L'Oréal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

L'Oréal Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2017

3.1

Chemist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at L'Oréal in December 2016.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews, one with a recruiter and another with the senior scientist. They were both very kind and extremely easy to speak with.

Tips I would give anyone interviewing for this position is to make sure you know everything on your resume, because they questioned courses I took relating to the field.

Interview Questions

• They asked the following questions (not in this particular order)

1. What was one challenge you overcame during your internship?
      2. Define stability
      3. Are you open to traveling?
      4. What can you tell me about the company?
      5. What do you know about regulatory?
      6. How would you describe aerosol technology?
      Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Provo, UT) in December 2016.

Interview

Four interview total. first, interview with a member of HR in NJ. Very comfortable and logical conversation. Well explained roles for the position. Second, interview with a manager of the laboratory in NJ. Questions are not tricky rather straightforward. Explained the duties well for the position. Third, interview with a hiring manager in Japan. again he asked direct questions. had a good time. Last, interview with a director of R&D. Emphasis on multi-cultural environment. If you are experienced with cultural diversity, you will fit for the environment

Fragrance Model Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Newark, DE).

Interview

Met with director to review daily tasks and expectations.
    Wanted to get a clear understanding of what it means to be a good salesperson.
    One-on-one meeting to assess how well you would do in this position.

MDP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Somerset, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

I was promptly shown a safety video for the manufacturing facility. Then I was given steel toe shoes to change into which then afterwards, I was brought into the interview room with 2 interviewers. I was asked to present my presentation about myself and my work experiences. Then after I finished, they proceeded to ask me behavioral questions and questions about the projects or impact I have had at the companies I worked before.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to improve about yourself? Why should we not hire you?   1 Answer
    • What do you see yourself in the future?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley Heights, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Berkeley Heights, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied to the position about a month prior to receiving the opportunity to interview with the company. The same I received the email, I went in person to meeting with the Hiring Manager. I didn't hear back from the company for about a month after. Unfortunately, I wasn't offered the position but the experience was great. I hope to one day be able to fulfill my dream of working for L'Oréal.

Brand Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I met representatives at a career fair and after my elevator pitch was emailed to interview later that day. I then met with two individuals, one in HR and the other from the brand team that I later ended up working for that summer. The interview was largely based on behavioral questions and my passion for products/brands.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to lead an innovation   Answer Question

Corporate Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

Spoke with a few people at the campus career fair.
    Had a 30 min interview on campus with 2 recruiters on campus the next day.
    Final interview was on sight - tour of facility, panel interview, technical interview, presentation and case study.

Panel interview was standard and more laid back
    Technical interview asked question in regards to equipment on the manufacturing floor.
    Case study was focused on managing a team and communication.
    Presentation is to talk about yourself and a career accomplishment.

Interview Questions

• How would you facilitate a meeting?
      How would you approach someone being obnoxious in a meeting?
      How would you get shy people involved?
      How would you best implement a new line in the factory?
      How would you trouble shoot a pump that is filling slower than promised by the company it was bought from?
      What would you do if kick off for production was delayed 2 weeks?
      What is your biggest disappointment?
      Answer Question

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at L'Oréal (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Very fair and reasonable interview. Applying for recent graduate position. Asked me typical questions: why did you choose your major, how do you plan on using what you learned in your career, what are your future career goals, what is something on your resume you are most proud of, etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you experienced a great amount of stress/how did you cope?   Answer Question

Full Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Tempe, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

Meet them at the career fair for my school. Talked to them at the booth then was called for an interview that evening for the next day. The interview process was very behavioral based. They asked about a time working with a hard person and your greatest leadership experience. Above all make sure that you have questions prepared it is about an hour long interview.

CMI Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at L'Oréal (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview Screen and interview with Hiring Manager. The HR Manager was incredibly friendly and really sold the position and role to me, she knew a lot abut the position and sent suggestions about preparing for the interview. I actually left the conversation really wanting to work at L'Oreal, but the one of the hiring managers quickly turned me off. One of the hiring managers was incredibly unfriendly and condescending, it actually changed my mind about working with L'Oreal and having to work under her.