L'Oréal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

3.1

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at L'Oréal (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I was an internal employee applying to a new position. Getting the interview was difficult bc getting in touch with HR can be a struggle at times.
    However, once the ball got rolling - the process was very quick and HR offered A LOT of support.
    I had to hand in my resume and HR set up the interview time.

Interview Questions

• This is a more entry level position so I was asked where I would see myself going in X amount of years and what attracted me to this position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate bc the offer was competitive and this is an entry level position. I suggest having a good network of people on your side so they can speak to your skill set.

Packaging Engineering Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview

On Campus Interview, Phone Interview, On Site Interview (presentation, technical interview, panel interview). Overnight stay was paid for. Presentation revolved around project experience. Technical interview revolved around troubleshooting manufacturing issues.

R&D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

It happend on ACS career fair. It was an informal interview, which went very well. But in the last the HR told me that they do not sponsor working Visa, and instead recommended me to a globel talent program.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview process was quick and informational about the position. Spoke with two recruiters and learned a lot about the company and the position. Enjoyed the process overall. Positive and enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions

• What is a recent marketing campaign that spoke to you and why?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at L'Oréal in August 2016.

Interview

On campus interview after recruiting session. Team was there and interview followed on the next day. Multiple interviewers all with great attitudes. The interview took about an hour and was very much so about me and behaviorals.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Worst Interview I have ever gone to. Wanted me to meet with 8 people and spend the whole day there. There were 30 min pockets where i just sat in an empty room by myself. Then people were 15-20 min late to their 30min session.Told me to find lunch by myself. During lunch i got a TEXTmessage from HR telling me to go home bc the other people couldnt make it to interview me.

Interview Questions

• They wanted me to provide confidential reports from my previous jobs, which i continuously told them I legally could not do that. But they still kept asking me to pull them up for them to see   Answer Question

Public Relations Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L'Oréal in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process took over a month. There was a series of three phone interviews with two different people. They asked basic questions like why do I want to work here and asked about my background. The phone interviews were very comfortable and were more of a conversation than an interview. overall, I had a very positive experience interviewing with L'Oreal.

Social Media Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview

I was fortunate enough to receive a message via LinkedIn describing an opportunity that would be the best next step in my career path. Within a week of initiative communication, I had a 30-minute phone interview with the head of recruitment. He asked brilliant questions-- surprisingly focused on where I see myself in the future and how/if this position be a good fit. Of course, I was excited to learn more. The initiative interview took some time(about 2-3weeks) to set up but the ball started to roll from there. I met the team's director and AVP of HR. It went pleasantly well, in fact most the interviews went well over the allotted time. Note: if you are knowledgable and passionate about your area of expertise, the interviewing process is way less intimidating that you'd imagine.

The next week, I was asked to come back and chat with AVP of marketing and director of talent acquisition. The questions were less granular and more about the overarching goals of the marketing team as a whole. This focused more on the DNA of the team and what skills (both personal and professional) would be a great fit for the team. There was also a focus on forecasting social trends to gauge how forward-thinking I was.

Just when I thought the interviewing process was over, I was invited to meet with the Vice President. While this was a bit nerve racking, it was certainly promising. By the end of the next week, I received an offer via phone call by the same recruiter that reached out to me via LinkedIn. I will be starting soon and couldn't be happier with the interviewing process and the many people I met thus far.

Interview Questions

• What new social media platform(s) do you predict will change the game in the next few years?   1 Answer
    • Describe a challenging moment in social media management and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • Do you have experience with blogger relations/ partnerships and to what extent?   Answer Question
    • What tools and platforms are you currently using for social media listening and campaign tracking?   Answer Question
    • Describe a campaign/ social media program that you are most proud of?   Answer Question
    • How do you measure social media success?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The package extended my expectations. I negotiated vacation days without a problem.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview

After working with an external recruiter, L'Oreal's internal recruiting department interviewed me twice (informational) before I interviewed with an HR manager (informal, "review your resume")--this first stage of the process took a total of two weeks. After my interview with HR, the balance of the process unfolded over two weeks. I interviewed once on the phone with my future manager (situational and behavioral interview), and met with her again, more informally, in person over coffee. Final round interview was a day of conversations in the New York City office, where I met with division vice presidents. Nothing about the interview process was off-putting. There are no trick questions--the company just wants to make sure you're talented, experienced, and ready for progression. They hire with your next two-to-three roles in mind. The process was thorough and fantastic.

Interview Questions

• Situational: Describe how you would approach managing down a large amount of inventory.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Internal pay structure is relatively straightforward at the manager level--not much room for negotiation.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Miami, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

Taste of L'Oreal---personality portion, analysis of case, lunch with executives. They watch you the majority of the time, even while you prep for the presentation (I believe to gauge your leadership capabilities). Funnily enough I performed a rap on my personality portion because the activity was titled creativity assessment. Worked for me because I got the interview.
    Interview--- 2/3 on 1