L'Oréal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 25, 2017

3.1

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview process was quick and informational about the position. Spoke with two recruiters and learned a lot about the company and the position. Enjoyed the process overall. Positive and enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions

• What is a recent marketing campaign that spoke to you and why?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Worst Interview I have ever gone to. Wanted me to meet with 8 people and spend the whole day there. There were 30 min pockets where i just sat in an empty room by myself. Then people were 15-20 min late to their 30min session.Told me to find lunch by myself. During lunch i got a TEXTmessage from HR telling me to go home bc the other people couldnt make it to interview me.

Interview Questions

• They wanted me to provide confidential reports from my previous jobs, which i continuously told them I legally could not do that. But they still kept asking me to pull them up for them to see   Answer Question

Public Relations Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L'Oréal in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process took over a month. There was a series of three phone interviews with two different people. They asked basic questions like why do I want to work here and asked about my background. The phone interviews were very comfortable and were more of a conversation than an interview. overall, I had a very positive experience interviewing with L'Oreal.

Social Media Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview

I was fortunate enough to receive a message via LinkedIn describing an opportunity that would be the best next step in my career path. Within a week of initiative communication, I had a 30-minute phone interview with the head of recruitment. He asked brilliant questions-- surprisingly focused on where I see myself in the future and how/if this position be a good fit. Of course, I was excited to learn more. The initiative interview took some time(about 2-3weeks) to set up but the ball started to roll from there. I met the team's director and AVP of HR. It went pleasantly well, in fact most the interviews went well over the allotted time. Note: if you are knowledgable and passionate about your area of expertise, the interviewing process is way less intimidating that you'd imagine.

The next week, I was asked to come back and chat with AVP of marketing and director of talent acquisition. The questions were less granular and more about the overarching goals of the marketing team as a whole. This focused more on the DNA of the team and what skills (both personal and professional) would be a great fit for the team. There was also a focus on forecasting social trends to gauge how forward-thinking I was.

Just when I thought the interviewing process was over, I was invited to meet with the Vice President. While this was a bit nerve racking, it was certainly promising. By the end of the next week, I received an offer via phone call by the same recruiter that reached out to me via LinkedIn. I will be starting soon and couldn't be happier with the interviewing process and the many people I met thus far.

Interview Questions

• What new social media platform(s) do you predict will change the game in the next few years?   1 Answer
    • Describe a challenging moment in social media management and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • Do you have experience with blogger relations/ partnerships and to what extent?   Answer Question
    • What tools and platforms are you currently using for social media listening and campaign tracking?   Answer Question
    • Describe a campaign/ social media program that you are most proud of?   Answer Question
    • How do you measure social media success?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The package extended my expectations. I negotiated vacation days without a problem.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview

After working with an external recruiter, L'Oreal's internal recruiting department interviewed me twice (informational) before I interviewed with an HR manager (informal, "review your resume")--this first stage of the process took a total of two weeks. After my interview with HR, the balance of the process unfolded over two weeks. I interviewed once on the phone with my future manager (situational and behavioral interview), and met with her again, more informally, in person over coffee. Final round interview was a day of conversations in the New York City office, where I met with division vice presidents. Nothing about the interview process was off-putting. There are no trick questions--the company just wants to make sure you're talented, experienced, and ready for progression. They hire with your next two-to-three roles in mind. The process was thorough and fantastic.

Interview Questions

• Situational: Describe how you would approach managing down a large amount of inventory.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Internal pay structure is relatively straightforward at the manager level--not much room for negotiation.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Miami, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

Taste of L'Oreal---personality portion, analysis of case, lunch with executives. They watch you the majority of the time, even while you prep for the presentation (I believe to gauge your leadership capabilities). Funnily enough I performed a rap on my personality portion because the activity was titled creativity assessment. Worked for me because I got the interview.
    Interview--- 2/3 on 1

Senior CHEMIST Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Clark, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email from HR asking for a phone interview two days later. I then was turned down for the job. After one week I was told that i was no longer being pursued for the position. Two weeks later a talent recruiter called me and asked if I would be interested in a different position. I said yes and was then had another phone interview with HR two days later. The next week I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. Two weeks after that I had a skype interview with another person, and two days later I was flown out to New Jersey to interview with six other persons (hiring manager, assistant vice president, managers from two other similar teams, and two HR persons). Three weeks after the interview I received a phone call from HR saying that I was offered the job. The next day I received a welcome packet in the mail.
    Throughout the entire process, the HR team kept me informed of where I was at in the interview process. I would say that the overall process was long, but was much more organized and helpful than many other companies. The talent acquisition team at L'Oreal appear to know how to attract and run a good recruiting program.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you made a big mistake at work, and then discuss how you handled it. What were the results of your efforts to correct it?   1 Answer
    • Give me an example of how you employed a creative solution to a problem or project where traditional methods did not initially work? Were you successful?   1 Answer
    • Describe in basic terminology how oxidation color chemistry is different from free dye chemistry.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Wasn't too terribly difficult. They offered me something in the range of what I wanted, and I accepted.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clark, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Clark, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

interviewed with numerous people after a basic phone screening. Met with a panel where they all asked me basic interview questions. Liked that I had project management experience. Internships are project based so this was definitely a plus.

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Clark, NJ).

Interview

I applied online and was contact by email for an HR person. The next week I had 5 interviews at the same day, with HR and technical team people. I had an answer 2 weeks after that.

Interview Questions

• Why I would like to L'Oreal. Why I though I was a good candidate. My background, etc.   Answer Question

Brand Sales Educator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I was emailed about a phone interview and told to choose a time. So I did and recruiter confirmed. She never called the later I got a email to reschedule.

Interview Questions

• They asked what made me want the job.   1 Answer

They never called back