L'Oréal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2017

3.1

Brand Sales Educator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I was emailed about a phone interview and told to choose a time. So I did and recruiter confirmed. She never called the later I got a email to reschedule.

Interview Questions

• They asked what made me want the job.   1 Answer

They never called back

Raw Material Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Piscataway, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and an HR rep called me to speak about my experience. After a smooth phone interview they brought me in to have an in person meeting with the hiring manager, the director of my department, and a local HR rep. They had me present about myself and about a project that I was a part of. After about a week they got back to me to extend an offer. Overall the process was pleasant and they're follow ups were prompt.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths/weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • What are your thoughts on work/life balance?   Answer Question
    • If you were leading a team that needed to reach a decision but there was some disagreement, how would you determine the right way to proceed?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were not able to adjust an of the terms.

Director, Global Digital Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at L'Oréal (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I was approached by their recruiter via LinkedIn and interviewed first via phone.

I then had a subsequent interview with the HR's head for the group as well as the Divisional Brand President, the VP of Marketing and their digital senior leader who worked across various brands.

The process began very friendly, however the exchange with my prospective boss seemed short and a bit rude. Additionally, I was told that the brand was the worst performing with no near-term plans to grow staff (in effect managing no one) and that management was looking forward to lessening their interaction with a key digital stakeholder because of how disrespectful said person could be. "You can deal with it," I was told through laughter. To say I was turned off was an understatement.

The experience's crescendo came as we spoke about compensation. After hearing comments about the ability to be a punching bag, the fight that happened to achieve head count (which was taken from another department), I politely explained that for the level of work expected with no team support would require a higher compensation. In effect, I was a Marketing Coordinator, Manager and Director.

They informed me later that this was not possible which I understood and politely declined the offer. I mentioned during the HR exchange that maybe we could work together in the future. I was taken aback when HR said, "Frankly no. We won't revisit you in the future." I found it quite unprofessional and illustrative of the recruiter's anger towards me for not taking a role which did not align with where I was in my career path. Will never forget that interview!

Interview Questions

• This person has to be able to be a punching bag. Are you able to get up and stand again?   Answer Question

Assistant Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Streetsboro, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Streetsboro, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

Typical interview questions such as how do you show leadership in a matrix environment, how other people see you. What are your strengths, weaknesses. Communication was initially via email and the I was called for an interview. I was interviewed by two people, the hiring manager and the director. Very pleasant culture.

Education Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Jersey City, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

First in the interview process came a couple preliminary phone interviews, followed by individual in-person interviews with HR, prospective team & management. I had a very positive experience, in my opinion the energy of office atmosphere was friendly and enthusiastic. Other employees were very friendly, helpful and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the future?   1 Answer

Operations Management Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clark, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Clark, NJ) in December 2015.

Interview

I met the recruiters at a conference's career fair. They acted perfunctory at the career fair and I thought I wasn't gonna get contacted, however, after two weeks they contacted me and a few others for a technical phone interview. They flew us in and we had dinner with a few managers and some current MDPs, which was a nice gesture and a cool experience.
    The panel interview was conducted at their operations headquarter in Clark, NJ the second day. A few managers from other plants came in. The interview process was kind of difficult in my opinion but I had no pressure, since I already knew a lot about beauty and the company. We participated in a case study first, where they gave you a scenario and observed how the candidates interact/come up with solutions/present etc. Then we have to do a presentation about ourselves and speak 15 minutes (individually). After the presentation, the panel interviewers asked typical interview questions, such as "what's your weakness", "why L'Oreal" etc. I heard back from them after 1 week or 2 after the on-site interview.

Associate Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clark, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Clark, NJ).

Interview

The interview went pretty well. It did not take that long as others interviews. The interviewers were very nice and very respectful. They made me feel very comfortable.the interview went very smooth and the questions were not that hard. just the usual interview questions

Interview Questions

• whats your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Operations Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at L'Oréal (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

L'Oreal came to my school's engineering career fair in October. I talked with two recruiters at their booth, and I thought the conversation went fairly well. A weeks later, an HR recruiter emailed me asking to set up quick call. I wasn't sure at the time whether it was an interview or what.

A couple of weeks later, we finally had the call. She mostly just asked me what I thought the position was and what impressions I got the from the recruiters I had talked to a month earlier. She then described what the position was and gave me advice for the next step, the technical phone interview. Overall, it was pretty chill.

After maybe a week and a half, I had a technical phone interview with a Operations Development manager in the division that I had expressed some interest in. And this interview went fairly well. They are above looking for passion, so if you can express that in your answers through your school projects, clubs, and work experience, then you have an advantage. A week later, I got a call from the HR recruiter with the job offer..

Interview Questions

• Why L'Oreal? Why Development?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a problem that you've encountered being a leader in part of a group?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Overly complicated. Too pretentious. Asked many irrelevant questions. Too many people involved in the interview process; 3 HR, 2 Departmental managers. Made it seem like I was applying for the position of the Chief Executive officer. Human resource department is ineffective. Essentially barely screens candidates. Does not have enough information about the open position. They want only the cream of the crop even for mid level managers.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing you contributed to your last position?   Answer Question

Packaging Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Clark, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

Thorough Interview. Emphasis in technical knowledge and project management. Must be able to provide details of previous experience. Must be able to provide good examples of how past experience will apply to position being applied for.