L'Oréal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017

3.1

Senior CHEMIST Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Clark, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email from HR asking for a phone interview two days later. I then was turned down for the job. After one week I was told that i was no longer being pursued for the position. Two weeks later a talent recruiter called me and asked if I would be interested in a different position. I said yes and was then had another phone interview with HR two days later. The next week I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. Two weeks after that I had a skype interview with another person, and two days later I was flown out to New Jersey to interview with six other persons (hiring manager, assistant vice president, managers from two other similar teams, and two HR persons). Three weeks after the interview I received a phone call from HR saying that I was offered the job. The next day I received a welcome packet in the mail.
    Throughout the entire process, the HR team kept me informed of where I was at in the interview process. I would say that the overall process was long, but was much more organized and helpful than many other companies. The talent acquisition team at L'Oreal appear to know how to attract and run a good recruiting program.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you made a big mistake at work, and then discuss how you handled it. What were the results of your efforts to correct it?   1 Answer
    • Give me an example of how you employed a creative solution to a problem or project where traditional methods did not initially work? Were you successful?   1 Answer
    • Describe in basic terminology how oxidation color chemistry is different from free dye chemistry.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Wasn't too terribly difficult. They offered me something in the range of what I wanted, and I accepted.

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Clark, NJ).

Interview

I applied online and was contact by email for an HR person. The next week I had 5 interviews at the same day, with HR and technical team people. I had an answer 2 weeks after that.

Interview Questions

• Why I would like to L'Oreal. Why I though I was a good candidate. My background, etc.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clark, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Clark, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

interviewed with numerous people after a basic phone screening. Met with a panel where they all asked me basic interview questions. Liked that I had project management experience. Internships are project based so this was definitely a plus.

Brand Sales Educator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I was emailed about a phone interview and told to choose a time. So I did and recruiter confirmed. She never called the later I got a email to reschedule.

Interview Questions

• They asked what made me want the job.   1 Answer

They never called back

Raw Material Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Piscataway, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and an HR rep called me to speak about my experience. After a smooth phone interview they brought me in to have an in person meeting with the hiring manager, the director of my department, and a local HR rep. They had me present about myself and about a project that I was a part of. After about a week they got back to me to extend an offer. Overall the process was pleasant and they're follow ups were prompt.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths/weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • What are your thoughts on work/life balance?   Answer Question
    • If you were leading a team that needed to reach a decision but there was some disagreement, how would you determine the right way to proceed?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were not able to adjust an of the terms.

Director, Global Digital Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at L'Oréal (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I was approached by their recruiter via LinkedIn and interviewed first via phone.

I then had a subsequent interview with the HR's head for the group as well as the Divisional Brand President, the VP of Marketing and their digital senior leader who worked across various brands.

The process began very friendly, however the exchange with my prospective boss seemed short and a bit rude. Additionally, I was told that the brand was the worst performing with no near-term plans to grow staff (in effect managing no one) and that management was looking forward to lessening their interaction with a key digital stakeholder because of how disrespectful said person could be. "You can deal with it," I was told through laughter. To say I was turned off was an understatement.

The experience's crescendo came as we spoke about compensation. After hearing comments about the ability to be a punching bag, the fight that happened to achieve head count (which was taken from another department), I politely explained that for the level of work expected with no team support would require a higher compensation. In effect, I was a Marketing Coordinator, Manager and Director.

They informed me later that this was not possible which I understood and politely declined the offer. I mentioned during the HR exchange that maybe we could work together in the future. I was taken aback when HR said, "Frankly no. We won't revisit you in the future." I found it quite unprofessional and illustrative of the recruiter's anger towards me for not taking a role which did not align with where I was in my career path. Will never forget that interview!

Interview Questions

• This person has to be able to be a punching bag. Are you able to get up and stand again?   Answer Question

Assistant Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Streetsboro, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Streetsboro, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

Typical interview questions such as how do you show leadership in a matrix environment, how other people see you. What are your strengths, weaknesses. Communication was initially via email and the I was called for an interview. I was interviewed by two people, the hiring manager and the director. Very pleasant culture.

Education Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Jersey City, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

First in the interview process came a couple preliminary phone interviews, followed by individual in-person interviews with HR, prospective team & management. I had a very positive experience, in my opinion the energy of office atmosphere was friendly and enthusiastic. Other employees were very friendly, helpful and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the future?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Clark, NJ) in December 2015.

Interview

I met the recruiters at a conference's career fair. They acted perfunctory at the career fair and I thought I wasn't gonna get contacted, however, after two weeks they contacted me and a few others for a technical phone interview. They flew us in and we had dinner with a few managers and some current MDPs, which was a nice gesture and a cool experience.
    The panel interview was conducted at their operations headquarter in Clark, NJ the second day. A few managers from other plants came in. The interview process was kind of difficult in my opinion but I had no pressure, since I already knew a lot about beauty and the company. We participated in a case study first, where they gave you a scenario and observed how the candidates interact/come up with solutions/present etc. Then we have to do a presentation about ourselves and speak 15 minutes (individually). After the presentation, the panel interviewers asked typical interview questions, such as "what's your weakness", "why L'Oreal" etc. I heard back from them after 1 week or 2 after the on-site interview.

Entry Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Redmond, WA) in December 2015.

Interview

I had interview there through Recruiting Agency. I was interviewed by AVP of Supply&Chain. Interview was held on site. Overall I had a good experience and it was very friendly conversation with smart people. This company is totally going somewhere and they are developing and being a part of something like will be a good idea for sure!

Interview Questions

• My experience with SAP and couple question like what would I do in certain situation.   Answer Question