L'Oréal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017

3.1

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clark, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Clark, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

I had a panel interview with a couple of the engineers. They asked me a range of questions from personal to skill questions. It was ultimately to see if I were a good fit for their division. Pretty standard interview, be honest to your resume as they are going off of that most of the time.

Interview Questions

• Why choose L'Oreal?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if your co-workers were to come all at once for your help while you are in the middle of doing something?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview

1. Short, behavioral interview with the recruiter about my qualifications, interests, and potential contributions to the company.

2. Technical screening over the phone. Included questions specific to the projects/field I expressed interest in during my first interview.

3. Offer!

Interview Questions

• What kind of haircare/skincare products do you use and why?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. First round was phone screening with the hiring manager and second round was an in-person round on 2 hours of total interview with 3 people. Average questions , with resume information, what are my interests, and questions on the project and role.
    I had high hopes that I would get selected for this position. Well, my fate was not destined to be with L'oreal. I tried my level best and the feedback I received was that ,"Though I was a good candidate, I won't be a good fit for this role." So, in my experience , I would refer that it could be a culture fit! Bad experience! I had assumed that I could get selected and made major plans in the preparation of joining and they took more than 1 week to inform this feedback.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      How was your experience working at different projects and domains?
      Do you prefer data analytics or database (back-end)?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at L'Oréal in February 2017.

Interview

Fairly straightforward process. I had two interviews: one behavioral with a Talent Acquisition rep and the next with someone currently in Research & Innovation to learn more about the technical side of my past experiences. It did take a while to get a response after the second (and last) interview though - about a month for me.

Interview Questions

• What sort of analysis have you done with research in the past.   Answer Question

Global Marketing Interview

Interview

It wasn't bad. It was a pretty standard interview, but it did take them over a month to contact me after I appied. By the time they contacted me, I had already accepted a different offer

Senior CHEMIST Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Clark, NJ).

Interview

There are a few levels in the R&I Team. Starting From an Intern to Associate Chemist, Chemist, SR. Chemist, and SR. Chemist II.

First was an email from HR Director to set up a time to talk (AKA Phone Screen 30-40mins). Mostly about previous experience and whu I was looking for a new role. Next set up time to speak with department manager for a technical phone interview (30-45 mins). Questions were about my experience with working with category specific products (I.e. Skin Care, hair care, and actives). Got invited on-site to meet with department category VP (30 mins). Next with HR in person (20 mins). Next phone conference with a different category. Next day got invited to Skype with HRs boss and category Director. Offer was made following week. Drug test and background took a few days to clear. LOreal has been known to take 2-3 months for an interview/ onboarding but since my role was really needed due to high priority projects they can move super fast.

Interview Questions

• What type of preservatives would you use in a hydro alcoholic formulation, O/W Emulsion, W/O.   1 Answer
    • How to determine an ingredients solubility?   1 Answer
    • What drives you?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Interview with head of each division, and the head of HR. Very relaxed and casual atmosphere. Didn't ask many standard interview questions e.g. why L'oreal, why marketing. My interview took around 30-35 minutes, but heard there were others whose interview only lasted 10-15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What would your friends say your strength and difficulty are?   Answer Question

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

it was a very brief interview process. It seems as though they are not exactly sure what they are looking for, but need someone to revamp their social media. I suggested a couple of ideas, but it seems as though they are looking for one correct answer. The interview process was completely painless and I'm sure that they are a wonderful company to work for.

Chemist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at L'Oréal in December 2016.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews, one with a recruiter and another with the senior scientist. They were both very kind and extremely easy to speak with.

Tips I would give anyone interviewing for this position is to make sure you know everything on your resume, because they questioned courses I took relating to the field.

Interview Questions

• They asked the following questions (not in this particular order)

1. What was one challenge you overcame during your internship?
      2. Define stability
      3. Are you open to traveling?
      4. What can you tell me about the company?
      5. What do you know about regulatory?
      6. How would you describe aerosol technology?   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Provo, UT) in December 2016.

Interview

Four interview total. first, interview with a member of HR in NJ. Very comfortable and logical conversation. Well explained roles for the position. Second, interview with a manager of the laboratory in NJ. Questions are not tricky rather straightforward. Explained the duties well for the position. Third, interview with a hiring manager in Japan. again he asked direct questions. had a good time. Last, interview with a director of R&D. Emphasis on multi-cultural environment. If you are experienced with cultural diversity, you will fit for the environment