. Said differently, they had a Supply Chain pipe dream but no plan, which really lead me to believe it was just a wish they don't really know how to address.

Process was one call, one interview, and then a few weeks ago, I got an offer for the role that, get this, still had no title! I politely declined. You really can't make this process up so it had to be an outlier experience. People were very nice and they even admitted Supply Chain is something they don't support well. Not a great selling point for a role that's supposed to be transformational. Accepting the offer would have felt like career suicide.

Development Co-op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview

3 Phone Interviews over the course of a few weeks. Basic behavioral questions and need to have understanding of the company. Process was very smooth and organized by HR. HR is very helpful.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions, know about the company and why you want to work for them   Answer Question

Buying Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview

2 interviewers trying to make an informal situation to confort the applyers, it was a group dinamic at first. After passing throught it they called next week for another interview with the manager of the area.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview

Met the employer at one of their visits to our uni, applied from there. Got a call a few days later with a short information exchange, and was then invited to the assessment center for a full day of interviews/presentations

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join L'Oreal?   1 Answer

Packaging Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at L'Oréal (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

I had an interview for a packaging design role in the Ralph Lauren Fragrances division at L'Oréal. The interviewer was nice and asked a lot of questions, but didn't seem to be very excited about the role himself, which made me not very excited to continue to pursue the role.

Interview Questions

• He asked me if I could choose just 1 school project to exist in the real world, which one would I choose.   Answer Question

stagaire Interview

Anonymous Employee in Levallois-Perret (France)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Levallois-Perret (France)) in February 2017.

Interview

Postulation par annonce internet, réponse très rapide, entretien avec le recruteur seulement trois jours après.

J'ai ensuite rencontrer les directeurs de mon service. Cela a pris un peu de temps à cause des différents emploi du temps. une fois les entretiens terminés, j'ai eu la réponse définitive à la fin de la semaine.

Interview Questions

• Pour vous, Qu'est ce que la beauté ?   1 Answer

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Paris (France)) in April 2017.

Interview

J0 : Candidature via une connaissance au sein de L'Oréal
    J7 : Assessment Center